PDA

View Full Version : NPC HP problem

Bearded Wonder
February 26th, 2022, 18:27
I am on the latest test build using 5e ruleset and I have the NPC HP set to variable. I created an encounter with standard NPCs from the Monster Manual and clicked the down arrow to add them to the combat tracker for my next session. They all came in with 1 HP. I deleted them and put them into the combat tracker a couple more times to test it, asked on Discord and was advised to create a brand new campaign with no extensions running to check it again. I only loaded the Monster Manual module, created the 1 encounter using the exact same NPCs and clicked the down arrow to add them to the combat tracker. Everyone entered in with standard hit points so I switched the NPC HP setting to variable and tried again. Everyone came into the tracker with 1 hp. Zacchaeus tried it out in live mode with no problem and recommended that I report it here as it seems to be a test build only issue.

wndrngdru
February 26th, 2022, 21:20
I have confirmed this for D&D 5E Test Channel.

Under House Rules in the options, if Combat: NPC Hit Points is set to Random, the NPCs in the CT all have 1 HP each when an encounter is added. If the option is set to Max, the NPCs in the CT have 0 HP when the encounter is added.

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2022, 00:06
Thanks for the report. I just pushed an update to address.

Regards,
JPG