PDA

View Full Version : Import image from another campaign

ZelieDad
March 3rd, 2022, 14:56
I created a dungeon in one campaign, and I'd like to use it in another campaign that I'm currently running. The original campaign has all of the lighting, walls, etc., set up on it, but I can't figure out how to transfer all of that information to the other campaign. I really don't want to recreate all of that for the other campaign. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

LordEntrails
March 3rd, 2022, 14:58
You can export it to a module as one way and ten load that module in the second campaign.

Not sure if their is another way, though I do know there is a export LOS/metadata on an image, but I've never used it.

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2022, 15:44
If you right click on the image layer in the image data panel, there is an option to export a metadata file for that image record. Then, you could copy the image file and the image metadata file into the images folder in the new campaign.

Regards,
JPG

ZelieDad
March 3rd, 2022, 16:12
I ended up creating a module and activating it in the new campaign, along with all of the rest of the images from that campaign. Moving forward, where do I put the XML file that I'm exporting? I looked at the campaign image folder from where I want to pull the images, and I don't see any XML files in the image directory.

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2022, 16:16
The campaign images folder is empty by default; and only contains files that you add there.

If you have an image with an image metadata file, the metadata file should be included with the exact same filename as the image file, except ending in .xml, instead of .jpg/.png.

Regards,
JPG