PDA

View Full Version : Image Loading Problem for Players

Hussar
March 8th, 2022, 01:03
I am having massive problems. Multiple players cannot see the character selection window, or, if they get their character selected, only see red X's when images load. I am including my log, as well as that of two of the players.

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2022, 01:32
From looking at the logs, it looks like the GM client is receiving file and other requests; but that they are not being received by the players. This means that something outside of the application is intercepting, blocking or throttling the network connection or the network data.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1981349889/Network+Troubleshooting

If it's more than one player, then I would start looking at the GM side of things first.

Regards,
JPG

Hussar
March 8th, 2022, 04:33
Thing is, things were fine for months. Nothing has really changed. We did have a similar problem to this some months ago. Then, without warning, it fixed itself. We assumed that something in one of the updates sorting things. Unfortunately things have reappeared.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2022, 08:51
Over a period of months everything on your computer has changed; windows updates, anti virus updates, driver updates, java updates, numerous other software and firmware updates. Make sure that you have refreshed your exceptions in your anti virus - if you are using Windows Defender make sure that there's not several exceptions. If there is then delete them all and create a new one.

Hussar
March 8th, 2022, 10:11
Over a period of months everything on your computer has changed; windows updates, anti virus updates, driver updates, java updates, numerous other software and firmware updates. Make sure that you have refreshed your exceptions in your anti virus - if you are using Windows Defender make sure that there's not several exceptions. If there is then delete them all and create a new one.

Sorry, really not terribly computer literate. Could you break that down a little bit more please?

I am using Windows Defender. I do not know what an exception is and I do not know what "them" I should delete and what "one" I should create.

Trenloe
March 8th, 2022, 15:16
Sorry, really not terribly computer literate. Could you break that down a little bit more please?

I am using Windows Defender. I do not know what an exception is and I do not know what "them" I should delete and what "one" I should create.
See step 2 in the troubleshooting article Moon Wizard linked in post #2.

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2022, 16:12
If going through the Steps in Moon's article doesn't solve, also check to make sure your network is set to Private. Windows updates are known to change that sometimes. Here's how to do that; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/73866/how-to-change-network-settings-from-public-to-priv.html

And, if you are having trouble with any of these steps, you can post back here, or try the Support channel in Discord and see who might be available to help you real-time; https://discord.com/channels/274582899045695488/692116657858150410

Hussar
March 16th, 2022, 05:04
Thanks for the help folks. It did turn out that it was my crappy internet connection. Sigh. Thanks.