PDA

View Full Version : 5E Campaign Creation Question

Baron28
March 29th, 2022, 19:45
Hello,

I have been a customer/end user of Fantasy Grounds since 2015. For those of you who have seen me on the forums know that my original dive using FGC as a GM was to convert some old school 1E Adventures to 5E. For those curious, the list can be view in my Signature below. With the advent of FGU, I "upgraded" my KotB 1E to 5E conversion. This took hours to setup as I'm sure those of you who have used the tools know how tedious the process is to create walls, lighting, etc.

I purchased Tales of the Yawning Portal to avoid making this same "upgrade" to White Plume Mountain and Against the Giants, but what to do about the Drow series, D1-D3? (Queen of the Demonweb Pits I did on my own as it was the first adventure I ran in FGU and I wanted to go through the exercise of "upgrading" it at the time. I'm sure with the improvements to FGU since, I will have more improvements to make.)

I see that the Drow Series is available for sale but for the 2E ruleset. Now that I have provided the necessary background comes the question.

Is it possible to create a new campaign using the 5E ruleset, open up my home 1E to 5E conversion mod file and the 2E mod file to combine my content with the 2E maps into this new campaign? I know I would have to go into the maps and re-pin the maps with the content I'm providing and then save this new campaign as a mod file. As I'm sure you have guessed, I do not want to go through the exercise of "upgrading" the maps to FGU. The $30 to buy the FGU maps in mind is worth the time saved.

Your answers and thoughts are appreciated.

LordEntrails
March 29th, 2022, 20:36
It's possible if you load and use the Universal Modules extension. But make sure you understand the caveats with it by reading the thread.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/266/view

Baron28
March 29th, 2022, 21:59
It's possible if you load and use the Universal Modules extension. But make sure you understand the caveats with it by reading the thread.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/266/view

Thank you for the lead. I've downloaded and installed this extension. With what I'm looking to do, this should do the trick!