PDA

View Full Version : Beastheart and Monstrous Companions

JonStormbringer
April 10th, 2022, 17:14
This morning, I had a player gift me "Beastheart and Monstrous Companions", because he wanted to play a Beastheart in our next campaign. As I looked through the material in the Reference Manual, I came across Appendix A (Use in Fantasy Grounds). Essentially a guide on how to get the best use out of this product in Fantasy Grounds, this was a fantastic section to add to the product. Here's a screen cap of the section I'm referring to:

I'm not sure who converted this to FG, but THANKS! This section will make integrating this product into the campaign much easier and I appreciate the extra time/effort you must have taken to add it.

ColoradoGM
April 3rd, 2023, 18:09
I'm using Beastheart at my FGU table and I need help implementing an effect. Beast Vitality adds +1 HP to max HP per beastheart level, but the variable [Beastheart] isn't recognized as a class label the way [Cleric] or [CLR] is. Is that something that could be fixed in the module, or are class names fixed in the ruleset architecture? I could use [LVL] if the character wasn't multiclassing.

damned
April 3rd, 2023, 22:34
Wouldnt you just add +1 HP each time they level up. I dont think this should be an effect based on your description?

ColoradoGM
April 3rd, 2023, 23:02
Sure, if you want to manually adjust HP at each level up. But since most characters don’t do that it’s an extra thing for the player to remember.

ColoradoGM
April 3rd, 2023, 23:03
I solved it by adding LVL and then subtracting CLERIC, since the pc is a Beastheart/ cleric multi