PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Update?

b1ackn0va
April 24th, 2022, 20:38
So last week i updated fantasy grounds unity (ultimate edition) to 4.2.0 and since none of my players (using free) have been able to connect they have had various updates but nothing taking them beyond 4.1.17 and they are still in compatable. i have scoured the forums and internet posts about FG 4.2 but cannot find anything the official release notes say the most recent update is still only 4.1.17. is there a way to fix this or make it to my players can join my game so we can continue playing?

Posted in the wrong thread appologies.

Zarestia
April 24th, 2022, 20:47
So last week i updated fantasy grounds unity (ultimate edition) to 4.2.0 and since none of my players (using free) have been able to connect they have had various updates but nothing taking them beyond 4.1.17 and they are still in compatable. i have scoured the forums and internet posts about FG 4.2 but cannot find anything the official release notes say the most recent update is still only 4.1.17. is there a way to fix this or make it to my players can join my game so we can continue playing?

Posted in the wrong thread appologies.

I don't know of any 4.2 update, not even TEST.

Please check under Settings -> Advanced -> Build Channel what channel you're on.
You can also post a screenshot of your FGU starter screen.

GunnarGreybeard
April 24th, 2022, 20:48
4.1.17 is the current FGU release (the Updater iirc, is 4.1.1). Where are you seeing FG 4.2?

b1ackn0va
April 24th, 2022, 20:55
I don't know of any 4.2 update, not even TEST.

Please check under Settings -> Advanced -> Build Channel what channel you're on.
You can also post a screenshot of your FGU starter screen.

The attached screen shots should help the first shows my build as 4.2.0 ultimate, the other shows my build as live it WAS Dev and i tried to change it to live, and the system froze so i closed it and re-launched it and it came back up as 4.2.0 still and live

JohnQPublic
April 24th, 2022, 20:58
Uninstall and re-install might be the best bet.

Trenloe
April 24th, 2022, 21:19
[The attached screen shots should help the first shows my build as 4.2.0 ultimate, the other shows my build as live it WAS Dev and i tried to change it to live, and the system froze so i closed it and re-launched it and it came back up as 4.2.0 still and live
Now that the settings are showing LIVE, run an update. That should download and install the current live version.

Trenloe
April 24th, 2022, 21:21
Closing thread as this is a duplicate of this one here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?73509-Wrong-update