PDA

View Full Version : Official Fallout 2d20 Bug Report Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Conspiracy
October 30th, 2023, 10:41
All the NPC's load with no HP's. Is this normal?

superteddy57
October 30th, 2023, 11:27
No, it's not normal. The XML shows the HP being there for the NPCs, but they are not populating. I will need to see what might be causing this on a deeper level.

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2023, 16:38
EDIT: Apologies, saw that a more recent set of files than I had updated locally was causing the issue. I've reverted those changes, and pushed a new build. @superteddy57 will need to review what other fixes may need to be re-applied.

Regards,
JPG

superteddy57
October 30th, 2023, 18:12
Pushed fix to LIVE

Urqy
December 22nd, 2023, 00:26
I seem to have lost all the images from the core rule book. Local images I have added are still there as are images from the Orange Coloured Sky module. Any ideas? (No extensions loaded).

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2023, 01:31
Can you open the Library->Modules window; then right click on each of those modules and select the Revert option? This should reset to the default data. I know that several modules have been updated to use smaller WEBP file formats.

JPG

Urqy
December 22nd, 2023, 01:40
Can you open the Library->Modules window; then right click on each of those modules and select the Revert option? This should reset to the default data. I know that several modules have been updated to use smaller WEBP file formats.

JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard. I've tried reverting the module, but I still don't have images from the core rule book. I restarted FGU again, just to be sure.

Is there a folder I should try deleting and force an update?

superteddy57
December 22nd, 2023, 02:07
I have verified this, I'll reach out to Moon and see if I can get it resolved.

Urqy
December 22nd, 2023, 02:07
Thanks very much!

superteddy57
December 22nd, 2023, 06:21
Pushed LIVE, please update and verify if the issue has been resolved.

Urqy
December 22nd, 2023, 15:37
Pushed LIVE, please update and verify if the issue has been resolved.

It is resolved, I can see the images again. Thanks!

DeadT0AD
February 3rd, 2024, 18:15
Hey, I noticed that the XP is being divided among the party rather than the each party member getting the full amount, as it was previously. I think the rules as written are for each player to get the full value of the encounter XP rather than dividing it, though I also think it's a good option as a lot of GMs house rule that.

superteddy57
February 3rd, 2024, 18:28
The core based functions changed with with one of the latest updates. I will need to look this over and update it to it's proper way.

jrock1
February 3rd, 2024, 21:14
All XP is divided evenly by the number of PCs in the party, which is correct.

superteddy57
February 3rd, 2024, 22:47
Thanks, I'll double check the rules to be sure. Too many systems to keep straight at times lol

superteddy57
February 5th, 2024, 20:59
Pushed fix for XP being divided among party. The core rulebook states each member gets full XP that is acquired.

Laerun
February 16th, 2024, 17:14
Console error when accidently clicking on the notes button on the tables frame.
(attached)
Image and Log attacked for reference. No extensions loaded. Vanilla content and modules.

superteddy57
February 16th, 2024, 17:19
Leave that Image and Log alone! It doesn't need to be attacked!

superteddy57
February 16th, 2024, 17:21
I tested this on TEST and didn't seem to run into any issues.

The_Great_DM
March 9th, 2024, 02:37
Since the new update 4.5 When anyone GM or player makes an item. The name always clears to nothing when you close the item window or hit the lock on it.

superteddy57
March 9th, 2024, 03:44
Since the new update 4.5 When anyone GM or player makes an item. The name always clears to nothing when you close the item window or hit the lock on it.

I found an issue when mods were selected. I was not able to see it show empty when I closed it and opened it again. It may have been resolved with the fix to the error I found. Can you update and relay if it has been resolved on your end? If it still is happening, please provide exact steps to replicate for me.

The_Great_DM
March 9th, 2024, 04:02
I found an issue when mods were selected. I was not able to see it show empty when I closed it and opened it again. It may have been resolved with the fix to the error I found. Can you update and relay if it has been resolved on your end? If it still is happening, please provide exact steps to replicate for me.

60075 60076

Had everyone close the session. hit check for updates and relaunch. No Mods are installed. The GM modules installed attached (we unloaded the 4e one after the photo was taken)

Went to inventory tab on a character. Hit add item, made one with just the name test and when hitting lock it clears the name. Also the version attached in the pictures where it's just a random big gun weapon.

It remembers where it should go in the inventory tab based on the name but the name itself isn't visible.

The Gm also tried to make an item using the item tab (on the far right) and that had the same problem.

The_Great_DM
March 9th, 2024, 04:15
Oh, while trying other things. If you change the name of an item in our game and hit lock, It reverts to what it started as.

And one of the other players noticed that if you add a mod (official like barbed baseball bat) or fake one like Modder to the fake item. It remembers to stay with the modded name.

superteddy57
March 9th, 2024, 04:44
Ah, so it's when it's attached to the charsheet. Ok. Let me look it over.

Dewguru
March 20th, 2024, 05:15
A couple of issues that we're hoping are easy to address.

1 - Backpacks do not impact the carry weight like they indicate.
2 - When someone wearing armor uses drugs that apply additional DR, even with the effect clearly showing in the combat tracker, damage ignores the additional DR value instead of stacking them like it should. So armor with a DR 5 and Psycho with DR 3 should be preventing 8 points.

We update our clients at the start of every session, so it should be updated as of this post.

Urqy
March 20th, 2024, 06:09
A couple of issues that we're hoping are easy to address.

1 - Backpacks do not impact the carry weight like they indicate.

For the backpack as a temporary work around, we've been computing how much weight the backpack should increase the threshold and changing the weight of the backpack to be a negative of that number. For example, the small back pack adds 5 x STR to the encumbrance threshold. If a character with a 6 Strength equips the back pack, we go into his inventory, unlock the backpack and make the weight -30. This doesn't give you the exact weight you are carrying, but it does tell you where your current weight is in relation to your encumbrance and how much more junk you can carry.

superteddy57
March 20th, 2024, 09:00
Found solutions for both and will be available with next ruleset update

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2024, 21:10
This is now Live. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

banesorka
March 25th, 2024, 16:47
Hi, one of my players has modded their shotgun with an automatic receiver, this when I noticed that a weapon that has two qualities does not get both qualities listed in the chat window after the damage dice are rolled. For instance, when this same player uses their assault rifle, and rolls effects, they get an extra line that shows how many more targets they can hit with burst, but when they roll the damage for their modded shotgun, they only get the extra line for spread, when I would expect they should get spread and burst since it is listed in the damage result. An easy way to replicate this is to just pull up the Super Mutant brute, and roll several damage dice with his mini gun as it also has spread and burst. Screenshot attached. 60349

superteddy57
March 25th, 2024, 17:20
Found issue and pushed in for review. Will be part of next ruleset update.

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2024, 18:50
This change is now available. Please run a new Check for Updates to get it.

Regards,
JPG

banesorka
March 27th, 2024, 10:02
Found issue and pushed in for review. Will be part of next ruleset update.

This change is now available. Please run a new Check for Updates to get it.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks!

Daovala
March 28th, 2024, 04:47
Having similar issues involving Desynced inventory, items names, amounts and weight not copying when adding item to connected players inventories. Players see blank entries when copying from item listing but works on GM side. moving items from party loot works on player side but blank on GM side. Item descriptions seems to copy which is only method to see what's what. This extends to drag and drop and party sheets loot distribute button.

Also, issues only occur on sheets of connected players, if they disconnect everything works as expected to what I've experienced so far.

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2024, 20:27
I just pushed an application quick fix to resolve the desync issue. Can you please run a new Check for Updates, and try again?

Thanks,
JPG

Daovala
March 29th, 2024, 07:28
Everything looks like it's working so far, only had one player connected instead of the 5 we would usually. DM or player moving items between party and inventory or item list and inventory seems to correctly copy on both Host/GM and player/client sides now. Thanks for the quick work.

banesorka
April 8th, 2024, 14:45
Found missing upgrades for armor.
Laminated, Resin and Microcarbon should be available for all Armor except for Vault-Tec Security Armor. Pg 136. I did see that the Synth Armor special materials are there which have the same names, but none of the regular armors have these available as upgrades.

superteddy57
April 8th, 2024, 17:12
They have been replaced with Lighter Build, Pocketed and Deep Pocketed based off the errata from April 8th 2021.

banesorka
April 8th, 2024, 17:28
They have been replaced with Lighter Build, Pocketed and Deep Pocketed based off the errata from April 8th 2021.

Ah, understood!

Chewie81
April 23rd, 2024, 07:31
Allied NPC inventory no longer works and I get the following error.

Previously I could select the Pack Brahmin and go to its inventory tab and store stuff there. When the Bug appeared a few weeks back it wiped the inventories completely and now no longer works.

Immelmann
April 23rd, 2024, 14:50
the Bow weapon type is not working correctly. a player with 10 AGI and athletics 3 is getting a target number of 9. should be 13. increasing athletics does NOT change the TN. so the Bow weapon type is NOT looking at the athletics skill when calculating the TN.

1. found if you go to character sheet, weapon tab, weapon section, and change the Bow to "Thrown" it sets the correct TN in the die next to it. the weapon is technically Ranged.

2. i have created dozens of weapons, and they all work, but these Bows................sigh

getting the following error when attempting to shoot the bow at a target...

3. removed recoil from weapon quality. fired weapon at target and successfully hit, but still got an error code, or some thing, in the chat box. see pic.

4. yup, some thing is broken with recoil. bumpersword has the same issue. must remove recoil weapon quality.

superteddy57
April 23rd, 2024, 15:56
Pushed fixes for both reports.

Octavious
April 23rd, 2024, 16:40
Hi , I have noticed when I add any of the "supplied" fonts (Core RPG- Large fonts or source sans pro) to be applied to the fallout theme ( Not activating any other themes ) all the story texts is black and not the normal green . so reading is hard ,, I like to use the large font as im older and its hard to see the smaller text ..

superteddy57
April 23rd, 2024, 16:48
Then the extension would have to be adjusted to have green text as the font changes to the font characters and color set with in the extension.

nasman
May 3rd, 2024, 23:36
Hello! Just wondering if there was an active bug list or "on deck" feature list being worked. Mainly so I see what is already been talked about (without having to search this large thread all the time). Is there a bug tracker site?
Thanks!

superteddy57
May 4th, 2024, 00:21
No, there is no tracker site. This is basically it for the Fallout ruleset.

bawsr
May 9th, 2024, 04:37
I spent a few minutes trying to add a custom weapon mod to a read only weapon and kept getting errors popping up. It did take a few minutes to figure out why, but all of these errors probably aren't the best option :)

superteddy57
May 9th, 2024, 04:44
When you say readonly, are you saying it was locked and on the character sheet or from a module without being copied?

bawsr
May 9th, 2024, 05:44
It was still in the item list it was locked and associated with a module. Laser gun is what I grabbed. I fixed it by copying the item by unlocking it and then was able to add a mod. I was busy running a game. Wanted to make a special laser gun while talking. Didn't pay close attention to what I was doing will dming :)

superteddy57
May 9th, 2024, 05:55
Ok, yeah just wanted to be sure. I'll have to expand the drop rules to exclude drops to red locked records as it would be required to add them to campaign records. I'm currently updating the ruleset for new modules and add it to my list to ensure that is not possible. For not, please don't drop them to module records.

NottaNinja
May 17th, 2024, 23:51
The new weapon types from The Wander's Guide are not showing up in the ruleset even after running an update. Did I misinterpret that they were added from another thread?

superteddy57
May 18th, 2024, 02:34
The only one I saw that was new was Bows. What new ones are missing?

NottaNinja
May 18th, 2024, 02:59
The only one I saw that was new was Bows. What new ones are missing?

I can't even get bows to show up.

superteddy57
May 18th, 2024, 05:11
What is the date on you ruleset? It shows up when you first enter your campaign in the chat. Here is what I am seeing with the version I'm currently on.

NottaNinja
May 18th, 2024, 12:31
What is the date on you ruleset? It shows up when you first enter your campaign in the chat. Here is what I am seeing with the version I'm currently on.

It says 2024-05-01. I have run the FGU updater before every log-in. Is there a different way to update the toolset?

NottaNinja
May 18th, 2024, 12:49

I deleted the file and forced an update it is showing now. Thank you for your help. Can't wait to see even more new stuff added!

Pathicc
May 25th, 2024, 13:46
I think I'm found a bug with power armors:

my guy enclave soldier had broken arm and 11 damage on himself. Then I broke fully torso and 3 dmg pass true, and now he have oly 3 damage on his normal hp no 14

When special abilities tab is not open, sometimes damage goes to normal hp with negative value. I attacked for 11 dmg in hand, he had 5 armor, so 6 damage left. And he had 10 hp on hand. When I opened special abilities tab, he had broken arm (critical sure) and -4 hp on his own hp

superteddy57
May 25th, 2024, 14:06
Thanks for the report. I am currently updating the ruleset and will keep an eye out for this.

Immelmann
May 28th, 2024, 12:29
need to add Energy / Radiation Damage Type as an option when creating creature / character.
needed for Alien Blaster

Immelmann
May 28th, 2024, 13:43
when creating custom Weapon Mod, there is Change Damage Type text, but no box, or any thing, to change the damage type.

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2024, 14:14
when creating custom Weapon Mod, there is Change Damage Type text, but no box, or any thing, to change the damage type.

If you click below the modify box you can cycle through the damage types.

Pathicc
June 5th, 2024, 21:00
When you reroll damage dealt to creature it adds reroled full damage once again

superteddy57
June 6th, 2024, 05:23
I believe Fallout required the GM to revert before allowing the reroll. I'm currently updating the ruleset for future supplements and will add it to my list to investigate.

Pathicc
June 6th, 2024, 09:19
I believe Fallout required the GM to revert before allowing the reroll. I'm currently updating the ruleset for future supplements and will add it to my list to investigate.

Okey. I don't want to bother you too much, in my opinion you do a big job taking care of the updates. Is there a fairly easy way to reverse damage? Do you have to manually fix hp, critical and effects? Is there a button or something for that?

superteddy57
June 6th, 2024, 14:56
No, it would be manual all the way through. I have it on my list to look into.

superteddy57
June 8th, 2024, 02:11
Okey. I don't want to bother you too much, in my opinion you do a big job taking care of the updates. Is there a fairly easy way to reverse damage? Do you have to manually fix hp, critical and effects? Is there a button or something for that?

I looked this over and it was intended that way from the start. I unfortunately won't have a solution for this and have it on my list to explore further. This will require manual fixing my the DM prior to the reroll.