PDA

View Full Version : Usability suggestions for your Calendar feature.

Sumptin
September 25th, 2007, 17:15
I was very excited when I first viewed the calendar with all the active campaigns. It seemed like dozens of games were active! After clicking through them I found that most hadn't had any activity in several months and while many players applied, they were left without answers.

My first suggestion is to add an activity timer where after said period the campaign is flagged inactive. I'd suggest a month, as if the DM/GM hasn't bothered to update the play times, etc for over a month they most likely aren't actively watching the calendar (if they are even still holding the campaign).

This would make it easier for us to connect and find active games. I don't want to just blanket-apply to everyone and see which ones respond as I feel that's a disservice to the active campaigns.

A secondary feature would be the ability to show a "completion rating" for DM's and players. This way someone knows if a DM or Player is going to stick around for the long haul.

If time is an issue, I'd be glad to help.

Valarian
September 26th, 2007, 11:37
As a GM, It'd be nice to be able to remove the campaign from the calendar once it was concluded. Unfortunately, we can't do this as yet.

Sumptin
September 26th, 2007, 20:14
Ah, understood. Good to know it's not just because folks are abandoning their campaigns ;)

Griogre
September 26th, 2007, 23:59
It's actually worse than it looks too, because you are only seeing the "public" campaigns. There are private campaigns too which are not visible. Right now the only thing you can do when you finish a campaign is turn it private. The campaigns are still there though - they just can't be seen.

Sgain
September 27th, 2007, 16:44
Also newest ones are on the bottom of the list...