PDA

View Full Version : How to make these changes? which ones would be possible?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 1st, 2022, 04:13
I have some doubts to adjust some things in my extension:
1 - Can I create a Windowclass called dice_set and in it contain the data located at the base of the desktop?
2 - If the answer is yes, then I can turn this Windowclass into a Panel and dock it wherever I want?
3 - I created an anchor of the combat tracker with the chat, but I would like to disappear with the help buttons and close combat track, but I have no idea how to do that.

I would be very grateful if you have help and answers.

Trenloe
March 1st, 2022, 04:19
Moderator: Moved from the Laboratory forum (which is for issues/questions regarding the current beta test). The Workshop is where questions like this should be posted.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2022, 05:39
1. Dice are not tied to any window class; so can not be moved with a window. All other items on the desktop are already tied to panel windows. (i.e. always on the desktop, below floating windows.)
2. Panel windows can not not be opened and closed like floating windows. They are always on.
3. I'm not sure how you would do that in the current platform. You might be able to do it by tracking the onMove/onSizeChanged events on the chat window; but it's going to be pretty manual. The panels are designed to layout relative to each other; not to floating windows.

Regards,
JPG

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 1st, 2022, 14:30
I made this vídeo to try show my question|idea

YOUTUBE VIDEO (https://youtu.be/q2SZR2DP3Bk)

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2022, 20:35
I understand; and that's what I thought you were asking. However, the FG client does not support dynamically moving the dice; nor tying them to a window or a panel.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
March 1st, 2022, 21:41
Yako, maybe you could extend the Reset Position function of the dice that already exists? Something like an option that allows you to type in coordinates for the new positions and then activate the Reset Position? Would require a bit of logic and math in your coding so might be pretty challenging, but it' a thought :)

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2022, 22:00
Regardless of whether the position could be computed, the issue is that there are no APIs to interact with the 3D dice at all. They can only be defined in the ruleset (and extensions); so their positions are locked once a campaign is loaded.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
March 1st, 2022, 22:42
Ah, so changing the default/home position values in the db after the ruleset is loaded won't help/possible. Ah well, it was a thought :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 2nd, 2022, 00:17
I understand, but still thanks for the attention and help Moon and Lord, and I'm glad my "rustic" English was understood and I can't get it out of my head that it would be amazing if my idea were applicable.