PDA

View Full Version : Token backgrounds/colors

Sgain
September 28th, 2007, 19:20
Hi all;

In my first experience with FG as a DM my group (which uses the Savage Worlds rules) found one rather irritating problem; it was hard to tell who was 'Shaken' (its a condition caused by various things that basically means the character needs to become 'unshaken' to fight, or if wounded again could become incapacitated or killed).

I think it would be very cool if I could change the token to Shaken status with a right click of my mouse as DM (much like setting it invisible), perhaps changing the 'reach' color to represent the shaken status.

In my own PnP games we use Pennies for shaken, nickels for 1 wound, dimes for 2 wounds and quarters for 3 or incapacitated (or we knock the unfortunates miniture over).

I figure FG could use 'yellow' for shaken, orange for 1 wound, red for 2 wounds and black/grey 3 wounds or incapacitated. I think this would really speed up the games and make it more apparent who is shaken or not (which is really vital in combat).

any ideas?

Oberoten
September 29th, 2007, 06:43
Why not use the "Alignment" box where you can drop a red. green or yellow face into? It'll kind of create a border under the token to show which "team" they are on (Hostile, friendly, Neutral) But that is usually pretty clear anyways...

Sgain
September 29th, 2007, 07:10
That alignment box isn't very big, and it isn't easily seen all the time, I would prefer that it changed the entire token underlay to its color, that way there would be no doubt.

Sgain
September 30th, 2007, 00:30
Oh and I forgot to mention; Scale!!! I want to be able to set tokens size/scale on the map, the whole sillyness of adding it to the init tracker to change its token scale just wastes a lot of time! In SW I can have tons of enemies and I don't want to give them all separate initiatives, but I do want to give them unique tags and set their scales, and unless they are added to the init tracker I can't which takes up a ton of space on the thing and makes it confusing to look at.

VenomousFiligree
September 30th, 2007, 08:27
Oh and I forgot to mention; Scale!!! I want to be able to set tokens size/scale on the map, the whole sillyness of adding it to the init tracker to change its token scale just wastes a lot of time! In SW I can have tons of enemies and I don't want to give them all separate initiatives, but I do want to give them unique tags and set their scales, and unless they are added to the init tracker I can't which takes up a ton of space on the thing and makes it confusing to look at.

Yes, this annoys me too. Goes against the Savage Worlds way of handling extras, ie one iniative card for a group :mad: