PDA

View Full Version : Stun Relief Spell - How do you guys play this?

Rainbird
March 20th, 2022, 22:56
Hello All - I've been asked by a player if they can cast Stun Relief spells on PCs prior to going into combat - basically buffing them for combat. Certain herbs allow PCs to shake off the 1st stun effects and I wondered if I've been too strict with this type of spell.

General question - how do people play this?

Thanks - Rainbird

Dakadin
March 21st, 2022, 00:01
I don't see them as buff spells so I wouldn't allow casting them ahead of time. They are instantaneous and subconscious spells so they can be casts quickly in combat as needed though even by the stunned character.

JohnD
March 21st, 2022, 15:19
IIRC the descriptions all reference removing or negating stun; you can't remove or negate something before it's acting upon you.

Rainbird
March 21st, 2022, 18:37
Thanks for the replies.

Regards - Rainbird

JohnD
March 25th, 2022, 16:53
As I think about it a bit more, there could always be a magic item - helm, armor, ring, whatever... that automatically and immediately negates 'x' round(s) of stun. That would be a pricey object to have.

strubbel
March 25th, 2022, 19:24
Not that expensive might be a daily item with "Stun relief I" for critical situatiuons.

Rainbird
March 27th, 2022, 21:45
I'm going with the magic item approach for non spell user stun relief. With the odd rare herb acting as a simulant to negate 1 or 2 rnd(s) of stun over a 10min (or so) period.

Thanks - Rainbird