PDA

View Full Version : Image scroll

wakhere
February 18th, 2022, 20:49
hi im using unity.
i like to give the players plenty of images and artwork to aid the feel.
but trying to size and align the images is very clumsy.
i use the gold star... but its too fast. it takes me many attempts to position the image in the window as i want
many times the whole image flying off the screen in whatever direction i was trying.
how do i get better control or change the sensitivity. !?

Trenloe
February 18th, 2022, 20:58
See this section of the Wiki - it details three ways to pan an image: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2028306433/Play+Now+Fantasy+Grounds+Super+Quick-Start+for+Players#Step-Eleven%3A-The-Map

You can pan the map around by clicking and holding your mouse scroll wheel and moving it inside the window. If you are on a Mac with a trackpad or Apple magic mouse, this won’t work - no mouse wheel clickable button! Honestly, it’s worth buying a cheap three button mouse just for this purpose.

But you can also pan the map around inside the window using the cursor keys on your keyboard (when you have no token selected - if you have a token selected it’ll try to move that instead).

Or there is a little pan control down at the bottom right of the window:

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2022, 21:01
Left click and hold over the image and then move the mouse to move it. Use the middle mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Hold the middle mouse wheel to move the image inside the image window.

Note that however you position your image when you share it the players see the whole image in the centre of their screen - so it doesn't matter what your view is the players will see something different.

wakhere
February 18th, 2022, 21:14
scratch this. am now feeling very old as my son showed me in about 5 seconds....
after he viewed this post...

damned
February 18th, 2022, 23:41
Everyday something happens to me, around me, by me, that makes me feel old... its not much fun!

mhossom
February 22nd, 2022, 20:07
I have gotten so used to interacting with the images in FGU that I find myself trying the same functions while on a website or opening an image in Windows. I even get annoyed when I can't move an image around while holding down the scroll wheel.

Kelrugem
February 22nd, 2022, 20:17
I have gotten so used to interacting with the images in FGU that I find myself trying the same functions while on a website or opening an image in Windows. I even get annoyed when I can't move an image around while holding down the scroll wheel.

lol, the same for me :D Even worse when something else happens while doing so :D