PDA

View Full Version : Alt-tabbing

osarusan
September 30th, 2007, 13:54
I'm having issues whenever I alt-tab when using Fantasy Grounds, and I wanted to see if I'm the only one, or if anyone has a work around to this?

I like to use a couple of programs while gaming, including for music, or websites for looking up rules and such... but alt-tabbing doesn't work properly with FG; once you tab-out, you can't get back in except for by minimizing every other window. It's a hassle. :-(

Does anyone know of a workaround to this?

Sorontar
September 30th, 2007, 14:30
Are you playing in windowed or full screen?

Personally I play in windowed, extend it and don't have any issues but having just tried it in full screen that runs fine as well.

VgnFrnd
September 30th, 2007, 15:47
I wanted to see if I'm the only one

FGII also behaves this way for me.

Griogre
September 30th, 2007, 23:06
FG does not alt tab well. It never has. Sometimes you will lose focus and have to window and unwindow a time or two to get it back.

Tokuriku
October 1st, 2007, 00:22
I personnaly window FG and size it to fill the screen but leave only the windows tabs poking out from the bottom. It takes unsignificant space and makes reaching your favorite software very convenient.

Comming from another window, if you only click on the FG window, it does not sink well as Giogre just mentioned. You can click stuff inside but the chat box is not accessible. I prefer to click on the windows tab first, then do what I have to do in FG.

Valarian
October 1st, 2007, 12:14
I've not had any problems using ALT-TAB to switch between FG and other application windows. However, if you just use the mouse to go back to the FG window this doesn't work properly. I've found I have to use ALT-TAB to return to FG.

Callum
October 5th, 2007, 17:31
My experience is the same as Valarian's - I have to use ALT+TAB to switch in and out of FG, or it doesn't work properly.