PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 2 - Secrets of Magic - Functionality and DLC issues

Trenloe
April 5th, 2022, 15:32
If you have any technical issues with the Pathfinder Second Edition Secrets of Magic DLC product please discuss/report them here.

Available in the FG store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2108FG

Secrets of Magic required the most ruleset code changes than any other Pathfinder 2 FG product, other than the initial release of the Core Rules. As this is a DLC product, and the code has to go hand-in-hand with the release, it made it more difficult to test and coordinate updates than normal. As such, I expect there to be some edge cases that we didn't catch in testing - please report any issues in this thread.

The main areas of the new code are related to the two new classes - magus and summoner.

Both the magus and summoner have a new spell progression, where spell slots from earlier levels are no longer available. This first starts at level 5. FG will remove the ability to prepare those spells, but won't hide the spells themselves - this allows the player to move them to available spell slots at a higher level if desired.

Summoner and eidolon

This is where most of the code changes/additions have taken place. Some of the below is awaiting a code update later on the day of release.

. Ability to link a PC - for initiative sharing and other functionality. Expanded for Eidolon, limited functionality for companion and familiar (more to come in future releases).
. Reduced functionality character sheet for eidolon
- the 4 steps of character creation are removed from the chargen tracker and the base 6 abilities can be set directly from the tracker.
- Ancestry and Dedication feat button removed. Class button shows feats with the "eidolon" trait.
- HP is synced to the base PC.
- Skill proficiencies are linked to the base PC.
. Damage is applied based off the most damage if both the PC and eidolon are targeted. Healing sync to most healing when both the PC and eidolon are targeted with healing to come soon.
. New PC automation - [EIDOLON ADD ...] allows the creation of the linked eidolon with the initial ability scores set. AC to come soon.

Future developments

. Add eidolon to the CT when the base PC is added.
. Shared healing when both PC and eidolon targeted with healing.
. Add AC and Dex cap to [EIDOLON ADD ...] PC automation.
. Expand chargen tracker messaging to give better guidance for players.
. More robust coding for PC linking when a player removes the link manually.

Gotchas

. There were no class kits in the Secrets of Magic product.
. Most eidolon information has to be manually entered once FG creates the linked eidolon character sheet. This will be automated more in the coming weeks.

Trenloe
Secrets of Magic - Release Overview: https://youtu.be/yIyTm-07ITQ

Summoner character creation: https://youtu.be/eqaZdTEkiJE

Trenloe
Known issues:

Lore skills aren't currently synced fully from a summoner to their linked eidolon - manually create the lore skill on the eidolon and the skill proficiency will then sync.

Fixed issues:

When a linked eidolon is first created the links to the summoner PC aren't fully setup. A session restart fully creates these links.
Spell damage not using shared pool.

Trenloe
Reserved 2.

Farnaby
April 5th, 2022, 17:43
Weird X symbol in the casting column.

If I missed an update regarding this, sorry.

Trenloe
April 5th, 2022, 17:54
Weird X symbol in the casting column.

If I missed an update regarding this, sorry.
Looks like you're running a font extension and that font doesn't include the PF2 action symbols.

Farnaby
April 5th, 2022, 20:37
This just happened after purchasing and loading the Secrets of Magic module.
It was not the case yesterday.
I will try out unloading the module and extensions.

[edit] found it, it's the extension "font - no to weather (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/348/view)"

Trenloe
April 6th, 2022, 02:53
Videos added to post #2 - Product overview and summoner character creation.

mwfantasygrounds
April 6th, 2022, 03:52
I think Thunderous Strike damage multiplier should be set to Odd CLs instead of SL for damage; otherwise it doesn't automatically increase its sonic damage as you raise the Caster Level for the Magus Conflux Spells focus spell class.

Trenloe
April 6th, 2022, 04:23
I think Thunderous Strike damage multiplier should be set to Odd CLs instead of SL for damage; otherwise it doesn't automatically increase its sonic damage as you raise the Caster Level for the Magus Conflux Spells focus spell class.
Thanks for reporting, I'll let the dev know.

ShadeRaven
April 6th, 2022, 13:53
Focus Spells that had Spell Level (in some form) as a part of their Heightening process have been fixed to use the appropriate Caster Level field instead (OCL typically). This should get Hotfixed fairly soon. This is also reflected in some of the focus spells that use EFFECTS, such as Lifelink Surge.

For anyone who's already used these spells, you can update them by hand (simple change the spell level field within the spell's actions) or by removing the older version and updating it with the corrected spell (once this update has been implemented).

xazil
April 6th, 2022, 14:32
I had a player create a summoner up to level 8 and after putting it in the combat tracker we were testing it out and I managed to set it off where the hp of the summoner and the eidolon started to flip back and forth between each other and continued to be bugged out after reboots and unlinked and relinking them together.

Trenloe
April 6th, 2022, 14:52
I had a player create a summoner up to level 8 and after putting it in the combat tracker we were testing it out and I managed to set it off where the hp of the summoner and the eidolon started to flip back and forth between each other and continued to be bugged out after reboots and unlinked and relinking them together.
Please ZIP up your campaign and attach it to the thread. If the ZIP file is too large to attach, upload it to cloud storage and provide the link. Thanks.

Montis
April 8th, 2022, 10:07

Just wanted to inject that this might be part of a different issue we had last Sunday, which I detailed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=646762&viewfull=1#post646762

xazil
April 9th, 2022, 10:31
Please ZIP up your campaign and attach it to the thread. If the ZIP file is too large to attach, upload it to cloud storage and provide the link. Thanks.

I did some further testing without being able to replicate the issue until I had the player connect again. The player attempted to change their HP with a scroll wheel on their character sheet and the issue started again. Once the player disconnected the issue went away again.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2022, 10:43
I did some further testing without being able to replicate the issue until I had the player connect again. The player attempted to change their HP with a scroll wheel on their character sheet and the issue started again. Once the player disconnected the issue went away again.
Please provide exact steps to reproduce the issue.

xazil
April 9th, 2022, 11:48
I was testing the character by myself without issue including linking/relinking etc. and it was behaving as expected. I asked the player to connect again and there were still no issues. I then did damage from a spell to just the summoner and both were damaged the correct amount. I then targeted both with electric arc from another player and cast then damaged which look like it worked. At that time the player said he adjusted his wounds on his character sheet via mouse wheel. At that time the issue reoccured with the both hp amounts updating themselves every half second or so flipping back and forth more and more strangely.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2022, 18:15
I was testing the character by myself without issue including linking/relinking etc. and it was behaving as expected. I asked the player to connect again and there were still no issues. I then did damage from a spell to just the summoner and both were damaged the correct amount. I then targeted both with electric arc from another player and cast then damaged which look like it worked. At that time the player said he adjusted his wounds on his character sheet via mouse wheel. At that time the issue reoccured with the both hp amounts updating themselves every half second or so flipping back and forth more and more strangely.
I can't recreate this. Please provide a copy of your campaign data - ZIP up your campaign and attach it to the thread. If the ZIP file is too large to attach, upload it to cloud storage and provide the link. Thanks.

xazil
April 10th, 2022, 15:14
Here you go with the images removed. Note that as I said I couldn't replicate this myself either, only with the player connected.

Trenloe
April 10th, 2022, 16:58
Here you go with the images removed. Note that as I said I couldn't replicate this myself either, only with the player connected.
I can now recreate - thanks for reporting the issue, providing the campaign files and the steps to recreate. Now, to work out what's going on!

mwfantasygrounds
April 18th, 2022, 22:15
The Secrets of Magic module erroneously gives the Magus a General Feat at 6th/9th/12th/etc. levels, instead of 7th/11th/etc.

ShadeRaven
April 19th, 2022, 16:47
The Secrets of Magic module erroneously gives the Magus a General Feat at 6th/9th/12th/etc. levels, instead of 7th/11th/etc.Yikes! Fixed, and going in as a hotfix asap.

dsaraujo
April 28th, 2022, 17:34
The Impactful Rune is misclassified with <type> (i.e., Category) Rune instead of Runes.

MaxAstro
April 30th, 2022, 19:03
Looks like something similar was reported already, but I'm definitely seeing some weirdness with linked HP for eidolons. I tried manually typing in a wound amount in the combat tracker and the damage... flickers? Appears and vanishes very quickly. Gets worse when I try to delete the damage with backspace.

Do you need another save file or do you have this issue on lock already?

Trenloe
April 30th, 2022, 21:05
Looks like something similar was reported already, but I'm definitely seeing some weirdness with linked HP for eidolons. I tried manually typing in a wound amount in the combat tracker and the damage... flickers? Appears and vanishes very quickly. Gets worse when I try to delete the damage with backspace.

Do you need another save file or do you have this issue on lock already?
I can reproduce the issue, just working on a reliable fix is taking longer than I anticipated. Thanks for reporting the issue.

prknickspr
May 30th, 2022, 01:09
I created a summoner, and when joining the game the following week, my eidolon was not linked. I went through the step of adding it through the summoner's character sheet, but only the HP would sync. The skills would not, and the damage was dealt twice when hit with an aoe spell. I also noticed that the link symbol by the hp was no longer there.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2022, 15:52
I created a summoner, and when joining the game the following week, my eidolon was not linked. I went through the step of adding it through the summoner's character sheet, but only the HP would sync. The skills would not, and the damage was dealt twice when hit with an aoe spell. I also noticed that the link symbol by the hp was no longer there.
Please export the character XML for both the Summoner and the Eidolon - there's a blue arrow in the top right of the tracker window that will export the XML. Then attach that XML here. I'll take a look why this is happening.

prknickspr
June 1st, 2022, 03:14
Please export the character XML for both the Summoner and the Eidolon - there's a blue arrow in the top right of the tracker window that will export the XML. Then attach that XML here. I'll take a look why this is happening.

There you go. Appreciate you looking at this, Trenloe!

xazil
September 1st, 2022, 06:22
I can now recreate - thanks for reporting the issue, providing the campaign files and the steps to recreate. Now, to work out what's going on!

The HP issue resolved itself until recently but has been reoccuring again. Same campaign just advanced along with further play.

Trenloe
September 1st, 2022, 14:49
The HP issue resolved itself until recently but has been reoccuring again. Same campaign just advanced along with further play.
There's been no changes to the ruleset code released into live to fix this. I have a fix in the pipeline, but need to wait for the release of the current CoreRPG updates in the beta test channel.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2022, 18:37
The Eidolon HP sync issue should have been fixed in the ruleset release three days ago: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75050-Release-Updates-for-September-6th-2022&p=662363&viewfull=1#post662363

mwfantasygrounds
November 22nd, 2023, 23:18
Instant Armor Spell - missing Conjuration and Metal traits.

Trenloe
November 23rd, 2023, 08:24
Instant Armor Spell - missing Conjuration and Metal traits.
Thanks for reporting, we'll get that fixed soon.