PDA

View Full Version : Official Fallout 2d20 Bug Report Thread

Pages : [1] 2

superteddy57
April 26th, 2022, 15:57
Use this thread to post any ruleset specific issues to track and get resolved. When reporting, please provide steps in reproducing the issue and any images if possible.

ddavison
April 26th, 2022, 23:44
I just want to add that this ruleset was developed in-house by Superteddy57 and SmiteWorks. We think he did a great job and we tested it pretty heavily, but please let us know if we missed anything.

Endroren
April 27th, 2022, 18:28
Should a theme extension have been installed to create the look and feel shown in the screenshots? I'm not seeing one.

To clarify - I get the dice, cap, and the upper right corner widget on the background as well as the Fallout overlay, but I don't get any of the thematic elements and there isn't a Fallout theme available to select when creating a new Fallout ruleset game.

Trenloe
April 27th, 2022, 18:32
Should a theme extension have been installed to create the look and feel shown in the screenshots? I'm not seeing one.
It's the default look of the ruleset, it isn't in a theme extension - load a campaign for the ruleset and you'll see the layout as shown in the screenshot.

ddavison
April 27th, 2022, 19:19

To clarify - I get the dice, cap, and the upper right corner widget on the background as well as the Fallout overlay, but I don't get any of the thematic elements and there isn't a Fallout theme available to select when creating a new Fallout ruleset game.

Make sure you aren't loading the fan-made version of Fallout instead of the official one. See if you have multiple ruelsets in your list. Our Ruleset name is just called Fallout.

It should look like this at load:

Endroren
April 27th, 2022, 21:46
It's the default look of the ruleset, it isn't in a theme extension - load a campaign for the ruleset and you'll see the layout as shown in the screenshot.

The problem is that I regularly select a theme. In this case I had to NOT select a theme. By choosing no theme, I automatically got the default one. Looks great BTW.

Egheal
April 28th, 2022, 07:33
In story tab, With a Bang Or a Whimper, 00.00 "Introduciton" must be "Introduction".
In the Combat Tracker there is no pop-up name for the icon (a fist I think) between the "Targets" icon and the "offense" icon.
Awesome ruleset btw, thanks SmiteWorks.

superteddy57
April 28th, 2022, 08:04
In story tab, With a Bang Or a Whimper, 00.00 "Introduciton" must be "Introduction".
In the Combat Tracker there is no pop-up name for the icon (a fist I think) between the "Targets" icon and the "offense" icon.
Awesome ruleset btw, thanks SmiteWorks.

Thank you for the report. I'll add it to my list.

Jonin
April 29th, 2022, 01:12
Nice to see this come to Fantasy Grounds. Looking forward to checking it out.

esmdev
April 30th, 2022, 23:31
Picked up the ruleset this morning, it looks great!

Not sure if this is a bug or for expansion or what, but in the modules window it lists Pregenerated Characters, and there is what looks to be a character, but it isn't really there.

superteddy57
April 30th, 2022, 23:44
Can you show me an image of what you are seeing?

esmdev
May 1st, 2022, 00:42
Can you show me an image of what you are seeing?

This is what I see.

superteddy57
May 1st, 2022, 00:44
Ah, might be a mistake on my export and might have tested something with the character sheet. There are no pregens provided in the book. I will add this to my list to get removed.

Karandus
May 3rd, 2022, 06:57
Perks in the character creator are greyed out based on SPECIAL attributes, but not on level. For instance, Intense Training and Life Giver show as available to take even though a level 1 character doesnt meet the level requirements.

JohnD
May 3rd, 2022, 07:22
Perks in the character creator are greyed out based on SPECIAL attributes, but not on level. For instance, Intense Training and Life Giver show as available to take even though a level 1 character doesnt meet the level requirements.

That was discussed in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBcP3FrZV-A - I think they're still figuring out how to implement it.

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2022, 07:34

As JohnD mentioned it is currently intended to do so at the moment till a better solution than parsing the requirement text for the information. It's slated for a fix in the first expansion of the codebase.

Shogar
May 4th, 2022, 13:56
Just a note: When trying to add dogmeat from the perk it adds a bloodbug, no listing for dogmeat

Shogar
May 4th, 2022, 14:16
I noticed that when I equip a piece of armor (go from carried to equip) it lists the value on the combat tab, but hides it on the inventory tab. This also goes for weapons (but not ammo).

**Nevermind, my mistake.. Just found out that it moves it to the combat tab and can be toggled off and goes back to inventory.. Much diff than 5e.

esmdev
May 4th, 2022, 16:15
Just a note: When trying to add dogmeat from the perk it adds a bloodbug, no listing for dogmeat

Hi, this should be fixed with yesterday's patch.

Herzog Igzorn
May 5th, 2022, 06:13
When we built characters yesterday, we noticed some weird shenanigans going on:
- as a GM I could one time see the same creation menu as my players, on next try i just got the normal character sheet, while the players were still in build mode.
-when the players wanted to increase an already tagged skill, it decreased by one rather than increasing.

We could not really reproduce these issues, they seemed to be quite random.
I consider reinstalling everything and then giving a try again

Chewie81
May 5th, 2022, 08:58
Found a bug when applying MODs to the Hunting Rifle. With the .50 cal receiver fitted, when attempting to apply any other mod with the exception of a barrel mod the Damage is reset back to base values (6 Damage) instead of its improved value of 8 Damage

superteddy57
May 5th, 2022, 11:52
- as a GM I could one time see the same creation menu as my players, on next try i just got the normal character sheet, while the players were still in build mode.
-when the players wanted to increase an already tagged skill, it decreased by one rather than increasing.

I am unfortunately unable to replicate this issue with the information you provided. Can you get me exact steps and conditions this happened?

Found a bug when applying MODs to the Hunting Rifle. With the .50 cal receiver fitted, when attempting to apply any other mod with the exception of a barrel mod the Damage is reset back to base values (6 Damage) instead of its improved value of 8 Damage

Thanks for the report. I was able to locate the issue and also noticed the ammo wasn't changing with the receiver. This will be updated with the next weekly update.

esmdev
May 5th, 2022, 17:40

Out of curiosity are you running any extensions or themes?

dhlmaster
May 6th, 2022, 12:51
I noticed the Mercenary equipment package gives you a pipe pistol and some .38 ammo, but those items are not listed as part of that package in the book.

superteddy57
May 6th, 2022, 19:05
I noticed the Mercenary equipment package gives you a pipe pistol and some .38 ammo, but those items are not listed as part of that package in the book.

Thanks for the report. I was able to verify this and will have it pushed with the weekly update.

Zariel
May 8th, 2022, 13:42
I noticed that when I equip a piece of armor (go from carried to equip) it lists the value on the combat tab, but hides it on the inventory tab. This also goes for weapons (but not ammo).

**Nevermind, my mistake.. Just found out that it moves it to the combat tab and can be toggled off and goes back to inventory.. Much diff than 5e.

I think there's a probleme because if you have in your inventory, 2 brotherhood of steel uniform (for example) and you want to equip the armor, the 2 stack of armor will be moved to the combat tab and disappear from the inventory.

The total weight carried is still calculated for the 2 armor, but a player can't see he have 2 same type armor in is inventory...

superteddy57
May 8th, 2022, 18:16
You would have to rename the armor to separate them. It is something I am looking to solve, but currently have no solution for at this time.

ProfDogg
May 10th, 2022, 22:10
Out of curiosity are you running any extensions or themes?

I noticed this in a Pathfinder 2e game the other day... When the player and the GM are in the same character sheet, there's some odd delay on changing values.

Zariel
May 11th, 2022, 18:06
You would have to rename the armor to separate them. It is something I am looking to solve, but currently have no solution for at this time.

Okay, Thx ;)

jrock1
May 20th, 2022, 02:15
When using explosives such as molotov ****tails and baseball grenades the interface does not track ammo as it does for other weapons (e.g. small guns, big guns etc.) Once you equip the explosives such as molotov ****tails, it does not display the ammo count. Would this be considered a feature request or bug?

superteddy57
May 20th, 2022, 04:53
If explosives have an ammunition field on the record, you can set it to the name of the item in question and it will decrement the count. If it's not visible, then it's not set up to track ammunition.

JohnD
May 20th, 2022, 05:54
When using explosives such as molotov ****tails and baseball grenades the interface does not track ammo as it does for other weapons (e.g. small guns, big guns etc.) Once you equip the explosives such as molotov ****tails, it does not display the ammo count. Would this be considered a feature request or bug?

I guess you have to call them molotov roostertails.

ProfDogg
May 22nd, 2022, 15:35
So when you click on an item in your inventory to either carry, equip or such, the item disappears. Some weight calcuation remains however as I still had some weight although as I clicked through all the gear it all disappeared... 52890

superteddy57
May 22nd, 2022, 17:17
If it's a weapon or apparel it goes to the weaponlist or armor list on the combat tab

ProfDogg
May 22nd, 2022, 17:28
If it's a weapon or apparel it goes to the weaponlist or armor list on the combat tab

I saw that... But then you can't "retrieve" them from the combat tab. And items like holotags and bobby-pins and clothing and such just disappear...

ProfDogg
May 22nd, 2022, 17:33
Ah... I just figured out how the armor and weapons can be "retrieved". Still has the issue with the other categories though...

superteddy57
May 22nd, 2022, 17:33
Other item types should remain visible on the inventory tab. I just tested with a Bobby pin and it only has two states, not carried and carried. It should not have an equipped option. When I cycled through it didn't disappear through the testing. Do you have any extensions enabled? If not, then can you provide me with exact steps from item creation on the inventory tab to when it disappears?

ProfDogg
May 22nd, 2022, 18:13
Other item types should remain visible on the inventory tab. I just tested with a Bobby pin and it only has two states, not carried and carried. It should not have an equipped option. When I cycled through it didn't disappear through the testing. Do you have any extensions enabled? If not, then can you provide me with exact steps from item creation on the inventory tab to when it disappears?

Well, I went through and tried to replicate and it didn't disappear this time... I had previously dragged the Scribe kit onto a Brotherhood PC. Then went through and equipped everything and then it all started disappearing. I did find Armor and Weapons on it (and then later found Clothing on a different PC I tried it on so I suspect it was the same issue as Armor where I didn't know where it was "hiding"). But now I cannot make the holotags disappear again... Not sure what happened the first time... No extensions btw... Plain vanilla ruleset... So I'll keep an eye out for it again and if it does replicate I'll slow down and record it better... Apologies for the early (and possibly unneccessary) alarm...

superteddy57
May 22nd, 2022, 19:09
No worries, the disappearing act is a bit new with cleaning up the inventory a bit. I'd prefer to check it out if you think something is amiss and happy to investigate.

Karandus
May 23rd, 2022, 01:57
Mysterious Stranger link in the Mysterious Stranger perk links to a bloodbug as well.

superteddy57
May 23rd, 2022, 06:58
Mysterious Stranger link in the Mysterious Stranger perk links to a bloodbug as well.

Thanks for the report. I'll have a look at getting that linked properly.

LordClaus
May 25th, 2022, 03:10
As GM: while on the "party sheet" (just opened), click "XP": (worked fine went right to info), Click "Order": (worked fine went right to info), Click "XP" and 52931.

The Avatar tokens remain on all the different windows of all tabs on the "Party Sheet" window.

superteddy57
May 25th, 2022, 17:04
Can you package up and provide a copy of the campaign that this is appearing?

MOD: merged with Bug Report thread

LordClaus
May 26th, 2022, 12:17
Can you package up and provide a copy of the campaign that this is appearing?

I zipped it up but was still 20.6 Mb and too large to send as FG only allows 9.5 as attachments.

LordClaus
May 26th, 2022, 13:30
I zipped it up but was still 20.6 Mb and too large to send as FG only allows 9.5 as attachments.

Okay so it helps to read all the way to the bottom of the post where it said that thing about large files... so I got it done,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZQt6KQ8EIZwR2o-AFMFlv7k__76URpAd/view?usp=sharing

superteddy57
May 26th, 2022, 13:48
Thanks, I opened the campaign and checked the database and saw that you were using the order image control. That may have been the cause of the issue. I'm unable to replicate the issue you have reported, but did some further code to shore up that area of the ruleset. One suggestion would be not to use the image on the order tab as that control has been having issues with many rulesets. A solution for that feature is still being considered.

LordClaus
May 26th, 2022, 14:02
Whatever shoring up you did may have done the trick as it did not do it when I reopened the campaign.
Thank you for your help and quick responses.
Claus

LordClaus
June 4th, 2022, 13:52
I was running scenarios with my son the other night and he was unable to target his foes, either on the battle map or the Combat Tracker. When he targeted one foe all foes were targeted.

Regards,
Claus

superteddy57
June 4th, 2022, 15:59
I wouldn't know what might cause that issue. I would have to see the combatants in question and how they got to the combat tracker. Could you zip up your campaign and make it available for me to look at it?

Tyr
June 16th, 2022, 23:17
When my players load Fallout the dice obscure the action points caps. How can we turn this off.
By the way, it is fine on my screen (as GM).

superteddy57
June 16th, 2022, 23:29
The frame should be moveable by right clicking on that section and unlocking it. It will be then able to be moved where they wish it to sit. Then they can re lock the frame to it's new location.

EDIT: I'll look into getting the Action Point Pools in line with the modifier box with a new update. As the rulesets are currently locked down, it may be some time till this is available.

LordClaus
June 17th, 2022, 01:06

Henry Ford said: "Whether you think you can, or think you can't -- you're right." Doing a fantastic job superteddy57! Oh one more thing, if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

Tyr
June 17th, 2022, 01:36
The frame should be moveable by right clicking on that section and unlocking it. It will be then able to be moved where they wish it to sit. Then they can re lock the frame to it's new location.

EDIT: I'll look into getting the Action Point Pools in line with the modifier box with a new update. As the rulesets are currently locked down, it may be some time till this is available.

the dice don't move with the chat box. The dice just stay there overlaying the AP's.

superteddy57
June 17th, 2022, 02:08
That is correct the dice won't move. The modifier box and the vault tec mascot are part of one frame. You can move that. I got word the ruleset is not in lock down and will be working on lining them up together. Keep an eye out for a hotfix.

superteddy57
June 17th, 2022, 11:31
Pushed hotfix for recent reported issues.

Mu77ley
June 17th, 2022, 18:00
Pushed hotfix for recent reported issues.

ReRoll box works a treat now, thanks. :)

Valyar
July 2nd, 2022, 19:08
Two things:
Traits are not added to PC during character creation.
There is clipping of interface elements in Combat section - windowlist overflow and the scrollbar

Valyar
July 3rd, 2022, 07:28
Two more things we noticed during the ruleset exploration:
1. When we drag & drop the heal value from chat to CT, the graphics breaks. Screenshot attached.

2. I am not sure if this is bug, but there is inconsistency in the hit location on successful attacks. Some attacks miss hit location altogether. Screenshot attached. Even when I click a hit location in the pip-boy before a roll, it is not always reported.

3. When a dice is reroll from skill test, the reroll report does not include the original Difficulty.

Valyar
July 3rd, 2022, 08:58
After some flamethrower fight with mirelurks and raiders we figured out that PERSISTENT effect does not work on PC, NPC and simplified NPCs. No idea how to make it work, i spend some time manually testing various combinations to no avail. Screenshot attached

Valyar
July 19th, 2022, 05:53
Two things:
1. The default size/reach options for PC/NPC are missing from the CT and GM cannot adjust properly the token size to get distance measured when a grid is used instead of abstract zones. It is something that a user reported in discord as well. I believe having the CoreRPG available at least in CT will help a lot.

2. Another alignment issue in CT, screenshot attached.

superteddy57
July 19th, 2022, 18:56
Added Space/Reach feature into the CT. The other reports I will need more time to investigate.

Shinmuriel
July 26th, 2022, 00:18
Some of the charts are not updated to the latest version of the Fallout 4 Core Rules, as per the official errata found HERE (https://www.modiphius.net/pages/falloutrpg_download). There may be other updates that are being missed in your FGU plugin but checking them is past my pay grade. The chart I noticed was the ranged weapon which is missing numbers 10 and 19 and an entire line of information. I just assume the rest of the information in the errata may be missing.

superteddy57
July 26th, 2022, 06:54
Some of the charts are not updated to the latest version of the Fallout 4 Core Rules, as per the official errata found HERE (https://www.modiphius.net/pages/falloutrpg_download). There may be other updates that are being missed in your FGU plugin but checking them is past my pay grade. The chart I noticed was the ranged weapon which is missing numbers 10 and 19 and an entire line of information. I just assume the rest of the information in the errata may be missing.

The ruleset was updated when the errata was released. What chart are you referring to? When reporting issues, it is best to provide images to show the issue, if you can, or provide exact steps to reproduce the issue. In this case steps to locate the chart you are referring to in your post.

RRFG
July 26th, 2022, 11:09
53734 53735 53736 53737 53738

RRFG
July 26th, 2022, 11:10
53739 53740 53741

superteddy57
July 26th, 2022, 11:14
Thanks, I'll have a look

RRFG
July 27th, 2022, 00:02
Great job getting those fixes out. It was very late when I posted, so I didn't have time to go through the entire errata. I did so this afternoon and found two more things to fix. The good thing is that these are the final mistakes listed on the current 6 April 2022 official errata. After this everything should be right as rain. Well, that is, until another errata is released. It is nearly a 400 page tome after all.

53751 53752 53753 53754

superteddy57
July 27th, 2022, 14:30
I appreciate it. I received the errata very late into development. I am happy to fix the mistakes.

Tyr
August 10th, 2022, 02:55
Howdy,
For some reason, the level is no longer showing for the characters sheets. Any idea what I did wrong?

superteddy57
August 10th, 2022, 04:03
That is a bug. Thanks for reporting. Looks like during my clean up for the last update I removed that portion of code by mistake.

Shinmuriel
August 10th, 2022, 16:44
When I add a modifier for Eng (Energy) to the character sheet editor it's not showing up under the damage reduction.

superteddy57
August 10th, 2022, 17:06
Thanks for the report. I was able to locate the issue.

Tyr
August 10th, 2022, 23:21
Howdy Superteddy57,
Is there anyway to manually set what the Max Encumbrance is? For our Mr. Handy, the system seems to be calculating in Str. for his Max Enc despite it should be a static 150 lbs. It would also be helpful for certain Perks too that modify enc.
Unless all of that is supposed to be calculated in which it might be a bug.

Tyr
August 10th, 2022, 23:21
Howdy Superteddy57,
Is there anyway to manually set what the Max Encumbrance is? For our Mr. Handy, the system seems to be calculating in Str. for his Max Enc despite it should be a static 150 lbs. It would also be helpful for certain Perks too that modify enc.
Unless all of that is supposed to be calculated in which it might be a bug.

Tyr
August 11th, 2022, 00:18
Also, since I am being such a chatty Cathy, I also notice that the AP and Fallout Guy feature tends to roam when I Launch the game.
The first screenshot below is when I close my FG and the second is when I re-open it. It tends to jump up under the chat box. Thought maybe I hadn't locked it down, but I've tried a few times and same thing. Not a major issue and easily fixed on my part, but wanted to throw it out there.

Tyr
August 11th, 2022, 00:55
This is just a recommendation.
Is there anyway of tagging what level a perk was taken so the Player knows when they can take it again? Maybe a box for how many ranks and then a box for next level that perk is available to take again?

Tyr
August 11th, 2022, 00:56
Doesn't need to be automated, just something the Learner can tag themselves showing the next level they can choose the same Perk.

superteddy57
August 11th, 2022, 03:25
The player can unlock the record and make a note of when it was acquired and even notate when the next eligible level. The encumbrance is in it's most basic and at the moment I didn't add in an override. Two things I have added to the list of things to look at when I circle back for expandion.

brentimain
August 16th, 2022, 12:42
I purchased this weekend and keep getting these errors when I load.

superteddy57
August 16th, 2022, 13:29
I attempted to replicate with a fresh brand new campaign and it's not producing those errors.

ddavison
August 16th, 2022, 13:57
I purchased this weekend and keep getting these errors when I load.

Do you have any extensions or themes loaded?

brentimain
August 16th, 2022, 14:53
I have tried it with and without and get the same errors.

brentimain
August 16th, 2022, 14:55
I reported to smiteworks and they told me to talk with you.

superteddy57
August 16th, 2022, 15:19
I would suggest trying to delete the ruleset from your vault folder and running another update to download a fresh copy of the ruleset. You can navigate to your FG root folder by clicking on the folder icon on the dashboard. Then deleting the contents of your vault folder and running the update to do a new download of those files.

brentimain
August 17th, 2022, 12:37
The FG support team already had me do that and it didn't help.

superteddy57
August 17th, 2022, 14:20
I would then suggest deleting the CoreRPG ruleset in the ruleset folder and doing another download of that. I would suggest testing in a fresh new campaign with no extensions or theme's enabled. If that still doesn't fix the issue, then I am a bit at a loss as to what might be causing the issue. I have tested the LIVE version of the ruleset in a fresh campaign and I am not receiving the errors you are experiencing.

brentimain
August 17th, 2022, 15:17

Don't understand why. I deleted all the vault folder content.

superteddy57
August 17th, 2022, 16:08
Pushed a hotfix. See if this resolves the issue you are running into.

brentimain
August 17th, 2022, 19:34
I completely uninstalled FG and reinstalled. No error.

bawsr
August 25th, 2022, 01:59
New Players were making characters and one player got a little ambitious. He moved his energy weapons to 7 during creation screen. The only easy way I saw to fix this was for him to go back and recreate character.

The energy weapon skill is not modifiable. Please refer to picture.

superteddy57
August 25th, 2022, 04:43
Thanks for the report. I'll have a look at this after the rulesets have their lockdown lifted.

damned
August 25th, 2022, 07:35
Thanks for the report. I'll have a look at this after the rulesets have their lockdown lifted.

These damn rulesets are still getting hit hard by the 'rona.

superteddy57
August 25th, 2022, 08:13
New features incoming that require some testing and bug fixing might interfere with this process.

damned
August 26th, 2022, 02:38
New features incoming that require some testing and bug fixing might interfere with this process.

It was in reference to the "lockdown" as most might not know what you meant there :)

Shinmuriel
August 30th, 2022, 03:11
Can someone clarify buying and selling cost and how they work, I am wondering if the FGU plugin is correct when using the party sheet to sell items.

Currently the party sheet is giving 50% of an items listed COST when selling but in the core rulebook it says that the selling price is 25% of the items value/cost. Is the party sheet giving too many caps for items being sold?

damned
August 30th, 2022, 03:41
Its using the D&D or CoreRPG values :)

Shinmuriel
August 30th, 2022, 04:38
Your right, heh. I see now it needs to be set to 25% manually.

Another question about a possible error though... The mirelurk queen has 50 HP in the core rulebook but in FGU it has 12 HP. Just a heads up.

superteddy57
August 30th, 2022, 15:06
I will double check the pdf I received, but 12 HP doesn't sound right for the queen herself haha

ddavison
August 30th, 2022, 15:55
I will double check the pdf I received, but 12 HP doesn't sound right for the queen herself haha

Yes, it should be 50. I just came across this as well.

Mu77ley
September 18th, 2022, 13:15
Just spotted an error in the Mongrel Dog stats. According to the official PDF (p.343) they're supposed to be Body 6 and Mind 4, but in the module they're 5/5 the same as a normal Dog.

superteddy57
September 18th, 2022, 17:15
Thanks, I'll get that updated

bawsr
September 29th, 2022, 02:19
Dogmeat feat doesn't have the right version of a dog for a 1st level character (or any character for that matter) I would think there would be a 1st level dogmeat in the NPC's and then we could advance as character advances. I did have my PC correct it.

Also the Mr. handy has a 150 carrying capacity regardless of Strength. Would it be possible to set that to 150 depending on race?

superteddy57
September 29th, 2022, 04:04
I noticed Dogmeat was incorrect, but will have to see about the carrying capacity issue. The Origins are currently a bit bare bones and I have plans on expanding them to include the other features like regen with radiation damage for mutants and ghouls. I will push the Dogmeat fix when I am able to get a new update. I am currently cleaning up the ruleset from the latest round of updates for the combat tracker and what was associated with those changes.

Shinmuriel
October 4th, 2022, 01:03
This is more of an oversight than a bug, most likely, but it needs attention. None of the default helmets or head armor pieces have any "upgrade" mods, all they have is "material" mods listed. All head armor pieces should have the upgrade mods listed on page 136 of the (Updated) Core Rulebook. The mods under the heading "All Locations" can be applied to head pieces (lead lined, deep pocketed, etc).

Shinmuriel
October 4th, 2022, 21:59
Sturdy Synth Armor Right Leg in the items has the left leg location checked. This needs to be changed to the right leg.

Shinmuriel
October 7th, 2022, 21:53
A week ago I mentioned that weapons weren't adding Piercing effects correctly and it looks like it has been fixed so thanks for that, I just want to mention that it still doesn't take into account the Rifleman 2 perk with adds another level to piercing. So if you have a laser with Piercing 2 and 2 ranks in the Rifleman perk then the weapon should have a Piercing 3.

With the NPC's sheet you can manual write in (under the weapon qualities) "piercing 3" and it seems to show up in the chat box correctly but I haven't tested it to make sure.

Is it possible to just add the levels of Piercing directly to the drop down menu on the weapons sheet, so we can just select the appropriate level?

Chewie81
October 8th, 2022, 05:14
Have a number of issues to report

1) Med-x effect does not apply its effect to the character sheet and is not taken into consideration when damage is received. Only Armour is taken into account.
2) Toughness perk does not apply to the character in anyway (the +DR part, the perk name appears in the perk section of the character sheet), Tried making an effect to correct this in the meantime but this too did not work
3) The rifleman perk does not add the +1d6CD for each perk rank in addition to what @Shinmuriel mentioned (can be work around by manually making the adjustment) I tested this on the combat rifle

superteddy57
October 8th, 2022, 06:37
I will investigate the item issues reported. The consumable effects may not account for every thing automatically. Some are set up as helpful reminders, but may still need manual consideration. As for the perk related feedback, I have not coded any perk to be handled automatically. In a lot of cases these need to handled manually. The Rifleman perk does not add conflict die. The Toughness perk will not apply anything to the character. You can adjust the DR on the combat tab of the character sheet to increase any of the DR. You will have to adjust the character sheet manually to compensate. I currently have no solution to get perks to automate the character sheet and its something I have been investigating for down the road.

Chewie81
October 8th, 2022, 07:35
Hit location image and linked attacks are inconsistent, it will output as follows - [ATTACK (M)] Combat Rifle (vs. TN 10) [LOCATION: ] [AIMED] [SUCCESSES: 1] more often instead of the desired result [ATTACK (M)] Combat Rifle (vs. TN 10) [LOCATION: Head / Optics] [AIMED] [SUCCESSES: 1]

Also thanks for your fast reply :)

superteddy57
October 8th, 2022, 09:06
Can you see that it's happening with certain locations or it's all of them? Also, can you provide me with a step by step process you are performing to help in my replicating this?

superteddy57
October 8th, 2022, 09:22
I was able to replicate. I am including this in the clean up update for this ruleset for the latest Core updates that the ruleset needed.

Chewie81
October 9th, 2022, 00:49
Glad you replicated it. I will endeavour to add step to replicate in the future to reduce back and forth.

Thank you for what you have done thus far. :)

bawsr
October 12th, 2022, 22:15
in once upon a time in the wasteland Chapter 3 Act one Scene one.. By the campfire.. You have the first paragraph and bullets duplicated. There are about 8 duplicated lines. Not a major issue but just pointing it out so you can clean it up!

superteddy57
October 12th, 2022, 22:25
Thank you for the report. I'll pass this along to the developer.

ddavison
October 12th, 2022, 22:36
in once upon a time in the wasteland Chapter 3 Act one Scene one.. By the campfire.. You have the first paragraph and bullets duplicated. There are about 8 duplicated lines. Not a major issue but just pointing it out so you can clean it up!

I fixed this and queued it for the next Tuesday update.

Shinmuriel
October 17th, 2022, 02:42
When I create a new item the name keeps resetting back to "new item" when I try to lock it. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

superteddy57
October 17th, 2022, 06:27
I was able to verify. Missed a line when transferring old code to the new structure. Will test this a bit to be sure it's working correctly before making it available.

TopSecretPorkChop
October 18th, 2022, 06:46
Tried adding a custom weapon (shield) today and the name field keeps getting deleted when I click on another field. I was able to correctly add weapons in the recent past (~ 1 week ago). Is there something in a recent update that has broken it?

Steps to recreate: try to create a new Weapon of the Melee type with the Parry quality (it would be nice to be able to add new qualities even if they aren't fully automated). Enter a name in the Name field and click on another field.

Expected behaviour: the entry in the data remains and the item name in the item list updates.

Actual behaviour: the name reverts to <<New Item>> (or whatever it was previously)

esmdev
October 18th, 2022, 06:54
Tried adding a custom weapon (shield) today and the name field keeps getting deleted when I click on another field. I was able to correctly add weapons in the recent past (~ 1 week ago). Is there something in a recent update that has broken it?

Steps to recreate: try to create a new Weapon of the Melee type with the Parry quality (it would be nice to be able to add new qualities even if they aren't fully automated). Enter a name in the Name field and click on another field.

Expected behaviour: the entry in the data remains and the item name in the item list updates.

Actual behaviour: the name reverts to <<New Item>> (or whatever it was previously)

The problem appears to have been solved at the code level, check the two posts just above yours for more information.

Shinmuriel
October 18th, 2022, 23:44
After the recent updates to FGU my tokens are not appearing on the players maps. They appear on my end just fine (GM). Any suggestions?

superteddy57
October 19th, 2022, 02:20
This sounds like its related to a universal bug and would best to follow this thread to help get it resolved:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75533-All-tokens-invisible-to-players-following-update

Teridactyl
October 19th, 2022, 21:23
The problem is that I regularly select a theme. In this case I had to NOT select a theme. By choosing no theme, I automatically got the default one. Looks great BTW.

Holy cow, thank you!!! Thank you for posting this fix. I'm new to FGU and was choosing a theme because I figured that's what you had to do. This answer saved me a lot of frustration and yelling.

bawsr
October 20th, 2022, 15:27
a couple players had an issue. they are playing on laptops and have smaller screens. Since the new dice are bigger, they can't target the head on the Fallout Boy's paper doll. the dice block them. I couldn't move the paper doll even though there is an unlock option on it.

superteddy57
October 20th, 2022, 15:31
Both the dice panel and the widget panel are movable. Once you have unlocked either you can click and drag them where it's easier to access.

Shinmuriel
October 23rd, 2022, 21:01
Not sure if this is something universal or just the way it works, maybe, but when I have line of sight enabled and try to use a FX (clouds for example), the entire map just goes black.

superteddy57
October 23rd, 2022, 22:01
That's been reported recently as a Core bug. Not part of the ruleset.

bawsr
October 25th, 2022, 02:25
another thing I think that would be nice. Fortunately I caught it before I showed it to my players. The NPC's if they are synths should have the Synth resistances for GM only. It makes it easier for the players not to have to catch themselves metagaming :) I can give you exact NPC's but I was tryign to avoid spoiling.

superteddy57
October 25th, 2022, 05:24
Are you referring to the immunities?

Shinmuriel
October 25th, 2022, 05:49
For some reason I cannot change weapon damage on the NPC sheets. When I click on the damage and enter a number if changes the d20 (to hit) number and not the d6 (damage) number.

This was just working during my last game session, apparently with Fantasy Grounds its two steps forward and one step back, heh. Would be nice to get a fix for this.

Edit: Ok, just tried it again and now its not changing anything at all when I try to alter the damage dice for attacks. It seems to just ignore the input completely. This renders making new NPC's impossible, more or less.

Shinmuriel
October 25th, 2022, 15:44
Okay, I can drag a number into the damage slot from somewhere else. It's kinda ghetto but it works. Please take a look at it though, if at all possible.

Shinmuriel
October 25th, 2022, 16:12
Found another oversight. You don't have the magazine "Beware the Manhandler" entered correctly. It's an issue of "Live and Love" so if you go into Tables and bring up Random Issues of Live and Love and click on the Beware the Manhandler (13-14 on the table) the entry directly above it (Advice from a Married Man) comes up.

So basically Advice From a Married Man is entered twice and there is no entry (or perk that I can find) for Beware the Manhandler.

ddavison
October 25th, 2022, 16:15
Thanks Shinmuriel.

I also have to add that the magazine names are one of my favorite things from Fallout. We laugh every time my players find one.

RRFG
October 27th, 2022, 04:02
I noticed that the limb targeting on the paper doll's arms and legs are reversed. Is this intentional?

superteddy57
October 27th, 2022, 04:26
My apologies. I made it so that it was lining up with the view and not the anatomy. I'll push a fix for this with the weekly update.

Shinmuriel
November 2nd, 2022, 00:49
Just logged in to play and the skills are messed up on several of my characters, energy weapons was 5 before and now its 8, etc. The skills that got changed do NOT have arrows beside them now so we cannot fix them.

So I have to ask, what was it about the character sheet that just HAD to be changed? Lol.

Shinmuriel
November 2nd, 2022, 00:50
I see, the arrow disappears because the skill is higher than should be allowed. Maybe we can get this fixed soon? Thankies.

Shinmuriel
November 2nd, 2022, 00:51
Just please account for skills that may be higher than 6 seeing that some homebrew rules allow for higher skills (even though I don't use those rules and all of our skills were below 6 when this occurred).

Edit: Ok, yeah it added 2 skill points to several skills - had energy weapons 6 now its 8, had a science of 5 now its 7.

Shinmuriel
November 2nd, 2022, 01:22
Also, my players can no longer move NPC tokens, even when tokens are UNLOCKED. This is annoying because some of their pets are using NPC sheets rather than the ally sheet on their main character page. Why do we not use the ally sheet you ask? Because when I add the pet/ally token to the combat tracker it adds that players main character AGAIN rather than the ally.

Please address this also, please. -_-; Heh.

Edit: Ok, we got the ally added to the combat tracker correctly but the player to whom the ally belongs cannot move its token. Please check this out.

superteddy57
November 2nd, 2022, 01:37
Pushed a hotfix that will remove the gatekeeping on the edit buttons.

Shinmuriel
November 2nd, 2022, 03:09
Thank you! Eh, is there any way to make it so that players can control their own ally tokens, if possible?

Shinmuriel
November 2nd, 2022, 03:19
Eh, ok... I can lower my skills now and if I roll them from the main page its fine but there number is still too high on my weapon under the combat section. For example, I lowered my Energy Weapons from 8 back to 6 and I have a PER of 10 - so when I roll my energy weapons from my MAIN page its 16 TN but when I grab my d20 from my weapon under COMBAT its still 18. I tried unequiping and re-equiping the weapon and nothing changes.

Edit: Fixed the issue by unlocking the weapon and changing its "type" to something else then back to energy weapons.

bawsr
November 2nd, 2022, 04:49
all of my players characters are messed up. most of them are at the pick an origin status. I had loaded up after the first patch today to work on my campaign. Should I roll back to an earlier version of my campaign or???

Shinmuriel
November 2nd, 2022, 05:16
We just hit "complete" on the sheet to exit it. If your weapon attack d20 is off then read my above comment to fix it once you re-adjust any skills that are off.

bawsr
November 2nd, 2022, 14:51
my biggest worry is that most players don't know what their stats were :( In 5e, I have a habit of trying to backup characters before leveling up.

damned
November 2nd, 2022, 20:57
You can open an auto save file for your campaign. You will need to poke thru the xml but all the data should be there.

superteddy57
November 2nd, 2022, 21:05
I've tested the fixes with various older character sheets and only seen issues if the edit button retained the clicks previously issued during the report time frame. The update fixed an issue reported that the total on the character sheet was not updating correctly. The only other add is from the character creator adding 2 points for tag skills that may not have been factored through that process and you are now seeing that adjustment correcting that bug. As for the weapons, I did not see any issues with them through my testing and not sure what caused that to lock as it should update along with the attribute and skill total adjustments. The last report of the creator popping up was a bug reported elsewhere that a sheet was only loading the creator and not moving forward after completion. I had to adjust a check that would force load the main sheet. What you are seeing is that check going into effect. As Shinmuriel has pointed, you can just hit complete to skip that process and the sheet should be unchanged. Please report any further issues you are seeing and we'll get onto looking them over.

Shinmuriel
November 3rd, 2022, 05:39
Every time I try to change the value of an NPC's skills I get an error message. It's not letting me change any skills at all on the NPC sheet. I copied the Raider Psycho and changed it to Notable then tried to add 2 more skill points, thats when I started getting the error.

I'm not trying to be negative but I have to ask, what exactly happens from week to week to keep causing all of these different issues to pop up? I mean, over time bugs are supposed to get worked out and this makes running a campaign really frustrating. It is really great how fast things are addressed, however, it's been very impressive how quickly some of the fixes have been implemented.

What's the best way to safe guard my campaign? Can I roll FGU and the Fallout 2d20 plugin back to previous versions? I was thinking of backing up my campaign but if the program can't be rolled back I'm sure what the point would be.

Also, I have a log file I exported but I don't see anywhere to upload it.

superteddy57
November 3rd, 2022, 05:55
When presenting reports, it best to provide as much information as possible to help track down the issue. The issue you are experiencing I am not able to replicate with the steps you have provided. Can you provide what the error message said?

We fix bugs as they are reported and presented on a weekly basis. Recently there were quite a few reports of various things the Fallout ruleset was not doing. Those got resolved along with upgrades from the recent CoreRPG upgrades. CoreRPG is the base ruleset that majority if not all of the rulesets on the platform are created from. In some cases, things can cascade even with the most extensive testing of the fixes being provided. There is no way to rollback to a previous version, unless you have saved that version of the ruleset. As for your log file, if you are referring to when you click on compile logs, then in most cases it's created on your desktop.

Shinmuriel
November 3rd, 2022, 06:19
There was an update that fixed the issue I was having.

The shotgun on the Raider Psycho NPC is using Agility + Athletics and it should be using Small Guns, btw. Just noticed that.

superteddy57
November 3rd, 2022, 06:22
Thanks, I'll get the module updated with that change. Should be pushed with the weekly update.

Shinmuriel
November 7th, 2022, 23:52
Power Armor isn't raising characters STR to 11 when its equipped. This was working a week or so ago, not sure whats going on.

Shinmuriel
November 8th, 2022, 01:16
It seems something is happening with piercing also, I rolled 10dC6 physical piercing against a player in T-45 PA and it got 7 effects and did a total of 9 damage but when we checked his armor on his character sheet it did 14 wounds and destroyed the piece (max 14 HP on the torso).

Shinmuriel
November 8th, 2022, 01:30
When I drop damage dice onto the player wearing Power Armor I am getting an error message and its not actually hitting the player or doing any damage to his PA.

Shinmuriel
November 8th, 2022, 01:31
Am I getting paid to beta test? Heh.

Shinmuriel
November 8th, 2022, 02:12
Ok, when I remove the PA then try to adjust the characters STR it immediately drops from 11 down to the correct number 6, when I equip the PA his STR does NOT automatically go to 11 (as it did a few weeks ago) but when I go to adjust his STR manually it jumps from 6 to 11. Sorry for spam messages, I'm just trying to give as much information as possible.

superteddy57
November 8th, 2022, 03:01
Thanks for the reports. I am seeing there is a disconnect with my fixes and the recent changes. I will hopefully have a fix ready with the weekly updates.

Shinmuriel
November 8th, 2022, 05:17
Sell prices for a lot of the power armor pieces are way off, in the official errata it mentions columns being reversed. Each piece of PA should weigh in at over 130+ caps and its selling (at 25%) for like... 10 caps or something. Just letting you know.

P.S. You guys are great, we are really having a blast with Fallout 2d20.

Edit: Ok T-60 power armor is like 700 caps while X-01 cost is 100 and several pieces (I missed which ones) were set at 12 caps each. The power armor cost is way off, just a recommendation but even if you have to use your own common sense and not just go by the
"book" you should definitely regulate power armor cost and double check everything. Please.

superteddy57
November 8th, 2022, 17:15
It seems something is happening with piercing also, I rolled 10dC6 physical piercing against a player in T-45 PA and it got 7 effects and did a total of 9 damage but when we checked his armor on his character sheet it did 14 wounds and destroyed the piece (max 14 HP on the torso).

I'm still checking this over for the errors you reported and the strength adjustment, but I believe in this scenario since the damage exceeds 5 (which is a crit hit) it should follow the Ablative Resilience bullet in the armor frame section. This damages the piece and no longer provides protection. Can you make sure I'm interpreting this correctly?

superteddy57
November 8th, 2022, 19:15
I pushed fixes to the things I could find that was reported.

bawsr
November 10th, 2022, 22:16
If I click on any NPC abilities, I am getting this issue. No extensions loaded of course.

Giving script errors when I hit the science dice roll on the Brotherhood of steel elder (and click the dice). I think it is happening on most if not all NPC's for me.

superteddy57
November 10th, 2022, 22:27
Pushed a hotfix.

bawsr
November 10th, 2022, 22:33
thanks!

Shinmuriel
November 15th, 2022, 16:04
Ok, I just noticed my characters HP is is being doubled when they level. None of the characters have any feats that would affect HP. When they level its adding 2 HP and when I de-level them it removes just 1 HP (example: END 4 and LUCK 10 + 7 HP for being level 8 = 21 HP but I had 29... when I level to 9 it goes p to 31 but when I adjust the level and go back to 8 it removes just 1 HP).

I cannot fix this because you have HP locked... this is very annoying, please fix this so we can manually adjust HP.

Edit: I think I see what is happening, it is automatically giving 1 HP then adding another +1 HP under the "Level Up" modifier box in the "Editor" tab. Example: At level 8 with the stats mentioned above I should have 21 HP (END 4, LUCK 10, Level +7 HP) but I have 29 HP so FGU is figuring it this way: END 4, LUCK 10, Level 8 = 22 HP PLUS its adding another +7 HP under the editor tab "Level Up" box.

Shinmuriel
November 15th, 2022, 16:21
Something else maybe someone can look at. We have an NPC (On the ally character sheet) and its armor rating isn't working correctly on the legs (not sure if its happening on arms but its working on torso for sure).

superteddy57
November 15th, 2022, 16:45
Ok, I just noticed my characters HP is is being doubled when they level. None of the characters have any feats that would affect HP. When they level its adding 2 HP and when I de-level them it removes just 1 HP (example: END 4 and LUCK 10 + 7 HP for being level 8 = 21 HP but I had 29... when I level to 9 it goes p to 31 but when I adjust the level and go back to 8 it removes just 1 HP).

I cannot fix this because you have HP locked... this is very annoying, please fix this so we can manually adjust HP.

Edit: I think I see what is happening, it is automatically giving 1 HP then adding another +1 HP under the "Level Up" modifier box in the "Editor" tab. Example: At level 8 with the stats mentioned above I should have 21 HP (END 4, LUCK 10, Level +7 HP) but I have 29 HP so FGU is figuring it this way: END 4, LUCK 10, Level 8 = 22 HP PLUS its adding another +7 HP under the editor tab "Level Up" box.

All of HP Total is configurable. The parts that feed it are Endurance, Luck, HP Mod, and the HP Level up boxes. The issue I'm seeing is I'm also adding in the level, which the HP level up mod box should handle that. I'll get that sorted with the next weekly update.

superteddy57
November 15th, 2022, 17:21
Something else maybe someone can look at. We have an NPC (On the ally character sheet) and its armor rating isn't working correctly on the legs (not sure if its happening on arms but its working on torso for sure).

I was able to see that the code was not able to pull the damage reduction for arms and legs for allies. I will have this included with the HP Total fix.

Shinmuriel
November 15th, 2022, 17:32
"All of HP Total is configurable."

How do I configure HP? The way I see is using the Mod and Level Up boxes, I cannot change the HP box directly. I mean, you shouldn't have to add a negative modifier to a mod box just to normalize HP that is to high. I guess its a short-term fix maybe.

bawsr
November 16th, 2022, 06:46
Trying to build an NPC.. I am trying to setup attacks. I clicked a button and getting all kinds of messages. I was sort of hoping I could have dropped perks or even weapons on the the NPC sheet but that doesn't seem to be working. Is there any guidance of how to build the NPC's ? Putting picture with an arrow of where the arrow occurred at?

superteddy57
November 16th, 2022, 15:23
Dropping perks or items to the NPC should not populate the NPC record. NPC records are very simple due to the nature of the record. It's meant for quick entry to assist the GM in getting them setup and into the session. There are examples of NPCs provided in the core rulebook module and within the reference manual. The wiki also breaks down the NPC record as well and provides assistance. The error you presented looks like an error within the code when it's looking for additional text. I will present a fix once I can do some testing with the new code.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2055012355/Fallout+2d20+NPC+Sheet

superteddy57
November 16th, 2022, 15:41
Pushed a hotfix for the error you presented. Was due to the piercing you showed in the attack properties. The code was looking for additional text and was failing in the code due to missing text. This is common when damage effects have additional ranks. I didn't compensate in the code for just having a damage effect by itself. The code should not fire an error if you just place a damage effect by itself as you show in your image.

bawsr
November 16th, 2022, 16:32
thanks as always!

first skill I added was great.

Second skill I add doesn't seem to be working. Can't update number and when I click on 0 hexagon I get the error

picture added

Working building my new campaign and characters/npcs for it

superteddy57
November 16th, 2022, 17:44
I'm not seeing the d6 icon showing when the npc record is unlocked. It should show an empty number box to accept the change.

Here is what I see when I have an empty NPC record. Also ensure you have updated as I pushed a hotfix for this issue and unable to replicate with the information you showed in your image.

bawsr
November 16th, 2022, 19:23
I did update. I should have drawn an arrow :) For the NPC if I select a Character category rather than a creature I am getting the error. I updated earlier today let me check and see if there is another. just this extension was updated :) :"extensions\/AdvantagesCW.ext". I had the big fallout extension update earlier this morning. basically if I try to change the number stat on skill it blows up. Maybe you fixed creature and not characters NPC's also? Sorry I am bit and piecing this but just finding the errors as I am working through things :)

superteddy57
November 16th, 2022, 20:32
The issue appears to be with the skill not being able to be located as a look up for the attribute associated with it. I added a chat message when this is the case and the error shouldn't appear moving forward.

Malhavoc76
November 17th, 2022, 18:49
Motion-Assist Servos on Power Armor Chests does not change your STR to 13 or increase your carry weight.
Calibrated Shocks on Power Armor Legs does not increase your carry weight.
Suppressor mod missing from the 10mm Pistol.
When you rename a Backpack it stops working.
Strong Back Perk does not increase your carry weight.

superteddy57
November 17th, 2022, 20:20
As per our discussion in discord, I will check on motion-assist servos increasing strength. Carry weight modification is high on my list as many elements affect this. I will be looking at other missing mods from other items and will make note of the suppressor mod. Currently Backpacks need to be named as such to include the carry weight changes. It's part of the carry weight modification I have planned.

bawsr
November 18th, 2022, 02:37
I can't update the dice damage on an NPC on a Character form. I know you made an update to print into CHAT.

Attached is a couple of pictures. I just want to put dice into for the weapon damage of the NPC. I get that message in chat when I try to select it to update the weapon damage.

superteddy57
November 18th, 2022, 04:02
The die icon won't allow you to change the number. Try locking and then unlocking the sheet. It should show the number box to allow you to edit the damage. I will try and get it to show in the correct state when you first make the attack. Apologies as I thought I sorted this one.

superteddy57
November 18th, 2022, 04:07
I pushed a hotfix as I saw the icon was still set to be shown on load. Try updating and let me know if it's still not providing the number box.

bawsr
November 18th, 2022, 04:47
Appreciate the quick response. Just working on my Fallout campaign for my players and trying to get things together :)

The fix looks good. I also noticed after going in to test the lock and unlock fix that I could edit boxes by logging in and out. I spent a little too much time because I could see some of the NPC's I created working and others not. Thanks as always for quick response. Glad to help making the ruleset better.

bawsr
December 15th, 2022, 05:13
it doesn't look like the reroll is working correctly. I am adding a few pictures to explain better let me know if you need more words. I am wondering if the automatically deselects the target on a miss but that doesn't seem to make sense either.

superteddy57
December 15th, 2022, 08:20
I'm sorry, but can you explain why you think its not working properly and what you think you should be seeing?

bawsr
December 15th, 2022, 15:33
Sure, the first roll is a miss. Then he chooses reroll option. It comes up with a success hit as indicated in the chat. successes 2. Then the next message is attack :0 miss. The whole actions you are seeing is one initial roll and one reroll. It should shows 2 success but the next line is miss attack:0. it actually looks like it lost the .44 or 10mm attack weapon from there. I would have expected that the last line would be attack (c) .44 pistol at bloatfly 1 [Defense: 2] HIT I am unsure of what the attack:0 line is.

superteddy57
December 15th, 2022, 15:34
Thanks for the breakdown. It helps me understand what you are relaying. I will add this to my list to investigate.

superteddy57
December 17th, 2022, 18:02
I was able to find the issue and will present a fix with the weekly update if I am able.

bawsr
December 18th, 2022, 00:32
thanks as always!

Chewie81
December 24th, 2022, 10:16
Found a broken table - Random Beverages table there is no result for 14. (it sits between Beer and Bourbon).

superteddy57
December 24th, 2022, 11:44
I will make a note of that and look it over after my vacation.

JediScoundrel
December 25th, 2022, 05:28
Not sure if this has been reported, but there are two things.

1) It seems ammo is not stacking properly. Specifically we have a character with .38 Rounds in their inventory which are there from when the character was generated and using the Equipment packs. I added .38 rounds using the items list (Dragged and dropped the lightning bolt) to the party sheet and when dropping and dragging it from there to the character sheet it creates a new entry. 55528

2) I think this is less a bug and perhaps just an engine limitation but all the Equipment packs for tag skills are present except Small Guns (which is a very popular choice in most campaigns I imagine). For reference that tag skill gives the player a random amount of ammo for a gun they already possess (generally a pipe gun or 10mm).

superteddy57
December 25th, 2022, 05:31
I am currently on vacation and won't get to checking out the first one till I am back. As for the second, there is no way to tell which gun was chosen and will need to be handled manually.

JediScoundrel
December 25th, 2022, 05:44
No worries at all man! Enjoy your much deserved vacation! I just had to post before I forgot.

In case you haven't heard it lately you did a stellar job on the ruleset. I also watched your hour long interview going over character creation and it serves as a fine tutorial.

superteddy57
December 25th, 2022, 05:44
My pleasure! Hope it brings your group and you many hours of fun!

Urqy
January 6th, 2023, 19:10
New one, not game breaking--just a typo.
Baseball Grenade is listed as Close range with a weapon quality of Thrown(M).
I believe the range should be Medium, not close.

Edit: Actually, all of the grenades and the Molotov ****tail all have Close for range but have the Thrown(M) quality and should have a medium range.

superteddy57
January 6th, 2023, 19:30
Those I wasn't too sure on as technically the blast would affect anyone close, but has a range of medium when thrown. When I set them up I could see it being both ways.

Urqy
January 6th, 2023, 20:02
Oh, OK I can see that too!

ddavison
January 6th, 2023, 20:16
New one, not game breaking--just a typo.
Baseball Grenade is listed as Close range with a weapon quality of Thrown(M).
I believe the range should be Medium, not close.

Edit: Actually, all of the grenades and the Molotov ****tail all have Close for range but have the Thrown(M) quality and should have a medium range.

It depends on who is throwing it. They can only throw one... ever. :)

Urqy
January 6th, 2023, 23:51
It depends on who is throwing it. They can only throw one... ever. :)

I see you've met my group!

superteddy57
January 9th, 2023, 08:18
Not sure if this has been reported, but there are two things.

1) It seems ammo is not stacking properly. Specifically we have a character with .38 Rounds in their inventory which are there from when the character was generated and using the Equipment packs. I added .38 rounds using the items list (Dragged and dropped the lightning bolt) to the party sheet and when dropping and dragging it from there to the character sheet it creates a new entry. 55528

2) I think this is less a bug and perhaps just an engine limitation but all the Equipment packs for tag skills are present except Small Guns (which is a very popular choice in most campaigns I imagine). For reference that tag skill gives the player a random amount of ammo for a gun they already possess (generally a pipe gun or 10mm).

I tested this with the .38 Round from the sidebar and wasn't able to replicate this issue. Does the add always create a new entry or does it filter into the one that is created? I'm thinking something might be different between those two records and that will need manual handling.

superteddy57
January 9th, 2023, 08:24
Found a broken table - Random Beverages table there is no result for 14. (it sits between Beer and Bourbon).

I will push a fix with the next weekly update.

JediScoundrel
January 9th, 2023, 22:24
I tested this with the .38 Round from the sidebar and wasn't able to replicate this issue. Does the add always create a new entry or does it filter into the one that is created? I'm thinking something might be different between those two records and that will need manual handling.

It seems to only be occurring when taking the ammo from the party sheet loot tab to the character sheet.

JediScoundrel
January 9th, 2023, 22:25
I also found another thing where skill points is not calculating properly. No matter what a character's intelligence, it always shows 14 available points.

superteddy57
January 9th, 2023, 22:58
Thank you, I'll make a note of it.

Urqy
January 12th, 2023, 06:48
It seems to only be occurring when taking the ammo from the party sheet loot tab to the character sheet.

I had the same issue tonight. We were playing the Once upon a Time in the Wasteland adventure, the 1B Raiders encounter. (Chapter Two, Act one, Scene Two.) I rolled on the "Table: Vault Raider Loot" found in the "After the Battle" Section of the reference document. This generated a few caps and some .38 rounds. I dropped the parcel into the "Parcel Items" section of the Party Sheet, assigned a party member to receive them and then distributed the loot. This created a second listing of .38 ammo in the Inventory of the character that received them. In the "Party Inventory" section of the Loot tab of the Party Sheet, it did show the correct total number of rounds in the character's possession, however.

Hope that helps.

superteddy57
January 12th, 2023, 07:28
Thank you for the report. My question was that if more .38 ammo was added to that same character does it continue to increase that newly created entry or create a third entry.

Chewie81
January 12th, 2023, 08:35
When adding a third trait to a character sheet, the link button is unclickable as it sits behind the edit button and the trait window cannot be resized to account for it. See attached for an example of what I see.

Urqy
January 12th, 2023, 15:01
Thank you for the report. My question was that if more .38 ammo was added to that same character does it continue to increase that newly created entry or create a third entry.

A second and third parcel created from that table increased the newly created entry. It did not create a third or fourth entry.

superteddy57
January 12th, 2023, 17:28
Thank you for the information.

Shinmuriel
January 13th, 2023, 03:23
Two things:

1. The Laser Gun is supposed to be Close Quarters and does not have the Two-Handed weapon quality but when I remove the stock from the Laser Rifle it does not convert to a Laser Gun correctly.

2. I noticed that Power Armor is completely absorbing the first hit to any location, no matter how much damage is dealt. I was under the impression that damage that overflows beyond what the PA could take went on to your Hit Points. Maybe I am wrong?

bawsr
January 19th, 2023, 05:19
The random animal encounters table seems to be a little out of sorts in gamemasters toolkit. the 20 doesn't look right.

picture attached.

The reroll button on ranged weapons is causing errors on player's side. I haven't been able to duplicate even when I login but it seems to fail frequently for them especially with ranged weapons. I figured I would mention it. I let all my players logoff I thought I could duplicate it but I couldn't. The dice was rolling but not showing results and they were getting a popupbox. The dice showed for a minute in the chatbox but then disappeared. I will try and gather information from players when they are available. Just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone else was having the issue.

UltimateGM
January 26th, 2023, 00:10
Am I missing something or is the small guns (tag) pack missing under Equipment packs?

superteddy57
January 26th, 2023, 01:52
The random animal encounters table seems to be a little out of sorts in gamemasters toolkit. the 20 doesn't look right.

picture attached.

The reroll button on ranged weapons is causing errors on player's side. I haven't been able to duplicate even when I login but it seems to fail frequently for them especially with ranged weapons. I figured I would mention it. I let all my players logoff I thought I could duplicate it but I couldn't. The dice was rolling but not showing results and they were getting a popupbox. The dice showed for a minute in the chatbox but then disappeared. I will try and gather information from players when they are available. Just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone else was having the issue.

Thanks, sorry for the delay in response. I'll look into this and see if I can replicate it.

Am I missing something or is the small guns (tag) pack missing under Equipment packs?

If it's the pack that contains the ammo choice of a gun you currently have, then yes, it was omitted as the player can just drag and drop or increase the ammo in question on their sheet.

bawsr
January 26th, 2023, 04:53
I managed to capture some screen shots during tonights game. I got a capture of the rolls and the player captured the log. We played a long time and only saw the error once. last week we saw multiple times.

superteddy57
January 26th, 2023, 05:11
Those are warnings, not errors and can be ignored. They won't affect your game play. I'll see if I can limit them as they appear to be related to my anchoring I chose for the controls.

sedgetone
February 18th, 2023, 17:15
Fallout Gamesmaster Toolkit - The Dead Meat table

Seems to be lacking dice values on the table.

superteddy57
February 18th, 2023, 17:49
Thanks for the report. I'll inform the developer.

Urqy
March 2nd, 2023, 16:03
Potential new bug: Barbarian perk available too soon. While playing last night, one of the players using the Tallman pre-generated character leveled from 2 to 3 and the Barbarian Perk was available to choose. The pre-reqs for it say it shouldn't be available until level 4.

superteddy57
March 2nd, 2023, 17:03
The requirements might not parse correctly and may require some policing to ensure the perk is eligible for your campaign and fits the requirements. It's on my list to find a better solution than one implemented.

Mytherus
March 5th, 2023, 03:00
First, great work on the FGU ruleset for this game. I'm pouring over the hard copy rule book trying to learn the game as I really want to offer it to my players in the next couple months. Any documentation on how you USE the FGU ruleset though? I'm talking like a step by step --- "this is how you do combat in the FGU ruleset, this is how AP works (as well as how its tracked) for both GM and player, etc."?

Everything makes good sense that I read in the book but part two is interrupting how to apply the core rules to the FGU version of the game.

bawsr
March 10th, 2023, 00:34
We had some confusion playing last night. Player said scrounger gave +3d6. I said no it is 3cd. I had to go and dig out my rule book. Fantasy ground shows in perks a number of times d6 rather than cd (combat die) I think it would be nice if the rules/perk called them CD rather than 1d6.

superteddy57
March 10th, 2023, 01:31
I will look the text over, but to clarify it's #dC6

bawsr
March 10th, 2023, 17:16
Thanks. I saw that in a number of Perks.

bawsr
March 17th, 2023, 20:44
The weapon attacks reroll seem to be not causing the errors but the players were saying that the SKill reroll and damage reroll encountered the pop up screens with lots of warnings. I can provide a sample if you need it.

superteddy57
March 17th, 2023, 22:07
Yes, I will need to see the warnings. Most can be ignored, but would like to see what they are seeing.

bawsr
March 23rd, 2023, 21:03
Looks like the weapons were fixed but the skill rerolls are still having issues.

Also, I saw something very weird. I put a molerat on the combat tracker. I went it in and changed it hits points (making it mighty :) ) basically doubling hit points. The combat tracker reflected the hit points but when the PC's did 6 points to it died. it showed 12 points done to it and they certainly hadn't done that much. if you need some screen shots or not let me know.

superteddy57
March 23rd, 2023, 22:43
When providing a report or feedback, please provide as much information as possible. Screen shots and logs are a huge help in tracking down errors. I pushed a hotfix for the issues you have reported. Please update and see if the issue has been resolved. You may need to set up the NPCs in the combat tracker again for the fix to take effect for the hp changing issue.

Urqy
April 5th, 2023, 01:34
This is not a game breaking bug, but it gets annoying pretty quickly. This occurs in the inventory tab for pieces of equipment that are not weapons or apparel. When you cycle through the Carried/Equipped options and go from "Carried" to "Not Carried" you have to pass through "Equipped." When you do, Error messages pop up (attached picture).

After an encounter when the party heads back to a town where they have a home base, they usually unload anything they don't want to carry immediately by switching from "Carried" to "Not Carried" and then typing "Safehouse stash" or something in the location column. As the party does this, dozens of error messages continually pop up on everyone's screens.

Is there a way to switch non-weapon and non-apparel items from Carried to Not Carried without going through Equipped?

superteddy57
April 5th, 2023, 04:10
The error at the bottom is a bug and needs to be looked into.

superteddy57
April 5th, 2023, 04:46
Pushed a hotfix for the issue reported.

Urqy
April 5th, 2023, 07:16
Thanks! That works perfectly.

bawsr
April 13th, 2023, 04:28
Took me a while to figure out what was going on. It looks like when a Feral ghoul attack for examples rolls radiation damage. it doesn't seem to calculate it correctly from what I am seeing. It is a little bit confusing as to what is happening. Ghouls and Super mutants are still taking rad damage also which they are immune to that may be causing a lot of the confusion. I put a screen shot and it shows damage of 5. The super mutant shouldn't have taken the rad damage.

Also is there a way to set the Adamantium Skeleton to determine how many points causes a critical? A modifiable stat?

superteddy57
April 13th, 2023, 06:14
Haven't implemented a solution for origin's to have innate immunity and the special case of ghouls and super mutants. It's on my list along with adding an effect to adjust the crit range for damage. You can place an effect on the character's combat tracker entry that would make it immune to radiation damage to help at this time till I am able to tackle those additions.

Chewie81
April 14th, 2023, 05:31
Updating a NPC sheet that is linked to a character sheet in the Allies section does not update the Target NUmbers correctly

IN this IMage you can see that the body equals 8 and the Melee equals 3

In this Image you can see that the the attack is set to use body and Melee, however it gives a result of 8 instead of 11

superteddy57
April 14th, 2023, 05:37
Pushed a hotfix due to an error popping up when attempting to change the ally attributes or stats.

Chewie81
April 14th, 2023, 05:39
My players gets errors when opening NPC sheets from the NPC menu that I have made public, see attached for the error. I however do not get the error.

superteddy57
April 14th, 2023, 05:43
Pushed another hotfix as was able to locate the issue with NPC records for a player accessing the record.

mathgod
May 9th, 2023, 03:35
Greetings!

I've noticed that, when a character has radiation resistance that is higher than the amount of rad damage coming in, it actually heals the rads.

Example: Player starts with 2 rad damage, and is wearing a Vault Suit (Rad DR2). If I attack with a feral ghoul and it does 1 point of radiation, the players total rads will actually decrease from 2 to 1. Is this something I can fix locally, or will it require backend adjustments?

superteddy57
May 9th, 2023, 16:30
MOD: Moved to Bug Report thread

I will have a look at this issue, but may not be ready for the weekly update.

superteddy57
June 5th, 2023, 17:19
Greetings!

I've noticed that, when a character has radiation resistance that is higher than the amount of rad damage coming in, it actually heals the rads.

Example: Player starts with 2 rad damage, and is wearing a Vault Suit (Rad DR2). If I attack with a feral ghoul and it does 1 point of radiation, the players total rads will actually decrease from 2 to 1. Is this something I can fix locally, or will it require backend adjustments?

I have found the issue, but currently the ruleset is in lockdown and may take some time for this fix to go LIVE.

ddavison
July 6th, 2023, 15:54
Fallout Gamesmaster Toolkit - The Dead Meat table

Seems to be lacking dice values on the table.

Sorry for the delay. I have pushed a fix for this. I think it was as intended in the original version because there was no actual random table in the source material. It just gave a list of available options for the GM to choose. I added a random target for a 1d10 roll, however, for GM's who want to randomize the result.

DeadT0AD
July 29th, 2023, 16:25
Hello, I noticed that when wearing a character is wearing both the vault jumpsuit and the vault-tec security armor, which each provide 2 Rad damage resistance, the Rad Damage Reduction on the Combat page of the character sheet is 4, but it should be 2 because "Armor can be worn over clothing; for each location, use the highest of the damage resistance ratings of the clothing and any armor worn." (pg 122).

That said, I ran my first game of Fallout on Fantasy Grounds last night (having run it IRL multiple times) and I think overall this is just fantastic.

superteddy57
July 30th, 2023, 02:39
Thanks for the report. I'll look into that as I may have not considered that rule.

superteddy57
July 31st, 2023, 20:02
Pushed an update that should help resolve what was reported.

Urqy
September 1st, 2023, 01:32
The latest update changed the font color of the standard Fallout skin for image/asset/NPC/etc boxes so that it is black on a dark brown background.

Moon Wizard
September 1st, 2023, 04:43
I'll get that updated for the next theme hot fix update, probably tomorrow.

Regards,
JPG

Urqy
September 1st, 2023, 05:36
I'll get that updated for the next theme hot fix update, probably tomorrow.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks!

Urqy
October 27th, 2023, 05:49
I think we found another one tonight. In this case it was modding the Combat Armor Chest Piece. The base weight for the Combat armor is 8. When adding a Reinforced mod to the armor, the weight should change to 9. Instead, it jumps to 23. The price should also increase by 15 Caps when you add that mod but it only went up 1 and so we think the cost is being added to the weight and the weight is being added to the cost.

e.g.: Combat armor chest piece weight is 8 and the cost is 60. When adding the reinforced material mod, it should add 1 to the weight and 15 to the cost. (Combat Armor Chest Piece with Reinforced Mod becomes weight 9 and cost 75).
What we are getting is Combat Armor Chest Piece with Reinforced Mod becomes weight 23 and cost 61.

27 OCT edit: Because the piece we are looking at (Combat Armor Chest Piece) is for the Torso, the weight and cost should actually be doubled. The weight should increase by 2 and the cost by 30.

superteddy57
October 27th, 2023, 20:50
A fix was pushed. The mods still had errata previous data and were not updated with the correct cost and weight.

Urqy
October 28th, 2023, 17:20
A fix was pushed. The mods still had errata previous data and were not updated with the correct cost and weight.

Thanks very much for addressing this that quickly!

I've updated but I am still getting the wrong weight and cost. I did some more digging to try and find out why. Here's what I have found.

In the first image, I opened the Combat Armor Chest Piece from the character sheet. I then switched to mods and opened the "Reinforced Material" Mod. The entries for Weight and Cost are reversed. Cost should be +15 and weight should be +1.

In the second image, I opened the Item Mods section of the Fallout 2d20 ruleset to the "Combat Armor Reinforced Material" mod. The weight and cost are correct there. The name of this mod is slightly different (quotation marks) from the mod actually found on the Combat Armor pieces.

I checked all of the material mods (Reinforced, Fiberglass, Polymer and Shadowed) for all of the combat armor pieces (Helmet, Torso, Legs and Arms) and they are all using a mod different from the one listed in the Item Mods section of the Fallout 2d20 ruleset, and the mods have the weight and cost entries switched as in the first picture.

This only seems to affect the Combat Armor and Heavy Combat Armor pieces as the other armors I have checked seem to have the correct material mods attached.

As a temporary fix, once the armor piece is added to the character sheet, we are able to go in and change the values on the material mods. Any new piece we add at a later date will have the wrong values, however, until we update them as well.

superteddy57
October 28th, 2023, 19:55
The item would have to be remade. The original data was incorrect. So that is expected to have the cost and weight reversed as that was the original issue. If the update went through, reverting the module would have updated the reinforced mod with the correct data. Then the item could be remade with the new mod and should show the correct totals

Urqy
October 28th, 2023, 20:30
Ah, I understand now. Thanks!