PDA

View Full Version : Winnowing Pursuits - search and filter your sheets!

anathemort
March 3rd, 2022, 23:06
Introducing Winnowing Pursuits, the extension to add text search and filters for your sheets!

This extension is renamed and improved from Inventory Search (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70025-Inventory-Search), and is a drop-in replacement. Your Forge subscription should stay the same but you'll need to enable the extension for your campaign with this new name!

You can find the extension on the forge, here:
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/177/view

Winnowing Pursuits adds text-based (case-insensitive) search and filter dropdowns for character inventory and action lists. It also provides a text-based search for the party inventory, available to the GM as well as players if the campaign option is enabled. You can also turn inventory and action filters on or off in the options; if all filter options are disabled, the dropdown is hidden to free up space!

Winnowing Pursuits (https://gitlab.com/anathemort/FGWinnowingPursuits) is part of the Fantasy Grounds Unofficial Developers Guild (https://gitlab.com/fantasy-grounds-unofficial-developers-guild). Please use GitLab or this thread for reporting any issues, thanks!

nephranka
March 15th, 2022, 00:42
Looks to be a conflict with Damned's Trust issues and this ext. Search does not work and the filter is blank. I will be posting in that thread as well.

anathemort
March 15th, 2022, 18:51
Unfortunately that is a closed-source extension so I can't really investigate the conflict. Hopefully damned will reach out and we can find a solution together.

nephranka
March 15th, 2022, 18:53
Unfortunately that is a closed-source extension so I can't really investigate the conflict. Hopefully damned will reach out and we can find a solution together.

Thanks for looking into this. It is strange as it affects the inventory tab but not the actions tab...

anathemort
April 29th, 2022, 21:08
Winnowing Pursuits has been updated to v2.0.1:
* Resolved adventure logs compatibility when using Friend Zone (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/170/view)

kevininrussia
May 4th, 2022, 05:16
New Filter request if possible. :-)

Potions
Scrolls

Currently they are both listed under Magical, but many times my players need to look just for some potion to drink or a scroll to use and Magical can get a little cluttered with other stuff.

I'm using 4e. Currently the Class is Consumable, and Subclasses are Potion and Scroll. If Subclass is not possible then having Class: Potion and Class: Scroll would work too.

anathemort
May 5th, 2022, 18:17
Winnowing Pursuits has been updated to v2.1.0:
* Added exclusive Potion and Scroll inventory filters (thanks @kevininrussia!)

anathemort
May 5th, 2022, 18:18
New Filter request if possible. :-)

Potions
Scrolls

Currently they are both listed under Magical, but many times my players need to look just for some potion to drink or a scroll to use and Magical can get a little cluttered with other stuff.

I'm using 4e. Currently the Class is Consumable, and Subclasses are Potion and Scroll. If Subclass is not possible then having Class: Potion and Class: Scroll would work too.

Added in 2.1.0. It'll check class or subclass for potion/scroll, so use whichever you prefer :)

kevininrussia
May 5th, 2022, 18:48
Added in 2.1.0. It'll check class or subclass for potion/scroll, so use whichever you prefer :)

Works great!

Thanks!

lostsanityreturned
May 6th, 2022, 05:45
New filter request

"Not Spell"

anathemort
May 7th, 2022, 15:54
New filter request

"Not Spell"

Hi, I just want to clarify: this is added to the actions/powers page and would show you the "everything else" actions that are not spells? Would it include weapons?

ProStashio-Pending-deletion
May 27th, 2022, 21:22
Would it be possible to add a function to allow people to add their own search groups? For example if someone makes spells that are 'Hemomancy' (Blood Magic) they can make a group that looks for 'Hemomancy' and filters appropriately.

anathemort
May 31st, 2022, 21:03
Would it be possible to add a function to allow people to add their own search groups? For example if someone makes spells that are 'Hemomancy' (Blood Magic) they can make a group that looks for 'Hemomancy' and filters appropriately.

Certainly feasible, albeit complex to put it in the filter dropdown :) It might be more straightforward to support "power user" search by allowing search terms such as "school: hemomancy" or "duration: > 1 minute". Do you think that would fit your need?

anathemort
June 23rd, 2022, 21:14
Winnowing Pursuits has been updated to v2.2.0
* Dynamic power/spell schools, which adds filter options based on discovered schools (thanks @MeAndUnique!)
* Support for PF2 "Concentrate" trait

kevininrussia
July 5th, 2022, 23:56
Ruleset 4e

Getting this error when adding a power to character sheet. You can test by dragging a power to the Powers tab or click on the PLUS icon at the bottom of the Powers tab and try to name the power.

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/action_search.lua"]:247: attempt to index global 'actions_filter_dropdown' (a nil value)

Was not getting this error some builds ago.

anathemort
July 6th, 2022, 20:27
Winnowing Pursuits has been updated to v2.2.1
* Fixed 4E Powers interaction

Thanks for the discovery kevininrussia!

kevininrussia
July 8th, 2022, 01:55
Would it be possible to add "Elixir" to the Potion filter?

Morenu
July 8th, 2022, 02:44
Would it be possible to add "Elixir" to the Potion filter?

do you mean if I select Potion it will show potions, elixirs (oils...). or do you want elixir by itself?

kevininrussia
July 8th, 2022, 14:01
do you mean if I select Potion it will show potions, elixirs (oils...). or do you want elixir by itself?

The first option. Selecting Potions will show potions, elixirs, oils…

Thanks!

anathemort
July 8th, 2022, 19:13
The first option. Selecting Potions will show potions, elixirs, oils…

Thanks!

I'm working on a solution to let you provide customizable filter groups. Thanks for the impetus :)

similarly
July 13th, 2022, 13:13
Just wanted to let you know I had two errors after todays update:
[7/13/2022 8:55:49 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (charsheet_inventoryft) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [WinnowingPursuits] [xml/record_char_inventory_search_5E.xml]
[7/13/2022 8:55:49 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (charsheet_actionsft) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [WinnowingPursuits] [xml/record_char_actions_5E.xml]

Not sure, but this might be related:
[7/13/2022 8:55:47 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (charsheet_inventoryft) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [InventorySearch] [xml/record_char_inventory_search_5E.xml]

EDIT:
Just realized I had inventory search AND Winnowingpursuits loaded. So it's the same error as above.

anathemort
July 13th, 2022, 22:39
Hey there, that's just a warning about some UI elements and is safe to ignore. It occurs because we have compatibility with another extension, Floating Tabs, and when those elements are not detected we don't have anything to merge with, and FG lets us know that there's nothing to do.

similarly
July 13th, 2022, 23:51
AH! Thank you. That's good to know. I have floating tabs but disabled it for simplicity.

anathemort
September 25th, 2022, 02:34
Winnowing Pursuits has been updated to v2.3.0:

Compatibility with collapsible containers as provided by Extraplanar Containers (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/13/view)
Winnowing Pursuits will show results for items that are inside collapsed containers, but respect the collapsed state when the search is cleared
Compatibility with 3.5E/PFRPG Advanced Charsheet (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/861/view) (thanks @Zarestia!)

Leplin
October 18th, 2022, 16:53
FYI:
New update today on FGU. Got the following in console.log:
[10/18/2022 11:24:39 AM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (charsheet_inventoryft) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [WinnowingPursuits] [campaign/5E/record_char_inventory_search.xml]
[10/18/2022 11:24:39 AM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (charsheet_notes_and_logs) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [WinnowingPursuits] [campaign/5E/record_char_logs_search.xml]
[10/18/2022 11:24:39 AM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (charsheet_actionsft) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [WinnowingPursuits] [campaign/5E/record_char_actions.xml]

anathemort
October 18th, 2022, 17:46
Hey there, these warnings are okay to ignore. They are related to the fact that we try to have compatibility with another extension that is not loaded, so its windows cannot be found. However, you shouldn't see the console pop up unless there is an actual error. Can you scroll up and down to see if you have the red [ERROR] block?

Maldev
May 31st, 2023, 05:33
G'day there.
In my last game, one of my players informed me the search function in the powers tab doesn't work anymore. There is no filter either.
The inventory function still works aok.
D&D 4E
Win 10
16g ram
Cheers
no other extensions

anathemort
June 1st, 2023, 18:33
In my last game, one of my players informed me the search function in the powers tab doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for this report. Released v2.3.1 with a fix for the text search.

Maldev
June 2nd, 2023, 04:19
Thanks for this report. Released v2.3.1 with a fix for the text search.

Thanks mate, works a treat again!
Thank you for the quick fix :)
Cheers

nephranka
June 2nd, 2023, 13:21
This ext seems to have a conflict with MNM's coin manager 2. The search fields are no longer anchored to the bottom of the page. I will post to MNM as well.

spencerg
June 5th, 2023, 23:48
Hello world, any possibility you could add support for classic dnd (AD&D 2e ruleset) - even if just the inventory tab -

Vague
June 7th, 2023, 04:50
This ext seems to have a conflict with MNM's coin manager 2. The search fields are no longer anchored to the bottom of the page. I will post to MNM as well.

I came for this this exact reason. I can report I am also having this issue.

EDIT:
Here's the text of the error (since it's hard to see in the pic).

[6/6/2023 11:47:58 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:..rencyListWindowMNM:coinListMNM"]:5: attempt to call field 'updatePlayerCurrencies' (a nil value)
[6/6/2023 11:47:58 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:..rencyListWindowMNM:valuableLabel"]:4: attempt to call field 'updatePCValuables' (a nil value)

Vague
June 7th, 2023, 22:20
I came for this this exact reason. I can report I am also having this issue.

EDIT:
Here's the text of the error (since it's hard to see in the pic).

[6/6/2023 11:47:58 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:..rencyListWindowMNM:coinListMNM"]:5: attempt to call field 'updatePlayerCurrencies' (a nil value)
[6/6/2023 11:47:58 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:..rencyListWindowMNM:valuableLabel"]:4: attempt to call field 'updatePCValuables' (a nil value)

Well, those errors aren't for Winnowing Pursuits. That has been resolved with Mad Nomad.

Winnowing Pursuits still has an issue with the search not sticking to the bottom of the character sheet in Inventory, however. It scrolls with the inventory (see picture).

nephranka
November 21st, 2023, 00:52
I am sure you have heard about the next update on TEST. This ext looks to be throwing an error on the PS. I figure I post a heads up.

nephranka
December 13th, 2023, 21:40
So, now it is live. This ext throws an error when you go to the inventory section of the PS.

daddyogreman
December 14th, 2023, 14:59
Anathemort had yielded ownership of this extension to the unofficial developers guild. I can try to have a look at I have time to however we'll still need him/her to update things in the forge.

nephranka
December 14th, 2023, 15:16
That is disappointing. I really liked this extension. If you are able to keep it going, that would be great. Thank you for the response and effort.

anathemort
December 18th, 2023, 18:05
I'm still around for a bit so I can continue to address big issues like this. Thanks for raising it, I'll take a look right now.

anathemort
December 18th, 2023, 19:49
Pushed v2.3.2 which resolves the party sheet error and verifies compat with FGU 4.4.8

nephranka
December 18th, 2023, 20:00
Pushed v2.3.2 which resolves the party sheet error and verifies compat with FGU 4.4.8

Thank you so much!