PDA

View Full Version : FGU causes entire screen to flash after Version 4.1.15 (2022-03)

Nebs
March 18th, 2022, 00:44
After updating FGU to 4.1.15 from 4.1.14 today, FGU is causing my entire monitor to flicker when opened. Sometimes it will stop, but it isn't clear when it will stop and when it will continue. It happens on the launcher and continues when a Campaign is loaded.

My monitor is a 3440x1440 display. I tried it at 100hz (where I usually have it set) and at 60hz refresh rate (which matches my other 2 connected monitors). The display is G-SYNC enabled, but I don't have the feature enabled. When I drag FG to another monitor, the flickering stops, so it's only happening on my primary display (the 3440x1440 one). I play weekly, and did not have the issue prior to the 4.1.15 update.

I recorded the behavior from my phone, but I don't recommend viewing it unless you're having trouble visualizing what I'm talking about because it is a fairly rapidly flickering display and will likely give you a headache like it did me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13kXKhJwRepiRUGlrk8QwdmZGGgBXsPzP/view?usp=sharing

Moon Wizard
March 18th, 2022, 01:18
There's nothing related to the graphics display capabilities that was changed in the last few versions. My guess is that either a graphics driver or graphics "optimizer" program (NVidia driver, NVidia GeForce Experience, Radeon equivalents, etc.) is overriding the defined graphic behaviors in the application. Try going into your any graphics settings that are changing application behaviors (frame rates, antialiasing, etc.) and tell the driver to respect the application defaults.

Regards,
JPG