PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 4-8 Players Sun Night 6PM PST USA 3.5 Iron Kingdoms Campaign

wychfate
April 12th, 2022, 06:12
FG License: Full Unity License, players only need the demo version to play
Game System: D&D 3.5; Setting Iron Kingdoms

Time Zone: Pacific Time Zone
Day of week and time: Thursday 6pm
If new game, planned start date: 4/22/2022
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4-Hour session weekly
Term: Long term keep playing for a while
Text or Voice: Mix of both text and voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? This game will not be recorded or streamed

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Numbers of players 4 Needed 0-4 more players
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level characters, starting with 0 experience points. Equipment must be purchased rolling Random Starting Gold. Note: PCs also receive one outfit of normal cloths as described in PHB. See pg. 111 of the PHB.
Starting Rolls for the following classes, that are not listed in the IKCG or PHB.
• Arcane Mechanik 3d4x10 gp
• Bodger 3d4x10 gp
• Fell Caller 4d4x10 gp
• Gun Mage 4d4x10 gp

Book Restrictions: Only the Iron Kingdoms Character Guide (IKCG) and the Player’s Handbook are authorized at the beginning of play. In the future I may allow elements from other books if I feel it fits within the game world. I will make decisions on a case-by-case basis.

Character restrictions: As restricted by the Iron Kingdoms Character Guide. Races: Only races as listed in the Iron Kingdoms Character Guide (IKCG) which means no gnomes, halflings, or half-orcs (as these races do not exist in the setting) (also note half-elves are extremely rare). Human Note: If you make a human character, you will also need to choose the characters ethnicity (see IKCG), as well as determine if the character comes from the typical nation of the ethnicity or not (which may make them a foreigner to starting location). Classes as listed in the IKCG or modified in the IKCG. Note some classes are modified from what is listed in the PHB. See IKCG.

Details of your scenario: The Iron Kingdoms setting is a fantasy world with steampunk like elements. It is the same setting used by the popular Warmachine and Hordes wargames produced by Privateer Press.

There are steam trains, steam ships and steam constructs. The most popular constructs in industrial cities are known as steamjacks. Steamjacks are magical constructs used to help the labor forces of the nations of western Immoren. Warjacks, which are steamjacks built and equipped for war are used by the militaries of the nations, they far out class steamjacks. Many industrial cities belch out smog and soot as the industrial revolution is in full swing. The humans are the dominant race of western Immoren.

There is a total of five separate nations (Cygnar, Khador, Ord, Llaelese, and the Protectorate). The region has two other major nations the Rhulic (read Dwarven) nation of Rhul and the Iosan (Elven) nation of Ios. Note this does not include the Island Nation of Cryx to the west of western Immoren proper.
Other major races of western Immoren may occupy certain areas of the region but not one of them has a nation. The Nyss (winter elves) roam the frozen north in tribes, while there are also tribes of monstrous races (gobber, bogrin, ogrun, and trollkin) within the wildernesses of western Immoren. These races may live amongst humans, or live in small groups, clans or tribes within the wilderness.

Magic for the most part is feared by the masses due to the religious persecution of witches (read sorcerers), while wizards are little more trusted in western Immoren (the starting campaign region). Magic that is often combined with machines are a trusted form of arcane use as the mighty militaries of these nations of Immoren commonly employ such forms of magic.

The PCs should form themselves into a group of individuals who wish to explore the rich world of Caen and all it has to offer. This group should be well balanced character classes. The group begins in western Immoren, but they will not be restricted to just this region. In Caen the wilderness or areas distant from any civilization is untamed/wild and feared by the many inhabitants of the world.

The campaign will begin in the northern Khador. In a small woodland town in the far northwest of the nation. The players will need to come up with a reason as to why their PC has come to this town. The answer can be as simple as them being born and raised In the town (if they are human; the dominant ethnicity is Kossite; every player should be able to at least speak the language of Khadoran) to an assortment of other reasons. The players pcs should also have a connection of some sort (friendship or working relationship) with at least one other player pcs.

Some possible reasons for being in the area:
• Character came here after leaving the military of Khador (humans only)
• Being assigned by the Khadoran military to investigate the disappearance of soldiers northwest of any civilization.
• A desire to explore the wild north beyond civilization for a number of possible reasons.
• Fleeing the unknown of the wilds to seek shelter.

This campaign will center around the exploits of your group as an adventuring or mercenary group. The beginning of the campaign will begin with the group learning to become friends and hopefully amassing wealth along the way. Though there is something else happening within the world (main plot) the players backgrounds may add additional sub-plots to be resolved within the campaign.

What do I expect from players as a DM?
• This is a mature game which can contain mature subject matter so players should be 18+
• Please do not argue with the DM during a game session
• When disagreeing with others you are expected to speak/text respectfully with everyone at all times.
• Players should pay attention to the game during a session and keep distractions to a minimum.
• Play your character only. Do not dictate or suggest actions for other players.
• No “rules lawyering.”
• No PvP will be allowed.
• Loner types or uncooperative PCs will not be allowed.

Players should create characters with a backstory that should be at a minimum of 500 words. They should include information about their PC’s family (including names, ages, rather they are alive or not, and if so the relationship between the PC and family members), at least one rival/enemy of the character, and a minimum of one goal that the character wishes to make.

What you can expect from the DM?
• For the DM to be respectful to all players in speech and text. While the game may have elements of prejudice and bias these elements are only roleplay elements that deal with the PCs and NPCs. This is not something that we as human beings should have towards each other in RL. Such actions/words will not be tolerated.
• To be fair to all players, showing no favoritism to any one player or their PC over any other.
• While I have not played FG for sometime and will be a bit slow in the beginning I promise to improve my play and get better with time.
• I have not run a 3.5 game in sometime and may make mistakes. I have no problem in admitting to my mistakes and making corrections because of said mistakes. While I may not spend a lot of time in game disputing rules, I do promise to hear anyone out after a session, rather via voice or text.
• Creation of challenging games. Most planned encounters will be made with the parties average ECL kept in mind. This means most such encounters will may be challenging but the party should be able to over come the challenge. When it comes to random encounters this level of balance is not guaranteed and the party should play with due diligence. PCs should no when to run. I just don’t believe it is realistic that every encounter in life will be something one can always overcome. Though there will be time to learn from failure or from gained experience that the party can go back and defeat such challenges.
• Consequences for actions. Players should expect appropriate reactions from npcs. Murder hobos beware.
• I believe that it is a DM’s job to deal with disruptive or disrespectful players. I have no problem with dealing with such players. I will normally try to talk with players that are causing others a difficult time playing. While there are certain situations that call for immediate banning, not every situation causes for such a reaction, and sometime a quick out of game discussion can fix a problem that isn’t intentional.

Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=6342

wychfate
April 24th, 2022, 23:54
Session 0 begins in a couple of hours. We have 4 players thus far and have open slots for up to 4 more players. If you are interested let me know of like most players just go to the Recruiting (Game) Calendar and sign up.

Vhok
April 25th, 2022, 03:37
the title says sunday but the post says thursday?