PDA

View Full Version : Another connection issue....

spong2
September 25th, 2007, 01:18
Hi,

I've been trying to get my players to connect to my server with no success. The played keep getting the 'cannot find server' message. I've researched all that I can about ports etc and am still stuck :(

A little more information about my system:

Linksys BEFSR41 router: with only 1 pc (mine) connected to it. The other cable connected is for when my brother occasionally connects his laptop to it.

Norton Antivirus 2006: I think the issue is with this but I can't figure out how to configure it correctly. This has a firewall included with it but doesn't seem to have many options to customise it.

No static IP address.

The windows firewall is kept disabled.

I would greatly appreciate any input on this and I apologise for going over old ground once again!

Thanks!

tenkar
September 25th, 2007, 01:54
Check the networking fax here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=networking

It may be some help for you.

edit: FAQ even ;)

GoOrange
September 25th, 2007, 04:15
Are you forwarding the port 1802? Go to portforward.com for specific instructions based on your make and model router. This is a very common problem for people with connectivity issues in server mode.

NortonAV 2006 doesn't have a firewall. Norton Internet Security 2006 had a firewall, and you should be able to go to the firewall options/configuration page and find a tab for programs and be able to allow Fantasy Grounds to run.

First thing though is to make sure your forwarding the port correctly.