PDA

View Full Version : having issues with initiative in Traveller

bawsr
February 20th, 2022, 02:19
One character has a 10 Dex and I am getting a +1 and the next character has a 12 dex and he is getting +6 to initiative. The initiatives don't seem to show up correct. I am trying to understand how this is supposed to work.

bawsr
February 20th, 2022, 06:25
I guess with some work we figured out it looks like that we fixed the character by rebuilding the character. The numbers on the second page were right but it wasn't doing the scores right. We tried to edit many of our characters, and it seemed to be right, but we ended up rebuilding to fix.

MadBeardMan
February 20th, 2022, 12:09
Hi Bawsr,

Initiative isn't based on only DEX in Traveller. It checks your INT as well. The higher of both is used.

Plus it doesn't use the Main Tab for the Attributes, it uses the Action Tab. Because if you're hurt (ie your Dex or Int is less than normal) like will change your Initiative Bonus.

Thanks,
MBM

bawsr
February 20th, 2022, 14:59
Indeed, that is true about using INT. My int was a +1. We had all rolled stats and placed them and then moved them around. I think this had messed up the action tab stat. All the players had to go and clean up. The best way for us to remedy this was to build new characters.

esmdev
February 20th, 2022, 17:15
Indeed, that is true about using INT. My int was a +1. We had all rolled stats and placed them and then moved them around. I think this had messed up the action tab stat. All the players had to go and clean up. The best way for us to remedy this was to build new characters.

for the future, if the characteristic values in the action tab are incorrect you can click the tiny circles next to the values and they will reset to whatever the value is on the main tab.

bawsr
February 20th, 2022, 19:47
thanks that is very helpful. The GM said he tried that but it looks like it had something messed up even after trying that. the bonus was staying the same. the only way to fix was to build a new character.

I have attached a bad character (one that initiative is not correct) and a rebuild where it is correct. just to show the issue. Bad has wrong initiative good has correct initiative.