PDA

View Full Version : Map Export / Import Question

Max Silver
April 8th, 2022, 19:12
I have a few map packs, but the maps are not exactly what I want for the scenario. I'd like to pull the map from the FGU folders, but I cannot figure out where they are stored. I *could* use the native map painter, but honestly I find it clunky and I'd rather throw it in to GIMP and make the adjustments I want.

OR

I'd like to find a good map making tool online. My computer is pretty weak, and I cannot get it to run DungeonFog. I am on a fixed income and don't get paid again until next month, so DungeonDraft and the new Alchemist is unavailable to me for a while.

Any suggestions for either problem?

(the only good thing about having cancer is that I have more time to play / teach DnD with my kids)

LordEntrails
April 8th, 2022, 22:23
For the first one, you want to use the map assets from FG outside of FG? I don't think you can unless you screen shot them. Most if not all of the art packs are encrypted in the vault. If they are not, you would find them in the Modules folder of your FG data directory, found by clicking the folder icon from the FG launch screen.

For the second one, I don't have an answer for you, but this thread might help.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20879-Map-Making-Software-summary

Max Silver
April 9th, 2022, 17:24
I had bought a map pack and wanted to tweak a map. The maps usually come with furniture and what-have-you already in it. I wanted to make a mansion-like building look a bit more spooky and add an exterior lawn. I tried doing it with the FGU map drawing tools, but it looks horrible. I know I can tweak it with GIMP and reload it in to FGU if i had access to the file. Or, my wife could (she's a professional artist). But you answered my question with "Encrypted in the Vault". Which means a no go. Thank you.

LordEntrails
April 9th, 2022, 19:27
If you purchased through the FG Store you have 30 days to get your money back.

Max Silver
April 10th, 2022, 01:13
Nah, I like the maps, I will just use it elsewhere.

Jiminimonka
April 10th, 2022, 10:29
Nah, I like the maps, I will just use it elsewhere.

You can add everything in FGU using the map tools. The layers make it work like a full fledged drawing program. Watch a few of Joshua's videos on the Fantasy Grounds youtube channel