PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Me Timbers

MeAndUnique
April 7th, 2022, 22:44
Current Version: 0.2.1 **Preview Release**

Trigger Me Timbers is an extension for any CoreRPG based ruleset that adds support for creating triggers that can respond to events occurring in the game with automated actions.

This is accomplished through the use of a new Active Triggers window accessible in the upper right hand corner near the Combat Tracker. Each trigger consists of one or more events and one or more actions. Further, each event may include zero or more conditions. Whenever the associated event occurs during play, each of the conditions is evaluated, if they are all satisfied all of the actions take place. Individual conditions may also be inverted to account for a situation that must not be satisfied for the event in order for the action to take place. Both conditions and actions are situationally available, depending on the triggering events.

Two modules are included: "TMT Core Examples" and "TMT D&D 5E Examples" which include a handful of trigger definitions (accessible from the Triggers in the Campaign section of the sidebar) demonstrating how this extension may be used. To use these examples in your game simply drag them to the Active Triggers window. The following examples are provided:

We Hate Ones - CoreRPG - Any time a roll is made by a creature that has a "Hates Ones" effect active in the combat tracker, all of the 1s in the roll will be replaced with 2s.
Death Ward - D&D 5E - Enables the functionality of the Death Ward spell for any creature than has a "Death Ward" effect active in the combat tracker.
Elemental Adept - Fire - D&D 5E - Automates the Elemental Adept Feat for the portion that treats 1s as 2s in the damage roll. NOTE: This does not differentiate between different damage types if the roll has additional types of damage.
Lucky (Halfling) - D&D 5E - Automates the Lucky trait for Halflings, rerolling all 1s for attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws.
Undead Fortitude - D&D 5E - Automates the trait of the same name on Zombies, automatically rolling a saving throw if damage would reduce them to zero hit points, reducing to one instead if they pass.

**NOTE** As this is a preview release there may be occasional hiccups in functionality and many quality of life features have not yet been implemented.

Check it out on The Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/598/view) or at GitHub (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/TriggerMeTimbers) and please let me know if you have any comments or concerns.
Hope it helps!

If you wish to buy me a coffee (https://ko-fi.com/meandunique), I would be extremely grateful. Though please don't feel any pressure or obligation to do so!

daddyogreman
April 7th, 2022, 22:48
Cheers!

nephranka
April 7th, 2022, 23:11
Nice work!

MrDDT
April 7th, 2022, 23:16
I don't know what it does but if MeAndUnique made it, its going to be useful.

MeAndUnique
April 8th, 2022, 12:13
Touched up a couple of minor UI bug in version 0.1.1

MeAndUnique
April 8th, 2022, 12:32
I don't know what it does but if MeAndUnique made it, its going to be useful.

In the most general terms, the ultimate goal of Trigger Me Timbers is basically to enable users to make their own lightweight extensions without needing to know anything about code. They can fiddle with some dropdown menus and voila: new automation.

For example, lets assume you have a homebrew spell that is something along the lines of "Confounded Luck: Whenever the target of this spell scores a critical hit, they must reroll the attack and use the new value instead." Breaking it down to simple terms:
Whenever a roll is made...
* if it is an attack roll
* and the result on the die is a 20
* and the source of the roll bears the Confounded Luck effect
reroll the die.

You could set this up today just by selecting a handful of dropdowns, entering a "20" into a die value field, and entering the "Confounded Luck" effect name. Whereas normally you would either need to hope someone has made an extension that is close enough to what you need for your homebrew spell, or learn to code it yourself. Or do without automation I suppose, though I suspect that isn't a prime motivation for anyone visiting the extension forums :D

And this isn't even scratching the tip of the iceberg; more just looking at it contemplatively. Also, Trigger Me Timbers is built with supporting integration as a central goal, so with any luck other extension developers will be interested in providing new capabilities, such as interacting with item charges via Kit'N'Kaboodle, for example

bmos
April 8th, 2022, 13:02
Incredible concept.
Hopefully I'll have time to check this out and add integrations at some point.

Dudin
April 8th, 2022, 13:35
It's still got that new extensions smell!

Svandal
April 9th, 2022, 19:35
This is really really interesting, and has lots of potential. Great work.
I play pathfinder 1st edition ruleset.

Is there any way that an action could trigger somerhing more than: Remove effect, replace dice and reroll dice?
I would like to be able to add and effect, then the options would greatly increase of what I can do with it. And since you already can remove effects I am guessing it should not be hard to add effects also?

And to go even further in my wish list:
And is there a possibility that the actions can include triggers in the character sheet? Like an attack roll triggering a damage roll if the target is hit, and then be able to choose what damage roll on the character sheet it triggers?
I might be asking for to much :)
There might be another extension I am not aware of yet that includes this? If anybody knows of one I would be happy if you share it with me.

MeAndUnique
April 10th, 2022, 16:07
This is really really interesting, and has lots of potential. Great work.
I play pathfinder 1st edition ruleset.

Is there any way that an action could trigger somerhing more than: Remove effect, replace dice and reroll dice?
I would like to be able to add and effect, then the options would greatly increase of what I can do with it. And since you already can remove effects I am guessing it should not be hard to add effects also?

And to go even further in my wish list:
And is there a possibility that the actions can include triggers in the character sheet? Like an attack roll triggering a damage roll if the target is hit, and then be able to choose what damage roll on the character sheet it triggers?
I might be asking for to much :)
There might be another extension I am not aware of yet that includes this? If anybody knows of one I would be happy if you share it with me.

First off, I love the interest, and I don't think that too much is being asked by any means. Certainly the plan is to keep adding more capabilities to the extensions as it moves toward a full release beyond the current preview.

Adding effects is a bit trickier than removing them, given that there is more than an effect name that is needed by the ruleset code for that to occur. However it is definitely a planned feature for inclusion in the near future.

Responding to character sheet events is also very much on my radar, though many such events are ruleset specific and difficult to effectively implement in a generalized fashion. Not to say it can't be done by any means, Trigger Me Timbers is built from the ground up with supporting specific rulesets through specialization as a core principle. The more relevant challenge is that I don't play pf1e and thus am not personally familiar with the ruleset. So it is my hope that other developers in the community like what they see with Trigger Me Timbers and either want to contribute to it directly or add support for it with new triggers in their own extensions. However if that doesn't happen I am willing to take a look at broadening ruleset support myself based on user needs.

paladinlee
April 11th, 2022, 22:32
What a neat idea! Good luck!

One function that I have not seen yet is the ability to add an effect based on Combat Tracker turn # (or on turn change). I'm looking to add a specific effect as each turn progresses. An example could be Exhaustion, each turn a character gets more and more exhausted, so it would add a new effect each round for each level of exhaustion. Round 2 = apply Exhaustion 2 to all friendlies. etc.

DM_BK
April 13th, 2022, 05:37
This has some huge potential and a number of great things already in place. One thing I'd like to do is add temp hp (5E) for half of the damage taken in certain conditions...anyway to make that happen?

Edit: Also, how about the feature (can't recall its name) that re-rolls damage dice for each die that results in a 1 roll? Any way to do that?

MeAndUnique
April 13th, 2022, 12:38
What a neat idea! Good luck!

One function that I have not seen yet is the ability to add an effect based on Combat Tracker turn # (or on turn change). I'm looking to add a specific effect as each turn progresses. An example could be Exhaustion, each turn a character gets more and more exhausted, so it would add a new effect each round for each level of exhaustion. Round 2 = apply Exhaustion 2 to all friendlies. etc.

Round/Turn Start/End events have been added to the list for future updates, thanks for the suggestion :)

MeAndUnique
April 13th, 2022, 12:45
This has some huge potential and a number of great things already in place. One thing I'd like to do is add temp hp (5E) for half of the damage taken in certain conditions...anyway to make that happen?

Edit: Also, how about the feature (can't recall its name) that re-rolls damage dice for each die that results in a 1 roll? Any way to do that?

First, do you mean for the attacker to gain temporary hitpoints equal to have of the damage taken by the defender? If so, Check out Constitutional Amendments (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/42/view).

Second, that should be possible (depending on which feature in particular, there are a couple at least) with the current capabilities. Make a copy of the "We Hate Ones" trigger in the CoreRPG Example module and add in the conditions appropriate to the feature. Probably something like Roll Is Type to check for damage rolls and either Creature Has Trait or Combatant Has Effect.

DM_BK
April 13th, 2022, 14:57
That worked for #2! Amazing! Thanks!

As for #1...its the opposite, target takes damage and same target receives half of the damage value, just taken, in temp HP. I'm not seeing how to do that with Constitutional Amendments.

Tatas
April 13th, 2022, 17:01
I'm looking to trigger a save on hit, in particular force a save on the target on when the PC crits (technically rolls a 20). It has an effect like this:

When you attack a creature with this magic bow and roll a 20 on the attack roll, the creature must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, it takes 2d8 radiant damage and is blinded until the end of your next turn. On a success, it takes only half as much damage and isn't blinded.

MeAndUnique
April 13th, 2022, 18:59
That worked for #2! Amazing! Thanks!

As for #1...its the opposite, target takes damage and same target receives half of the damage value, just taken, in temp HP. I'm not seeing how to do that with Constitutional Amendments.

Ok, yeah, then that will be possible in the future when support is added for actions that can behave like powers from the character sheet. That is a rather "big" feature, so it could be a little while; though it is also rather high on my priority list, which helps.

MeAndUnique
April 13th, 2022, 19:01
I'm looking to trigger a save on hit, in particular force a save on the target on when the PC crits (technically rolls a 20). It has an effect like this:

When you attack a creature with this magic bow and roll a 20 on the attack roll, the creature must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, it takes 2d8 radiant damage and is blinded until the end of your next turn. On a success, it takes only half as much damage and isn't blinded.

Very much on my radar, though I haven't fully wrapped my head around how I want to implement the consequences for triggered saving throws. Though fwiw I believe this functionality is possible with Advanced Effects and Better Combat Effects working in tandem.

Tatas
April 13th, 2022, 19:47
Thanks. Parts of it definitely are. Just not automating the target save on hit/crit/20. Very excited for this extension!

Tabarkus
April 18th, 2022, 13:38
How about something as simple as: on a roll of... it prints a message to the chatbox.

Svandal
April 18th, 2022, 19:38
Very much on my radar, though I haven't fully wrapped my head around how I want to implement the consequences for triggered saving throws. Though fwiw I believe this functionality is possible with Advanced Effects and Better Combat Effects working in tandem.

If this extension can add effects then this will become possible together with "better combat effects" since that extension can force a save from an effect.

MeAndUnique
April 18th, 2022, 22:48
How about something as simple as: on a roll of... it prints a message to the chatbox.

Oh, great idea!

MeAndUnique
April 18th, 2022, 22:51
If this extension can add effects then this will become possible together with "better combat effects" since that extension can force a save from an effect.

For some things that will work, certainly! Though it is still a core consideration for TMT in order to support things in the vein of Zombies' Undead Fortitude, where the nature of the trigger action isn't encompassed by an effect.

DM_BK
April 25th, 2022, 17:48
Long standing 5e ruleset issue (shocking this is still an issue): target becomes unconscious, it needs prone effect added to it. Unconscious is automated, prone is not. This extension seems like it would be the ideal answer to this problem...any thoughts on how to do it? Thanks!

daddyogreman
April 25th, 2022, 18:51
Long standing 5e ruleset issue (shocking this is still an issue): target becomes unconscious, it needs prone effect added to it. Unconscious is automated, prone is not. This extension seems like it would be the ideal answer to this problem...any thoughts on how to do it? Thanks!

Better Combat Effects and BCEG both have options for this, FYI.

DM_BK
April 25th, 2022, 21:50
Better Combat Effects and BCEG both have options for this, FYI.

I'm not seeing how you do it based on the documentation for either...I went through about 10 pages on BCE of the forum thread (out of 44) and didn't hit anyone talking about it.

daddyogreman
April 26th, 2022, 02:40
I'm not seeing how you do it based on the documentation for either...I went through about 10 pages on BCE of the forum thread (out of 44) and didn't hit anyone talking about it.

It's in the actual settings menu under the Better Combat Effects or Better Combat Effects Gold header.

DM_BK
April 26th, 2022, 14:57
Yes!!! Thanks!!!!

Fingersome
April 26th, 2022, 18:00
I'm hoping you will add the capacity to automate stuff like the spell effect for Sanctuary with this...?? :o
So an OnAttacked trigger, and then a way to provoke a saving throw in the extension would be dope.

Very excited to see where this leads.

Marquis_de_Taigeis
April 26th, 2022, 20:37
just commenting so i can find this later

Tabarkus
May 1st, 2022, 00:08
TMT that I acquired through the Forge doesn't show up in my extensions options when loading a campaign (both 5e and Dungeon Crawl Classics). I've updated many times since originally getting it. I downloaded the extension via Github and it works fine, I just prefer the Forge so I don't have to think about updates.

MeAndUnique
May 15th, 2022, 17:00
TMT that I acquired through the Forge doesn't show up in my extensions options when loading a campaign (both 5e and Dungeon Crawl Classics). I've updated many times since originally getting it. I downloaded the extension via Github and it works fine, I just prefer the Forge so I don't have to think about updates.

Sorry for the delayed response; work has been keeping me quite busy and I missed the email notification for the post here. That is very strange though. Perhaps there was some sort of network hiccup and deleting the extension and re-updating would fix it?

MeAndUnique
May 15th, 2022, 17:01
Just release v0.1.2 which fixes a bug that occurs with critical hits when using Constitutional Amendments as well as adds a new condition based on current temporary hit points, courtesy of @daddyogreman.

nephranka
May 15th, 2022, 19:56
Just release v0.1.2 which fixes a bug that occurs with critical hits when using Constitutional Amendments as well as adds a new condition based on current temporary hit points, courtesy of @daddyogreman.

Looks to be fully operational. Thanks!

Tabarkus
May 16th, 2022, 01:19
Ok, just deleting the extension didn't work. I disabled the extension in the Forge, updated, the re-enabled and updated again; now it is working. Thanks for the help.

MeAndUnique
May 21st, 2022, 19:06
Version 0.1.3 is live with support for a handful of new features, courtesy of @Saagael:
After Attack Event (4e and 5e)
Power Used Event (4e and 5e)
Power Data Condition (4e and 5e)
Heal Combatant Action (4e)
Send Chat Message Action (CoreRPG+)

For extension developers, this version also adds support for adding tooltip descriptions to trigger events, conditions, actions, parameters, the works. I will be continuing to add descriptions in future versions.

MeAndUnique
May 21st, 2022, 21:15
A number of users have requested to be able to toss a coin my way so I have created a page for them to do so and added a link to the first post. Please feel no obligation to do so though!

Nebs
May 31st, 2022, 02:15
I recently picked up 13th Age and was hoping to automate some of the features of the game since there isn't much support for the ruleset. One thing I noticed lacking is support for drop-the-lowest rolls (IE Advantage from 5e) for specific things. I tried recreating one of the Powers as a test, but it was just rerolling the die, regardless of the value of the first.

Do you have insight into accomplishing what I'm after? There are a few effects in the game that involve "rolling with advantage" but it's not supported natively in the ruleset so accomplishing stuff like that with TMT would be amazing. Thanks for this extension, it really looks like it will be one of the most powerful extensions released for FG ��

MeAndUnique
May 31st, 2022, 08:14
I recently picked up 13th Age and was hoping to automate some of the features of the game since there isn't much support for the ruleset. One thing I noticed lacking is support for drop-the-lowest rolls (IE Advantage from 5e) for specific things. I tried recreating one of the Powers as a test, but it was just rerolling the die, regardless of the value of the first.

Do you have insight into accomplishing what I'm after? There are a few effects in the game that involve "rolling with advantage" but it's not supported natively in the ruleset so accomplishing stuff like that with TMT would be amazing. Thanks for this extension, it really looks like it will be one of the most powerful extensions released for FG ��

Honestly, that's mostly just an oversight on my part. Initially I was thinking of abilities that reroll a die and stipulate that the new result must be used. Certainly something I can look at improving upon. In the mean time, since work has been hugely demanding of me the past few weeks, does 13th Age support an effect that would add an extra d20 to the roll? If so, then adding a second die to the roll and using the replace action to set the value of the lowest die to 0 ought to do the trick.

Kelrugem
May 31st, 2022, 11:35

Do you have insight into accomplishing what I'm after? There are a few effects in the game that involve "rolling with advantage" but it's not supported natively in the ruleset so accomplishing stuff like that with TMT would be amazing. Thanks for this extension, it really looks like it will be one of the most powerful extensions released for FG 

I have coded an extension for adding (dis)advantage to CoreRPG based rulesets, may this work for you, too? :) See here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/6/view

Or would you need more specific effects (just rerolling damage for example), then one could add this easily to 13th Age via an extension as I described at the bottom of the extension's description on the forge (given the ruleset is not vaulted), because I aimed that the extension is general enough to allow other devs to make use of it :)

(https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/6/view)

Nebs
May 31st, 2022, 13:21
Honestly, that's mostly just an oversight on my part. Initially I was thinking of abilities that reroll a die and stipulate that the new result must be used. Certainly something I can look at improving upon. In the mean time, since work has been hugely demanding of me the past few weeks, does 13th Age support an effect that would add an extra d20 to the roll? If so, then adding a second die to the roll and using the replace action to set the value of the lowest die to 0 ought to do the trick.

That's an interesting solution, thanks! I don't know that it supports any modifiers to Initiative specifically, I just started with it yesterday. The effects automation page is far more helpful for 5E than anything else, so I don't know that I could add a d20 to just those rolls, but I'll certainly be looking into it.

I'll also be looking into Kelrugem's solution! I'd been looking on the forge for things specifically for 13th Age when I realize I should have been looking for more things benefiting CoreRPG. Thanks!

Kelrugem
May 31st, 2022, 13:43
I'd been looking on the forge for things specifically for 13th Age when I realize I should have been looking for more things benefiting CoreRPG. Thanks!

Hehe, yeah, for 13th Age it can be more useful to look for CoreRPG instead, I did not hear about 13th Age specific extensions :) (I just hope that 13th Age is based on CoreRPG, I am not completely sure about that; but I think the ruleset got updated in order to be based on CoreRPG)

Nebs
June 1st, 2022, 00:17

I gave this a try and it worked great! 52994

Although, I noticed TMT doesn't recognize rolling initiative from the Combat Tracker as a Dice Rolled of Type Init. Just to make sure it wasn't a CoreRPG/13th Age thing, I checked in the 5E ruleset and made a quick "Set all initiative rolls to 20" rule and rolled in the Combat Tracker, but it did not replace their rolls after it functioned normally rolling initiative directly from the character. In my mind, this isn't really of TMT issue and more an FG issue, but I thought I'd share.

I recall a long time ago "ADVINIT" for the 5E ruleset didn't work from the Combat Tracker, but not that anyone could obviously see because the Combat Tracker doesn't visibly roll dice when rolling initiative like the Party Sheet does when rolling group checks (which is a shame, I think).

Kelrugem
June 1st, 2022, 01:07
I gave this a try and it worked great! 52994

Although, I noticed TMT doesn't recognize rolling initiative from the Combat Tracker as a Dice Rolled of Type Init. Just to make sure it wasn't a CoreRPG/13th Age thing, I checked in the 5E ruleset and made a quick "Set all initiative rolls to 20" rule and rolled in the Combat Tracker, but it did not replace their rolls after it functioned normally rolling initiative directly from the character. In my mind, this isn't really of TMT issue and more an FG issue, but I thought I'd share.

I recall a long time ago "ADVINIT" for the 5E ruleset didn't work from the Combat Tracker, but not that anyone could obviously see because the Combat Tracker doesn't visibly roll dice when rolling initiative like the Party Sheet does when rolling group checks (which is a shame, I think).

Indeed, the instantaneous options for rolling initiative in the CT may follow a different code for the roll (just a random table), thence they may not be affected of certain things since they'd need extra treatment :)

MeAndUnique
June 1st, 2022, 21:02
Looking at the code, that is the case, yeah. I've added a note to take a closer look at that for another extension I have in the pipe. First up are some unrelated bug fixes and then the next (looking to be quite massive) TMT update.

BushViper
June 5th, 2022, 10:03
A repository (this thread or maybe somewhere else) would be fantastic to inventory all the community-created uses for this tool. I have absolutely no doubt, given the ingenuity of the FG user-base, that people have devised applications which many of us haven't considered or had the time to work out ourselves.

Ozsome
June 9th, 2022, 03:12
I have been trying for a few days to get this to work but my sorcerer with elemental adept is frustrated (as am i).
I am sure I am overlooking something in formatting. I have tried both creature has trait and combatant has effect and neither changes the roll to a 2.
I am playing 5e, and I made the copy of the one from the coreRPG example. I made the changes suggested in an earlier post but I can't get the dice to mod to the new value of 2.
I am going to try a campaign with only TMT installed and see if it is/was an extension conflict vs something I am trying too hard to see and missing something simple.
Thanks for your time.

edit: I did try both methods with TMT as only extension loaded and could not get effect to trigger and change a result from a 1 to a 2.

MeAndUnique
June 9th, 2022, 15:21
A repository (this thread or maybe somewhere else) would be fantastic to inventory all the community-created uses for this tool. I have absolutely no doubt, given the ingenuity of the FG user-base, that people have devised applications which many of us haven't considered or had the time to work out ourselves.

Support is presently included for exporting Trigger definitions (from the Campaign section of the sidebar) in modules, so that would be a viable sharing mechanism. Once this gets closer to "full" release I'll certainly look into figuring out something a bit more formal. Though full disclosure I don't really expect to have bandwidth to moderate such a thing particularly actively.

MeAndUnique
June 9th, 2022, 15:24
I have been trying for a few days to get this to work but my sorcerer with elemental adept is frustrated (as am i).
I am sure I am overlooking something in formatting. I have tried both creature has trait and combatant has effect and neither changes the roll to a 2.
I am playing 5e, and I made the copy of the one from the coreRPG example. I made the changes suggested in an earlier post but I can't get the dice to mod to the new value of 2.
I am going to try a campaign with only TMT installed and see if it is/was an extension conflict vs something I am trying too hard to see and missing something simple.
Thanks for your time.

edit: I did try both methods with TMT as only extension loaded and could not get effect to trigger and change a result from a 1 to a 2.

I'll dig in to this and see if I can't figure out what is going on and get a fix out in the next update.

Ozsome
June 10th, 2022, 02:21
Thanks for your time. I have 5 of your extensions and love how much they help automate things so I can focus on the story more than the mechanics.

MeAndUnique
June 12th, 2022, 16:30
Just released version 0.1.4 which adds events for turn start/end and new round, fixes the bug with trait conditions, and lays groundwork in code for supporting actions that can interrupt events (e.g. roll a saving throw after damage has been rolled and before reducing hitpoints).

Jaegar
June 23rd, 2022, 22:53
This is AMAZING!

plap3014
July 3rd, 2022, 19:07
Hi,

After loading the 5E module, I don't see any example. Do I need to do something else? the extension is loaded and working:

MeAndUnique
July 3rd, 2022, 19:53
Hi,

After loading the 5E module, I don't see any example. Do I need to do something else? the extension is loaded and working:

So what shows up from the Triggers button under the Campaign section of the sidebar?

plap3014
July 3rd, 2022, 20:02
oups! it is there!

MeAndUnique
July 3rd, 2022, 21:34
Cool, glad its working :)

Basiliv
July 15th, 2022, 00:08
Hullo!
Loving this extension so far, thank you!
I am having one issue with the 5e ruleset, when I use "Condition: Attack Roll Is Result", I get the following error:

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack_5e_tmt.lua"]:62: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

I tested each condition one by one to confirm it's this one, the rest of the trigger all works fine. It also doesn't matter whether I pick Hit or Miss for the Result. Here's my complete Trigger for reference:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Basiliv
July 15th, 2022, 19:35
More details:

The error above occurs when I roll a die from the Actions tab by double-clicking the attack field for a weapon (longsword +2) on the character that has the “Hail of Thorns 1” effect applied.

MeAndUnique
July 16th, 2022, 10:54
Hullo!
Loving this extension so far, thank you!
I am having one issue with the 5e ruleset, when I use "Condition: Attack Roll Is Result", I get the following error:

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack_5e_tmt.lua"]:62: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

I tested each condition one by one to confirm it's this one, the rest of the trigger all works fine. It also doesn't matter whether I pick Hit or Miss for the Result. Here's my complete Trigger for reference:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sorry, I seen to have missed this with the recent ruleset update! I'm presently on vacation and won't have computer access for a couple weeks, but fixing this will be a top priority once in back home.

Basiliv
August 8th, 2022, 22:49
Hello -- hope your vacation was great!
Just following up on the status of this. Thanks much.

MeAndUnique
August 9th, 2022, 14:16
Hello -- hope your vacation was great!
Just following up on the status of this. Thanks much.

Indeed, vacation was fantastic thanks.
As for the update....

Just released version 0.1.5 which addresses the error when making attack rolls.

GEONE
August 12th, 2022, 18:59
Would you possibly consider changing the chat message icon that appears when an effect is triggered to something more generic, like an exclamation mark or lightning bolt?

My players are always poking fun at there being a bunch of wood planks in chat whenever an event is triggered.

Something like this I think might look good
https://i.imgur.com/glm85i4.png

You might also want to consider adding a high load order, so other extensions that alter core behavior can be used and still trigger events. I suggest something over 50

Nebs
August 12th, 2022, 19:07
Would you possibly consider changing the chat message icon that appears when an effect is triggered to something more generic, like an exclamation mark or lightning bolt?

My players are always poking fun at there being a bunch of wood planks in chat whenever a event is triggered.

I do find the Timbers novel, but it would be neat if the icon could be replaced with the DM's icon maybe, too? If that resource is easy to tap into.

Basiliv
August 13th, 2022, 18:23
Indeed, vacation was fantastic thanks.
As for the update....

Just released version 0.1.5 which addresses the error when making attack rolls.

Unfortunately I'm still seeing the same error. To confirm:
- I see "Trigger Me Timbers v0.1.5 by MeAndUnique" in the chat when FGU starts up.
- This is for the 5e ruleset
- I tried both my original trigger and also recreating my trigger from scratch. Both work fine until I add the condition "Attack Roll is Result" -- "Hit"
- I was using the "Miss Flavor Text" extension, but in case the string or the array changes were messing with your extension I also tried removing the .ext file from the extensions folder and restarting FGU and that isn't the issue

Would you please take another look? Thanks!

MeAndUnique
August 13th, 2022, 21:11
Unfortunately I'm still seeing the same error. To confirm:
- I see "Trigger Me Timbers v0.1.5 by MeAndUnique" in the chat when FGU starts up.
- This is for the 5e ruleset
- I tried both my original trigger and also recreating my trigger from scratch. Both work fine until I add the condition "Attack Roll is Result" -- "Hit"
- I was using the "Miss Flavor Text" extension, but in case the string or the array changes were messing with your extension I also tried removing the .ext file from the extensions folder and restarting FGU and that isn't the issue

Would you please take another look? Thanks!

I think I may have figured out the problem. Are you using the "After Attack Roll" event? If not, that is supposed to be the only event for which the "Attack Roll is Result" condition is valid, however I just discovered that there appears to be a bug in the logic to keep conditions aligned with the appropriate events.

I'll work on getting things fixed up to ensure that conditions are properly matched to events. Sorry for the trouble!

Basiliv
August 13th, 2022, 21:30
No, here are the conditions I’m using:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53548&d=1657840089

(If that link doesn’t work, there’s a jpg of it attached to my original post too)

MeAndUnique
August 13th, 2022, 22:08
No, here are the conditions I’m using:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53548&d=1657840089

(If that link doesn’t work, there’s a jpg of it attached to my original post too)

Right, so that condition is not supported to be used with that event. "Attack Roll is Result" is only intended to work with "After Attack Roll"; the UI is supposed to prevent it from even showing up as an option, which is the bug I need to resolve. In the meantime, this ought to do the trick: 53958

MeAndUnique
August 13th, 2022, 23:14
Version 0.1.6 released which fixes a bug allowing the "Attack Roll is Result" condition to be shown for incompatible events.

Basiliv
August 14th, 2022, 03:14
Right, so that condition is not supported to be used with that event. "Attack Roll is Result" is only intended to work with "After Attack Roll"; the UI is supposed to prevent it from even showing up as an option, which is the bug I need to resolve. In the meantime, this ought to do the trick: 53958

You're so close! ;)

It works great with your example, where the "Attack Roll is Result" == "Miss". But I need it to be == "Hit", and that still gives the same error.

MeAndUnique
August 20th, 2022, 16:29
You're so close! ;)

It works great with your example, where the "Attack Roll is Result" == "Miss". But I need it to be == "Hit", and that still gives the same error.

In my defense I was copying the screenshot from earlier in the thread :p

That said, when using a clean campaign with only that trigger loaded with a condition of "hit" everything works fine on my end. Would it be possible for you to zip up the campaign that is having this error? Assuming it doesn't have any copyright or otherwise sensitive material of course. If the campaign can't be sent for any reason, then the trigger alone could be made into a module by copying it from the Active Triggers list to the Trigger definition list (in the Campaign section of the sidebar) and then from there to the export window (opened via the Export button in the Modules window).

MeAndUnique
August 20th, 2022, 16:50

My players are always poking fun at there being a bunch of wood planks in chat whenever an event is triggered.

Something like this I think might look good
https://i.imgur.com/glm85i4.png

You might also want to consider adding a high load order, so other extensions that alter core behavior can be used and still trigger events. I suggest something over 50

I've added the ability to choose from multiple icons to the feature list for development.

As for the load order, well, that is extremely complicated. Due to the nature of Trigger Me Timbers needing to execute close to the metal, as it were, increasing the load order in general would certainly yield many conflicts. Just judging from my own extensions, more effort would be required to have Trigger Me Timbers load later than earlier. More likely it is going to have to be a situation of working out a solution on a case by case basis when conflicts do arise.

Basiliv
August 20th, 2022, 18:06
In my defense I was copying the screenshot from earlier in the thread :p

That said, when using a clean campaign with only that trigger loaded with a condition of "hit" everything works fine on my end. Would it be possible for you to zip up the campaign that is having this error? Assuming it doesn't have any copyright or otherwise sensitive material of course. If the campaign can't be sent for any reason, then the trigger alone could be made into a module by copying it from the Active Triggers list to the Trigger definition list (in the Campaign section of the sidebar) and then from there to the export window (opened via the Export button in the Modules window).

Fair enough! :)

I'll send the zipped file via your Discord. Thanks so much for the support!

MeAndUnique
August 30th, 2022, 16:51
Just released v0.1.7 with some minor reworking of the attack result condition for 5e, which I am optimistic about resolving the recent issues once and for all. Additionally, the before damage taken event now occurs before temporary hit points are reduced as a change both for functional consistency as well as implementation safety.

dubyaguy
August 30th, 2022, 22:05
Definitely see the potential for this!!!

Was experimenting with the Half-Orc trait "Relentless Endurance" and suddenly realized this is exactly the same as the Death Ward example you provided. NOICE!!

dubyaguy
September 10th, 2022, 18:30
This may be beyond the scope of the tool, but how about an effect that instead of sending just text to Chat, rolls on a table and sends the results to chat? Kind of similar to how critical and fumble tables are implemented.

GEONE
September 11th, 2022, 02:40
This may be beyond the scope of the tool, but how about an effect that instead of sending just text to Chat, rolls on a table and sends the results to chat? Kind of similar to how critical and fumble tables are implemented.

Check out the Ongoing Damage extension, it adds an effect called ROLLON which rolls on a table at the beginning of that player's turn. It might be able to be used alongside this extension to get the result you are looking for.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56194-Extension-Ongoing-temporary-hitpoints

MeAndUnique
September 11th, 2022, 04:35

The intent is certainly there to add table-related actions in the future. However, between my day job and keeping up with recent updates to Fantasy Grounds itself I've barely had time to work on this extension, which has been slowing down feature progression more than I'd like.

dubyaguy
September 11th, 2022, 21:36
Check out the Ongoing Damage extension, it adds an effect called ROLLON which rolls on a table at the beginning of that player's turn. It might be able to be used alongside this extension to get the result you are looking for.

Thanks for the ROLLON idea. And the ongoing damage extension is neat, but was hoping for something that did not rely on a CT-based start of turn to be triggered. Something a player could trigger themselves. And while I can set TMT to trigger on a die roll or use of power, the action options don't provide a way to advance the CT turns (needed for ongoing damage) or directly execute a /rollon.

It's OK. Just a wish-list thing :-)

Basiliv
September 20th, 2022, 20:13
Just released v0.1.7 with some minor reworking of the attack result condition for 5e, which I am optimistic about resolving the recent issues once and for all. Additionally, the before damage taken event now occurs before temporary hit points are reduced as a change both for functional consistency as well as implementation safety.

Thanks so much for the work on this, looks good!

jfg1984
October 1st, 2022, 18:32
Hello there. I have a question/request.

I'm wanting to automate spells that grant you temp HP for a limited duration (false life, etc) so that once the effect tracking the duration of the spell expires, the temp HP value is automatically removed from the PC in question. Do you think there is anyway Trigger Me Timbers could currently accommodate this, or be made to with some future update? Thanks!

MeAndUnique
October 2nd, 2022, 16:24
Hello there. I have a question/request.

I'm wanting to automate spells that grant you temp HP for a limited duration (false life, etc) so that once the effect tracking the duration of the spell expires, the temp HP value is automatically removed from the PC in question. Do you think there is anyway Trigger Me Timbers could currently accommodate this, or be made to with some future update? Thanks!

It is certainly on my radar in general. The primary concern is how to handle edge cases such as the fact that choosing to gain more temporary hit points replaces the current amount, which creates a challenge for properly associating the temporary hit points with the matching effect. As a rule, I find that not having automation is better than automation that gets in the way, so I tend to be overly deliberate in how I approach them.

jfg1984
October 2nd, 2022, 19:23
It is certainly on my radar in general. The primary concern is how to handle edge cases such as the fact that choosing to gain more temporary hit points replaces the current amount, which creates a challenge for properly associating the temporary hit points with the matching effect. As a rule, I find that not having automation is better than automation that gets in the way, so I tend to be overly deliberate in how I approach them.

True. Seems like any logic rule I could think of off the top of my head would just create yet more edge cases.

Navigat0r
November 17th, 2022, 15:03
Hello! I just found this extension and I think it's great :) I am currently using it in both my 5e and PF1e campaigns. I noticed that there seem to be considerably more options for creating triggers in the 5e version. For example, triggers can be keyed to character traits or feats in 5e but I only seem to be able to key triggers to effects in PF1e (or at least that is all I have figured out how to do). I was wondering if there are any plans to expand the functions of this extension in non-5e rulesets.

Azbandar
November 19th, 2022, 13:50
I feel I must be missing something...

I did not alter the Death Ward example, I was trying to get it automated for Relentless Endurance, but I couldn't get that to work so I decided to go with the example Death Ward and test. That also didn't work. I have it in the active triggers and I have the effect on the PC (both shown in the screenshot), but when damage exceeds current HP the PC dies with no trigger. I also tested it with higher HP max as well as my test character only had 35 max and damage exceeded max not just current (just in case it was that causing it) but it had the same result, death is death, without death ward kicking in.

Other triggers are working great though. Love this ext for Flames of Phlegethos!!!

estrolof
November 22nd, 2022, 00:25
I was looking at the 5E event that trigger actions. How hard/possible is adding "Complete a Short Rest" or "Complete a Long Rest" type triggers? I'm thinking it might be just as easy to use the (I think it's BCEG) RESTL tag for ongoing saves vs a disease. But, wasn't sure if this was a better option.

estrolof
November 25th, 2022, 16:47

I did not alter the Death Ward example, I was trying to get it automated for Relentless Endurance, but I couldn't get that to work so I decided to go with the example Death Ward and test. That also didn't work. I have it in the active triggers and I have the effect on the PC (both shown in the screenshot), but when damage exceeds current HP the PC dies with no trigger. I also tested it with higher HP max as well as my test character only had 35 max and damage exceeded max not just current (just in case it was that causing it) but it had the same result, death is death, without death ward kicking in.

Other triggers are working great though. Love this ext for Flames of Phlegethos!!!

The other night, I was setting up Relentless Endurance. It worked most times. But once I added a second (similar) effect from an item - that's supposed to award temp hp on the same criteria - it seemed to fail inconsistently for that character. I had to clear the effects and active triggers and start again fresh before it would work again.

I didn't *see* anything in the trigger that would recognize the "once until after a long rest" bit.

While Lucky and Bardic Inspiration would keep working over and over.

MeAndUnique
November 25th, 2022, 18:43
Hello! I just found this extension and I think it's great :) I am currently using it in both my 5e and PF1e campaigns. I noticed that there seem to be considerably more options for creating triggers in the 5e version. For example, triggers can be keyed to character traits or feats in 5e but I only seem to be able to key triggers to effects in PF1e (or at least that is all I have figured out how to do). I was wondering if there are any plans to expand the functions of this extension in non-5e rulesets.

Basically it comes down to the fact that I personally am only really familiar with 5E, and by proxy CoreRPG. Where possible I try to make things work for CoreRPG, which will then work with most other rulesets. However, for specialized functionality that isn't always possible; I do welcome assistance for supporting other rulesets though, and have done so in the past for a few things specific for 4E.

MeAndUnique
November 25th, 2022, 18:46

Sorry for the delay, and for the troubles. Work has been crazy for the past few months, though it is finally back to normal (just in time for the holidays to eat all my time). I'll dig in on this next week once I'm back from visiting family.

MeAndUnique
November 25th, 2022, 18:48
I was looking at the 5E event that trigger actions. How hard/possible is adding "Complete a Short Rest" or "Complete a Long Rest" type triggers? I'm thinking it might be just as easy to use the (I think it's BCEG) RESTL tag for ongoing saves vs a disease. But, wasn't sure if this was a better option.

Certainly possible; can't say for sure if there are any edge cases that would make it difficult, which would influence the timeline for adding the feature.

MeAndUnique
November 25th, 2022, 18:49
The other night, I was setting up Relentless Endurance. It worked most times. But once I added a second (similar) effect from an item - that's supposed to award temp hp on the same criteria - it seemed to fail inconsistently for that character. I had to clear the effects and active triggers and start again fresh before it would work again.

I didn't *see* anything in the trigger that would recognize the "once until after a long rest" bit.

While Lucky and Bardic Inspiration would keep working over and over.

That is certainly weird, I'll probably have some questions in the future to get this resolved.

MeAndUnique
December 9th, 2022, 16:59
While I wasn't able to exactly reproduce the issues as reported I did find a couple of bugs to touch up that are directly related with version 0.1.8.

DMLars
January 4th, 2023, 05:16
First off, thanks for the effort with this extension! I did have a question, the "TMT 5E examples" are no longer available to be loaded from the modules window. It is in the FG File folder but only the CoreRPG examples can be loaded from the modules window. Thoughts?

MeAndUnique
January 6th, 2023, 15:49
First off, thanks for the effort with this extension! I did have a question, the "TMT 5E examples" are no longer available to be loaded from the modules window. It is in the FG File folder but only the CoreRPG examples can be loaded from the modules window. Thoughts?

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience, I'll look in to it.

eporrini
January 20th, 2023, 20:28
I am looking for an extension that can help with two recently acquired abilities in my current party. I also have other extensions (better combat effects as an example) that could be used in conjunction. One is Mastery of Death on a long death monk and the second is the barbarian Relentless Rage ability. Both involve a blow that would send someone to 0HP sending them to 1 instead. Can this extension help with that?

MeAndUnique
January 20th, 2023, 22:00
I am looking for an extension that can help with two recently acquired abilities in my current party. I also have other extensions (better combat effects as an example) that could be used in conjunction. One is Mastery of Death on a long death monk and the second is the barbarian Relentless Rage ability. Both involve a blow that would send someone to 0HP sending them to 1 instead. Can this extension help with that?

Funny your should mention it, todays release (see next post) does provide some support for the Relentless Rage Feature, however I can't think of a way to use the current capabilities to handle the increasing DC after each use. Mastery of Death can get most of the way by tweaking the Death Ward example, however that would make it fully automatica rather than player choice, and wouldn't presently be able to interact with Ki Point usage.

MeAndUnique
January 20th, 2023, 22:01
Version 0.2.0 is live! The big feature of this release is support for interruptions, which allow Actions to temporarily interrupt the original Event to do something else first. Presently this feature is only implemented in letting saving throws to interrupt damage, which allows the outcome of the saving throw to affect the result of the damage, as shown in the Undead Fortitude example. However with the framework in place it will be possible to add many more such interruptions in the future, even things like prompts for reaction abilities. Additionally, the following new Trigger components are available:
After Save Event
Damage Is Type Condition
Save Result Condition
Roll Save Action

nephranka
January 21st, 2023, 11:42
Very cool!

MrDDT
January 21st, 2023, 14:47
Version 0.2.0 is live! The big feature of this release is support for interruptions, which allow Actions to temporarily interrupt the original Event to do something else first. Presently this feature is only implemented in letting saving throws to interrupt damage, which allows the outcome of the saving throw to affect the result of the damage, as shown in the Undead Fortitude example. However with the framework in place it will be possible to add many more such interruptions in the future, even things like prompts for reaction abilities. Additionally, the following new Trigger components are available:
After Save Event
Damage Is Type Condition
Save Result Condition
Roll Save Action

Epic, can't wait to get in there and play with it.

BlazingAzureCrow
January 22nd, 2023, 06:21
As of this last update, in a clean campaign with no other extensions, Trigger Me Timbers is returning an error every time I have a PC roll or provoke a saving throw.

nephranka
January 22nd, 2023, 16:32
Confirmed. Error:

[1/22/2023 11:31:35 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "TriggerMeTimbers:..r_action_save_5e_tmt.lua"]:119: attempt to index field 'sSaveDesc' (a nil value)

MeAndUnique
January 23rd, 2023, 02:41
Just released v0.2.1 with a fix for the above error as well as a Condition for whether a combatant has an available reaction in 5E and an Action to use a combatant's reaction in 5E.

ColoradoGM
January 24th, 2023, 19:22
Is the "combatant has effect" trigger condition case sensitive? If it's looking for Grappled will it trigger on grappled?

MeAndUnique
January 24th, 2023, 20:20
Is the "combatant has effect" trigger condition case sensitive? If it's looking for Grappled will it trigger on grappled?

It directly calls the code in CoreRPG that checks for effects, which is not case-sensitive.

BlazingAzureCrow
February 27th, 2023, 02:16
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the last FG update might have broken this extension.

MeAndUnique
February 27th, 2023, 22:21
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the last FG update might have broken this extension.

What do you mean?

BushViper
February 27th, 2023, 22:27

This post is objectively useless without any context or clue about what the problem(s) is/are.

BlazingAzureCrow
February 27th, 2023, 22:29
What do you mean?

I don't use this extension a whole lot, so please tell me if I'm using it wrong in this case, but in a campaign with no other extensions included:

If I give a creature a trigger like the image below, to my knowledge, it should reroll the attack if it misses, right? I might just be doing that wrong.

But when I attack and trigger it, I get this back:

Please let me know if it's me. I've only seen the "ipairs" error since the last update, so I thought it might be related to that.

BlazingAzureCrow
February 27th, 2023, 22:33
This post is objectively useless without any context or clue about what the problem(s) is/are.

I'm aware. I don't have an exhaustive understanding of the extension, so I wanted to bring attention to having there being possible errors while I found time to put my issues together screenshot-wise, in case anyone wanted to open it up and test if theirs was working.

MeAndUnique
March 1st, 2023, 15:59
I don't use this extension a whole lot, so please tell me if I'm using it wrong in this case, but in a campaign with no other extensions included:

If I give a creature a trigger like the image below, to my knowledge, it should reroll the attack if it misses, right? I might just be doing that wrong.

But when I attack and trigger it, I get this back:

Please let me know if it's me. I've only seen the "ipairs" error since the last update, so I thought it might be related to that.

Thanks for sharing, while the Trigger Me Timbers seemed to have survived the update largely intact, indeed that is something that I need to dig in to to make sure it doesn't happen.

MeAndUnique
March 1st, 2023, 16:02
I'm aware. I don't have an exhaustive understanding of the extension, so I wanted to bring attention to having there being possible errors while I found time to put my issues together screenshot-wise, in case anyone wanted to open it up and test if theirs was working.

As a rule of thumb, as far as I am concerned none of my extensions should result in the console popping up with red [ERROR] messages. So if you ever encounter a situation where that does happen with one of my extensions loaded by itself feel free to post the error, even if you don't consider yourself an expert with the extension.

Trigger Me Timbers in particular might be a little more prone to such things, given that it is rather ambitious in nature and also currently in a preview state. Even so, I try to stay on top of fixing them when the crop up.

alvaconklin
March 23rd, 2023, 13:24
Very cool extension. One small rule nitpick, For Undead Fortitude the save is calculated as 5+damage taken. In the extension it is set up to calculate as per the concentration save rules. I couldn't find an option in the dropdown to change this.

MeAndUnique
March 29th, 2023, 15:37
Very cool extension. One small rule nitpick, For Undead Fortitude the save is calculated as 5+damage taken. In the extension it is set up to calculate as per the concentration save rules. I couldn't find an option in the dropdown to change this.

Oh, my bad. Definitely got some wires crossed there. I'll get that touched up soon, probably early next week (if I can finally get out in front of the tidal wave of real-life stuff keeping me busy) :p

Xerophilex
April 8th, 2023, 15:42
Hi! The sample triggers for 5e module doesn't seem to be working.

MrDDT
April 8th, 2023, 17:23
Hi! The sample triggers for 5e module doesn't seem to be working.

Yeah it's known, what you can do is make your own trigger and match up what it does exactly and it will work.

MeAndUnique
April 8th, 2023, 18:16
Yeah it's known, what you can do is make your own trigger and match up what it does exactly and it will work.

Huh? That was supposed to have been fixed months ago. Did it break again? (And why is it still working perfectly on my end?)

MrDDT
April 8th, 2023, 18:35
Huh? That was supposed to have been fixed months ago. Did it break again? (And why is it still working perfectly on my end?)

I will try deleting my mod and see if that fixes it for me. It's not been working this whole time for me. (and currently not)

Xerophilex
April 8th, 2023, 21:02
I have deleted the mod and updated FG but it's still not working on my end.

MeAndUnique
April 8th, 2023, 22:01
Just to make sure we're on the same page, what exactly constitutes not working? For example on my end I create a new campaign with only TMT loaded as an extension, load the TMT 5e example module, and then drag a trigger from the triggers window to the active triggers window, e.g. Death Ward. Then I create and add a couple of PCs to the CT, giving them a few hit points each. I give one PC the Death Ward effect and define a damage action for the other, ensuing it does enough damage to reduce the target to 0 hit points. I drag the damage action onto the CT entry for the PC with an effect and notice that they are instead reduced to 1 hit point and the Death Ward effect is removed.

Xerophilex
April 9th, 2023, 03:41
Nvm, it's working now. I didn't realize that there is a Triggers window and I was trying to look for them in the module window.

charmov
April 9th, 2023, 19:32
Hello there! I recently started using this EXT and it's great! I'm getting an error when I add a condition or event. After the warning I am able to toggle and add the info i need for the triggers to activate. It doesn't seem to break anything and only occurs when at the very bottom of the page and trying to add. I use lots of extensions so if you like I can try and narrow the culprit down. 57008

MeAndUnique
April 13th, 2023, 15:31
Hello there! I recently started using this EXT and it's great! I'm getting an error when I add a condition or event. After the warning I am able to toggle and add the info i need for the triggers to activate. It doesn't seem to break anything and only occurs when at the very bottom of the page and trying to add. I use lots of extensions so if you like I can try and narrow the culprit down. 57008

At a quick look I'm not seeing this, so the first thing would be to see if it still happens for you in a clean campaign without other extensions on your end.

charmov
April 13th, 2023, 19:27
At a quick look I'm not seeing this, so the first thing would be to see if it still happens for you in a clean campaign without other extensions on your end.

Here is a fresh test campaign with only TMT loaded. Error pops up when trying to dropdown the conditions menu. As mentioned earlier I don't think anything else is broken with it the triggers still work. Hope this helps!57049

Milke
April 20th, 2023, 18:48
So, it's got Core and 5E? So I can just activate the Core one ans ignore the 5E one?

Griogre
April 21st, 2023, 00:42
It's a Core Ruleset extension. Included are two *modules* with example triggers for both the Core Ruleset and 5E Ruleset. If you are using the core ruleset and any ruleset derived from it you should be able to use the extension and open the core ruleset module (including the 5E ruleset). If you don't load the 5E ruleset you probably can't load the 5E module.

MeAndUnique
April 21st, 2023, 15:58
So, it's got Core and 5E? So I can just activate the Core one ans ignore the 5E one?

Indeed as Griogre says the extension works for any system based on CoreRPG. To expound a little further the modules aren't actually necessary at all, they are only examples for setting up various Triggers. So the CoreRPG module has a couple of very generic examples to show how to do some types of general configuration without any specific ruleset or game feature in mind. The 5E module has examples that are intended to be representative of 5E-specific features, such as the Death Ward spell.

hazeyindahead
April 29th, 2023, 03:54
Could someone explain the Trigger parameters needed for 5th edition mythic encounters? The actor basically has all negative conditions removed and full heals for another encounter when brought to 0 HP.

hazeyindahead
April 29th, 2023, 20:31
I got a trigger to almost work, it just doesnt set the hitpoints to minimum level, instead it just undoes the last damage.

hazeyindahead
May 25th, 2023, 02:01
Hello, I was using a trigger for frenzy and set a dc 10 con save to be passed for staying at 1 hp but the trigger ignores the result and sets them to 1 anyways

StarDrifter
August 27th, 2023, 06:32
Whenever i make a trigger, and move it to the active triggers, it bugs out. The action says Unknown action and the actions drop down seem to reset to just being able to have 3 actions
remove effect from combatant
send chat message
use reaction

dudemic
October 14th, 2023, 20:09
Are you planning on updating this extension anytime in the near future? It would be extremely useful if it was just slightly more flexible. For example, being able to apply effects or add damage as actions would be incredible.

Not trying to pressure you of course, just identifying if I should hold out hope. :p

rocketvaultgames
November 9th, 2023, 03:06
I found a way to apply effects by combining this with Better Combat Effects Gold.

TMT can remove effects.
BCEG has EXPIREADD: which can add any effect you define when the effect is removed.

Jiminimonka
February 9th, 2024, 00:32
Got this message in the console today, in Savage Worlds ruleset.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "TriggerMeTimbers:scripts/data_trigger.lua"]:56: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)

It is too late for me to delve further and see if anything is broken, but I will tomorrow/weekend.

Thanks.

seanny
February 11th, 2024, 07:50
What steps to add effect to an actor in Combat Tracker?

I have "triggers" TAB that list for example We Hate Ones .
Then I have "active triggers" TAB that I move We Hate Ones to.

Now what do i do?

How do i add We Hate Ones to an actor in combat tracker?
Do I need to make an effect and type something into the new effect ,and then add that which I have created to Combat tracker?

I just dont get what I have to do ,is there a video for Dummies or else could the next step be explained to me please?

MrDDT
April 4th, 2024, 18:54
Created a Mod for this because some people were asking me about how to do triggers.
Load this mod and copy them into ACTIVE triggers in the top right while using TMT extension.

Death Ward

Apply the effect to creature to prevent it from dying once when it reaches 0 HP it will instead go to 1 HP and remove effect.

Death Ward

Elemental Adept - Acid

Apply the effect to creature will change 1s on damage rolls of this matching damage type to 2s

Acid Elemental Adept

Elemental Adept - Cold

Apply the effect to creature will change 1s on damage rolls of this matching damage type to 2s

Cold Elemental Adept

Elemental Adept - Fire

Fire Elemental Adept

Elemental Adept - Lightning

Lightning Elemental Adept

Elemental Adept - Thunder

Thunder Elemental Adept

Lucky

If creature has this "Trait" as Halfings do, when they roll a 1 on attack rolls, ability checks, saving throws, it will reroll those once per roll. No coding needed it detects it through traits.

Relentless Endurance

Apply the effect to creature to prevent it from dying once when it reaches 0 HP it will instead go to 1 HP and remove effect.

Relentless Endurance

Strength of the Grave

Strength of the Grave

Bonkon
April 4th, 2024, 19:31
Good Day MrDDT :)
Thank You very much for this. I am terrible at setting some of this up and really appreciate it! :)

rocketvaultgames
April 16th, 2024, 23:22
[QUOTE=MrDDT;713512]Created a Mod for this because some people were asking me about how to do triggers.
Load this mod and copy them into ACTIVE triggers in the top right while using TMT extension.

Relentless Endurance

Relentless Endurance

Sincere thanks for sharing this!

Is Relentless Endurance working for you? It doesn't seem to remove the effect for me...

I'm trying to make a chain of effects and triggers to automate the following using your Relentless Endurance as a template and I can't seem to get it to care about the result of the saving throw (it always keeps him at 1 hp), nor remove the effect.

"If Algoran would drop to 0 hit points while he's raging and doesn’t die outright, he can make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw. If he succeeds, he drops to 1 hit point instead and can use his reaction to make a weapon attack."

Each time he uses this feature, the DC increases by 5. When he finishes a rest, the DC resets to 10."

I will use EXPIREADD to chain effects to increase the DC.

If you could shed any light on what I might be doing wrong it would be very much appreciated.

MrDDT
April 17th, 2024, 00:25
[QUOTE=MrDDT;713512]Created a Mod for this because some people were asking me about how to do triggers.

Relentless Endurance

Relentless Endurance

Sincere thanks for sharing this!

Is Relentless Endurance working for you? It doesn't seem to remove the effect for me...

I'm trying to make a chain of effects and triggers to automate the following using your Relentless Endurance as a template and I can't seem to get it to care about the result of the saving throw (it always keeps him at 1 hp), nor remove the effect.

"If Algoran would drop to 0 hit points while he's raging and doesn’t die outright, he can make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw. If he succeeds, he drops to 1 hit point instead and can use his reaction to make a weapon attack."

Each time he uses this feature, the DC increases by 5. When he finishes a rest, the DC resets to 10."

I will use EXPIREADD to chain effects to increase the DC.

If you could shed any light on what I might be doing wrong it would be very much appreciated.

Yes Relentless Endurance is working perfectly.

I looked at your stuff and tested it and TMT throws an error trying use the format you got there throwing saves.