PDA

View Full Version : Coin value is blank (you have defaults why not use them?)

SilentRuin
February 16th, 2022, 23:40
I was stripping out coin weight out of my Map Parcel extension for the new TEST as you guys now support it. While I was testing my switch over to your version for calculating total weights I had seen the currencies definition and noted that the currencies button brought up the weights pretty much the same as my stuff did for 0.02 but that it had an additional value column. As I consider this handy for conversions - I wondered why your buffer has those values defined and your form under the currency button has them all blank?

SilentRuin
February 16th, 2022, 23:56
Also the coin fields in inventory sheet have been reordered and repositioned - they now appear different than current one where the blank fields appears first - not sure about the rest of the order. I assume the position was meant to no longer be offset from the left so I'll have to move some buttons there also.

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2022, 01:19
If you create a new campaign (or delete all the currencies and restart the campaign); then all the ruleset defined currencies will be rebuilt worth any weight/value information provided.

We can’t append weight/value to currencies without adding additional versioning code that would need to be tested with every single ruleset. (Too much risk for gain; and there is a straightforward workaround.). This is because once currencies are created, the values could have been customized by GM.

The coin fields are now a full dynamic list; instead of a fixed set of 6 fields. This means that they now have a sort order. The sort order is value (as defined in campaign currency; then name.)

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2022, 01:42
What do you mean if I delete all the currencies?

Inventories and parcels all have coins - how would I get an existing campaign to work with your currencies?

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2022, 03:07
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

The value and weight of currencies is only stored in the campaign; and then looked up by name when needed. Therefore, neither parcels nor PC inventories need their data changed.

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2022, 03:21
I told you that value was blank in all currency definitions - you then told me the currency data had to be deleted to get it to work - I asked you how to do that - as currency data is everywhere in an existing campaign. So… what did you mean - how do I get values to show in existing campaign - you also seemed to imply whatever you meant would fix the inventory treasure order.

Sulimo
February 17th, 2022, 03:46
Options>Currencies>Edit List>Delete all>Restart Campaign

Inventory weight will update automatically.

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2022, 04:10
Options>Currencies>Edit List>Delete all>Restart Campaign

Inventory weight will update automatically.

Thank you! That did indeed fix everything - values are now there - all inventory orders have now been corrected. So I'll have to remember when it goes live to do that to all my current campaigns.