PDA

View Full Version : Sir][_,([])][_, ask's about: Error Code 14

SirLOL
September 30th, 2007, 02:51
:) SirL:D L:) here once again:

ok I just Dled the demo in hopes of awsomeness and only ran into a creature called Error Code 14, whats up with this vile beast?

Feel free to write to my email.

Oberoten
September 30th, 2007, 07:32
:) SirL:D L:) here once again:

ok I just Dled the demo in hopes of awsomeness and only ran into a creature called Error Code 14, whats up with this vile beast?

Feel free to write to my email.

To find out what manner of strange beast plagues you, we shall first need to divine what attracts it unto you. So prey tell, what is your system configuration? Yon' graphics adapter, yon OS and of course any other paraphernalia that might influence. Have you partaken in the lastest ritual of updating for your components and the directX that binds them together?

SirLOL
September 30th, 2007, 21:29
148+gb free space, and...(I cant remember on what to type to pull up all that info from the run tool. something like diogsomething something....erm I should by all means be able to run the thing. Well I will have to check on my laptop too. I also want to know if I can make my own maps and adventures? Since mine seem to be the best over all...theres a few good ones but I havent seen any in a while.

Oberoten
September 30th, 2007, 22:29
In more plain text, we will need to know what graphics board you have, how much memory and if you have the latest drivers. Which version of windows you are running. ( FG does not per example run om VMs. )

VenomousFiligree
October 1st, 2007, 01:26
...I cant remember on what to type to pull up all that info from the run tool. something like diogsomething something...dxdiag :)

...I also want to know if I can make my own maps and adventures?...
Oh yes!

:)
MB

SirLOL
October 1st, 2007, 04:41
MurghBpurn
Esquire

Dude/or et. you rock I love your attitude. and here comes the info for the DT

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/30/2007, 20:35:54
Machine name: HOME
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: L500cx
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~490MHz
Memory: 318MB RAM
Page File: 329MB used, 444MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

I have more info but I doubt its nesssary.

Oberoten
October 1st, 2007, 06:32
Okay. This is what I need you to do :

Rightclick "My Computer" go to properties, click on the hardware tab, then select "Device Manager" go to "graphics adapter" expand that one and tell me what the name there is.

It is possible that your graphics board is not fully DirectX 9 compatible in which case FG won't run without changing it.

Mellock
October 1st, 2007, 11:13
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: L500cx
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~490MHz

This is one old Dell Dimension L500cx. I think they simply used the onboard video from the motherboard.

SirLOL
October 1st, 2007, 12:46
+Display Adapter
Intel(R) 82810e Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)

{is that to what you were refering?}

SirLOL
October 1st, 2007, 12:49
I dont know hardware. I am learning. What I dont know there I make up for knolledge in game software and bug/ finding and fixing. LMAO. Even to the point its so obvious to me that even at the begining of a game it seems to talk to me about who what when and where it is...lol.

SirLOL
March 7th, 2009, 01:26
necro because I never got an answer