PDA

View Full Version : Story Template with Tables, why does this not work?

DragonBetween
April 15th, 2022, 16:29
Here is the syntax that is not working. I will describe what I am trying to do below, but my example I will use A, B, C, ext. for my variables for the table names.

[A]
[:B [A]:C]
[D <C>]

So I am trying to story template the Barrowmaze Random Crypt Generator. In it you have an entrance with 1d4 chambers. You then roll on a d12 table for the contents for the entrance and for each chamber. If you roll a 12 for the entrance you then roll a d6 for the chambers instead of a d12. The d12 table has four columns on it and want to recall each column separate for each chamber but using the same result. i.e. If the result for chamber one is a 7 then I want to recall the results for 7 column 1, 7 column 2, 7 column 3, and 7 column 4. in separate spots. Here is the kicker those results are usually other tables that then roll on another table and so on. But then if you roll a 12 on the entrance it changes the die you roll for the 1 to 4 chambers after. I would have posted the images of the tables but was worried of copy right stuff.

If the story templates and tables could use If-Than statements then this would even be easier.