PDA

View Full Version : Need tokens for fleshing out locations

PerfectConsumer
March 23rd, 2022, 14:24
I am about to running the Waterdeep modules and am not super familiar with art assets, and was hoping someone who is a subscriber could help me pinpoint the two types of content I am looking for.

I would very much like to have floor scratches to provide visual hints for the super hard to detect secret doors all over Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I will make them more transparent, but don't know which pack to get. Is there something like that for setting textures of door drag scratches in the forge?

Also, when characters visit taverns or public spaces in town, I'd love to know if there is an easy way to fill taverns with tokens of various commoners, or other themed types of varied NPC tokens. Anything like that out there?

Thanks, and forgive my ignorance.

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2022, 15:00
There's some terrain objects in Shockbolt Gamemasters pack which comes free with Unity (I think). Go into Assets > Images and search Shock. There's various floor markings in 'terrain objects'.

There's hundreds of token packs in the store. If you set the filter to Token Pack and then search for commoner you'll get a few hits. But there's probably plenty more if you have the patience to go through them all.

LordEntrails
March 23rd, 2022, 16:44
Be aware, if you add too many commoners as tokens (and not as image stamps) to taverns you can run into performance issues because they all get calculated for LOS. Probably won't be a problem, but if you try to fill something lie the Yawning portal wit dozens of commoners, you can have issues depending upon your PC hardware.

That also means you will want to add your floor scratches as stamps and not tokens as well (plus for other reasons as well).