PDA

View Full Version : LFP: 3 Players, Monday Night Game, 7pm Eastern Time Zone, OSE RAW

JPIKE420
February 16th, 2022, 06:58
LFP, 3 Players, Monday Night Game, 7 pm Eastern Time Zone, OSE RAW
FG LICENSE: I have ultimate licenses for both FGC and FGU.
TIME ZONE: I am on the East Coast. I will be starting around 7 pm Eastern Time.
Day of The Week: We will be playing Monday nights
Term: WE would like to play a long-term collaborative game where everybody has their moment in the sun.
Voice: We will be using discord for voice and video comms.
Game System Preferred: We prefer OSR and OSE in general. Will run Rules as Written at first.
Game System Experience: I have been a player of 3rd edition, pathfinder, and 5th edition for many years. I have DMed a few games that fizzled out over the years. I have not played OSE yet but I feel it is a great way to build my GMing skills. We are looking for 2 more players to join us
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have used fantasy grounds and run a few one-shots using it.

Greetings Adventurer.
My friends and I are looking for fellow players to start a new game of OSE together. We are looking for two or three more players to share in epic adventures in a homebrew campaign. We are available Monday nights starting at about 7 pm Eastern and plan to play till 10 or 11 pm Eastern. We will be using discord for voice/video communications, and we would like to implement Fantasy Grounds, but rolling dice over discord may be an acceptable alternative. I will likely DM. I have several years of playing experience, I consider myself more of a player than a GM, but I would like to move into the realm of running a game. I would like to play Rules as Written at first to get a handle on the game. If you would like to join us, please continue reading below.

***READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING***
Please answer the following questions in a reply to this forum:
1. Do you consider yourself more of a player or a game master?
2. Why do you prefer (or think you may prefer) the OSE ruleset or OSR in general?
3. What is your favorite class and alignment to play?
4. Do you have a problem playing rules as written for the first few sessions?
5. Do you know what THAC0 is? (if not we can teach you!)

Please post your answers to the questions above then create a small post about yourself below those answers.
Some things to include are: What kind of game do you like to play? By what name should we address you? Are you okay with off-topic joking and discussion at the table? Is there a particular class or playstyle you prefer or don’t prefer? List a few times that would be convenient for you to get together to meet over discord for introductions; Or anything else you’d like us to know about you!

jwoods1187
February 25th, 2022, 17:52
If you're still looking for players, I'm interested. My answers to your questions are below:
1. Do you consider yourself more of a player or a game master? Player
2. Why do you prefer (or think you may prefer) the OSE ruleset or OSR in general? It's easy to learn and it's deadly.
3. What is your favorite class and alignment to play? Whatever the dice give me
4. Do you have a problem playing rules as written for the first few sessions? Not at all
5. Do you know what THAC0 is? (if not we can teach you!) Yes. To Hit Armor Class 0

I am currently DMing a 5E game and have been playing 5E for a few years, but I'm getting tired of it. The OSR aligns with my idea of what D&D should be and I prefer OSE since it faithfully reproduces the B/X rules. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to convince my current group to try OSE, so I figured I'd try to find a group online. I'm not comfortable posting personal information online, but if you'd like to chat on discord, I'm available most days after 6pm EST.

JPIKE420
February 26th, 2022, 20:51
Game has changed to 3.5e and is full up... Thank you all for your interest!