PDA

View Full Version : Writing your own affects etc

Jankomatic
March 17th, 2022, 15:22
I couldn't find a pre-built button for anything on the Mercurial magic table.

85 gives you a psychic shield that gives 2 to AC and Will saves.

AC seems easy, I can not get the save to work for just Will. I can do all saves +2, but can't figure out the syntax for just one type. Is there a list of all these commands somewhere?

Psychic Shield; AC: 2; SAVE: 2 WILLPOWER I have tried lots of combinations of will, willpower, WILL, WILLPOWER.

Lastly, since I just added this effect is at the very bottom. Is there a way to move it to another position in the list?

So move it from the bottom to like the 2nd spot in the list5203352032?

Pic attached.

leozelig
March 18th, 2022, 19:46
Good questions. The correct syntax for the save bonus is ‘SAVE: 2 willpower’. It looks like you tried that, so I’m not sure why it didn’t work. All I can think of is to confirm that spelling and punctuation (colons and semi-colons) are correct and the effect has been applied to your character in the combat tracker.

Changing the order of actions does not have a simple solution. The “easiest” solution is to edit the db.xml file for your campaign directly (create a backup copy of the db file first!). Each action has an order number associated with it. It would be nice if you could drag the actions up/down the list but not possible. Personally I feel like DCC went way overboard on spell complexity. It’s really hard to look at some of the spells - for example, blessing has 28 or 29 actions associated with it.

Anyway… My personal preference for mercurial magic is to create a separate power and name the group ‘Mercurial Magic’ or whatever. Filing through all those spell actions is hard enough already ;)

Tabarkus
March 20th, 2022, 14:41
Yeah, I can confirm that the Save: # willpower or fortitude or reflex are currently not working; I know they were just recently. The Save: # still works but the type designator is broken for all 3 saving throw types.

leozelig
March 20th, 2022, 16:30
very strange, I haven’t changed that part of the ruleset for quite some time

leozelig
March 21st, 2022, 11:31
I did add concentration which triggers a Will save. That must have disrupted something- I will get it fixed in the next update.