PDA

View Full Version : Delay with next update - Covid has hit this house.

MadBeardMan
March 5th, 2022, 18:35
Hi All,

My entire family (except the bringer of doom, ie my eldest) are currently positive for Covid.

Today is the first day since Tuesday I've done something other than sweat, go ouch (when I swallow) or 'ouch' when I move my head. So I'm playing catchup with everything and looking after the other two who are in the middle/start of it all.

Once this gets over the line, I'll be straight onto the NPC updates.

Bear with me,
Cheers
MBM

jharp
March 6th, 2022, 02:08
Were you vaccinated?

Valarian
March 6th, 2022, 07:47
Were you vaccinated?
The vaccine doesn't prevent you getting COVID. It reduces the chance of developing serious illness and disease. You're more likely to get COVID asymptomatically or with mild symptoms, like a bad head and sore throat. You can still spread COVID while asymptomatic which is why wearing a mask is still a good idea, to protect those around you when you go to shops and other indoor venues.

viresanimi
March 6th, 2022, 08:29
Get well soon!

RexCelestis
March 6th, 2022, 12:55
Best wishes for a full and quick recovery!

bmos
March 6th, 2022, 12:56
I hope your recovery goes smoothly MadBeardMan!

MadBeardMan
March 6th, 2022, 12:57
Were you vaccinated?

Yep. Both vaccines, and boosted just before Xmas.

I heard a friend has lost a friend in a similar position due to contracting it. The missus isn't doing so great at the moment.

Anyway I'm not too bad at all, just feels like coming out of a cold.

Cheers,
MBM

jharp
March 6th, 2022, 13:46
Yep. Both vaccines, and boosted just before Xmas.

I heard a friend has lost a friend in a similar position due to contracting it. The missus isn't doing so great at the moment.

Anyway I'm not too bad at all, just feels like coming out of a cold.

Cheers,
MBM

Well look after that missus and both get better soon.

Jason

adzling
March 6th, 2022, 15:58
Gluck and all the best to your family mbm.

You're not allowed to pick up your keyboard until your entire family is better!

Jiminimonka
March 6th, 2022, 17:48
Were you vaccinated?

Really none of anyone's business.

bmos
March 6th, 2022, 18:28
Really none of anyone's business.Debatable, although this isn't the forum for it.

Jiminimonka
March 6th, 2022, 19:35
Debatable, although this isn't the forum for it.

Exactly.

jharp
March 6th, 2022, 21:02
Really none of anyone's business.

Given that MBM decided to detail reasons for the delay its not that unexpected for the question to be asked. He didn't seem to have any issue with the question so I can't imagine why you would.

He could have said none of my business but instead replied in the affirmative. You seem hurt by a question that was not directed to you in any way but maybe it is "Tell me you aren't vaccinated without saying you are not vaccinated.". Either way, sorry I hurt your feelings Jiminimonka.

Jason

Jiminimonka
March 6th, 2022, 21:05
Given that MBM decided to detail reasons for the delay its not that unexpected for the question to be asked. He didn't seem to have any issue with the question so I can't imagine why you would.

He could have said none of my business but instead replied in the affirmative. You seem hurt by a question that was not directed to you in any way but maybe it is "Tell me you aren't vaccinated without saying you are not vaccinated.". Either way, sorry I hurt your feelings Jiminimonka.

Jason

He could have, but he didn't. Still doesn't make it none of anyone's business but MBM. I am not hurt, you are just rude.

EDIT: I won't be engaging in this subject anymore. MBM made a post for people that play Traveller.

Trenloe
March 6th, 2022, 21:07
If you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread then please don't post anything. Thanks.

Note: this post is aimed at everyone.

jharp
March 6th, 2022, 21:07
He could have, but he didn't. Still doesn't make it none of anyone's business but MBM. I am not hurt, you are just rude.

EDIT: I won't be engaging in this subject anymore. MBM made a post for people that play Traveller.

Wow. You do seem hurt given such a simple question.

Jason

Grommit57
March 7th, 2022, 17:40
Take care of yourself and the family first. Get better!

rcruk
March 7th, 2022, 22:22
Hope you all pull through safely, and soon MBM.

Best of health, to you and your family.

Kind regards,
rcruk

Cuirassier
March 10th, 2022, 03:16
Wishing you and your family a speedy and full recovery.