PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k Roleplay: Deathwatch RPG!

Thunder_Badger
February 17th, 2022, 23:46
This is a bimonthly every other Saturday (1pm-4pm PST) game using the WH40K Multiruleset created by Paul Pratt. Deathwatch RPG by Fantasy Flight Games produced an amazing 13 book collection, going in detail of the various aspects of what it's like to be a space marine, Chapter, Deathwatch, Lore and with many customization options for talents, skills, wargear & more. If your impression was it's a combat heavy game...well your right, but that barely scratches the surface, this game has great depth. It has truly been a labor of love importing Deathwatch into FGU as the system doesn't enjoy the full support of systems like D&D 5E...the easiest thing in the world would be to run a 5E game with everything provided. No, it must be Space Marines! So I've round up a collection of tokens, maps and assets to fill out the game as well as flesh out the game mechanics. This is a custom quality Micro-brew gaming experience.

No lazy players if you please. I've spent an ungodly amount of time setting up the game, at least come up with a Character Backstory so we can get an idea of how he or she fits in the game. Yes she, if anyone would like to play a Sister of Battle I'm totally in support of that.

DarkStrider
February 26th, 2022, 23:31
What time zone is it being set in?

lambdabyte
March 8th, 2022, 10:27
I would love to join, still sort of new to the Warhammer 40k universe but I watch a lot of lore vids. Would be interested in playing a techpriest or anything that fits the story best really. Let me know!

Thunder_Badger
March 16th, 2022, 22:25
What time zone is it being set in?

Time is relative, Pacific (-7 GMT), 2x Month, 3 hr sessions.

Thunder_Badger
March 16th, 2022, 22:32
I would love to join, still sort of new to the Warhammer 40k universe but I watch a lot of lore vids. Would be interested in playing a techpriest or anything that fits the story best really. Let me know!

The campaign is based in the Orpheus Salient of the Jericho Reach, this salient is under Tyranid invasion, though not limited to nids. The Deathwatch lore is quite extensive. I'll do what I can to make the Story fit the Character! Take a look through the CRB, First Founding and Honor the Chapter. I'm reluctant to name chapters cause they're all awesome, just note that the Storm Wardens chapter was created specifically for DW RPG. All builds are valid (chapter, class, talents, skills, are useful.

lambdabyte
March 17th, 2022, 00:06
Awesome! I can definitely read that material as I enjoy just perusing RPG materials for fun. I like the idea of a campaign involving Tyranids, seriously high stakes lol, plus alien/swarm vibes are always fun. Like I said, I can play whatever is best for the campaign if you want to steer me toward something other than TP. Do players need to get any materials on FG? Don't mind buying stuff.