PDA

View Full Version : Nightvision

rdenning
March 3rd, 2022, 22:07
HI there

So we are using LOS and lighting with RM FRP
Darkvision works fine
But Nightvison (elves) does not seem to do much.
Is that an effect that is coded into the lighting rules?

Sulimo
March 3rd, 2022, 23:12
I can confirm this one. Even with manually adding the Nightvision effect to the PC it still does not work (see screen shot).

I tried it with a Fair Elf.

I am pretty sure it used to work.

Difficult to test in CoreRPG to see if that is the source of the issue though.

I am guessing it's from the updates today.

https://i.imgur.com/o5T3mRQ.png

I managed to get it working for a couple of times, but it's inconsistent. There is definitely something odd going on.

I did a test in 5e (there does not seem to be a way to assign vision to CoreRPG characters that I could find), and it's working there.

Dakadin
March 3rd, 2022, 23:24
Unfortunately, they don't have anything that works like nightvision is described in Rolemaster which allows you to see when there is any light. There was a feature they tried to implement for low light vision that would have worked but it was causing issues so didn't make it to be released. So as you've noticed it doesn't really change the vision. I would have to change it to provide vision in complete darkness which I can do if enough people want it.

Dakadin
March 3rd, 2022, 23:51
I am just going to add a vision for nightvision in the next release even if it doesn't match the rules just to eliminate confusion.

Sulimo
March 3rd, 2022, 23:56
It's interesting, I could have sworn it was working before.

In the campaign I've been running for about a year now, there is an Elf that has night vision, and he always had the greyed out vision (at least since vision was added).

Was that supposed to be something else?

I thought I remember you mentioning the sonar vision not working, but I could be misremembering.

Dakadin
March 4th, 2022, 00:00
Actually sonar vision works. It is night vision that doesn't but I will change that for next time.

Sulimo
March 4th, 2022, 00:17
I must be losing my mind then. Dark vision works for the elf. I'll just switch to that, that should be easy enough.

Dakadin
March 4th, 2022, 00:40
Yeah Darkvision and Sonar both provide vision. It is just Nightvision that doesn't.

Sulimo
March 4th, 2022, 02:06
I think part of my confusion is that all of the built in Elvish races are all set for Nightvision by default, while the Dwarves have Darkvision 50.

I had copied, modified, and exported one of them for my custom Elvish and Dwarvish races to get them working.

Did I miss a change at some point?

Click to see a larger version.
https://i.imgur.com/bqe41CHh.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/bqe41CH.jpg)

Dakadin
March 4th, 2022, 02:43
No, I added that match the visions that the races and NPCs have. When I was first working on it there was a vision type that worked for it but it never made it to release so it ended up as a placeholder until FG had the right vision type for it. Since it is causing more confusion than it is worth, I've already updated my development version so it will be in the next version.