PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Princes of the Apocalypse (Official) Map Issue

steeldnd
February 13th, 2022, 22:54
I'm seeking assistance with an official product. After searching, this is the closest thread to my issue, but doesn't provide a solution other than patching:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68668-Players-can-t-move-on-maps&highlight=mask+map

Playing 5E Princes of the Apocalypse, in the map Temple-of-Eternal-Flame-Player, I've run into several bugs. Attached is a one-room snip (mild spoiler) that shows the issues. The shadow at the bottom half and far left of the screen acts as a wall. Players can't see beyond it and no tokens can move over it without shift-dragging (like a wall).

Disablilng Line-of-Sight (from image editor/Play/Actions) removes these shadows, but also all other LoS. Unclicking 'Use Walls' in the one layer that has that option does nothing, nor does disabling lighting.

I've verified that there is no mask (Remove Global Mask is grayed out), and can confirm that I had not added one in this area previously. The only mask usage was for an Fx layer.

Enabling and disabling all layers one at a time did not resolve (layers include the default, an fx water layer, two separate lights layers). I've since deleted all except the default layer.

All extensions have been disabled and the problem persists.

To reproduce from the attached campaign files:
1. Open Images - Temple-of-Eternal-Flame-Player
2. Place a token (NPC or PC) in room E13 (map pin 4.09/13 E13. Foundry)
3. If not enable, choose Enable/Disable Player Vision Preview from Image Editor/Play.
4. Click on the token to preview vision.
5. The bottom half of that room, the far left of that room and the hall leading north above the stairs are all occluded - unable to see or cross into without shift-clicking.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tabarkus
February 14th, 2022, 00:12
duplicate post.

Tabarkus
February 14th, 2022, 00:17
I ran into a similar problem just recently. It turned out to be an "object" layer that I had added to the map. Images of things such as tables, treasure chests, etc. So if you've added anything as an extra image layer try removing it and see if that solves your problem. It could even be an object/layer in a different section of the map.

Zacchaeus
February 14th, 2022, 10:44
I can see the issue but I can't see why there's an issue. Testing the map in the module in another campaign doesn't show any problems. In your map I don't see any extra layers nor do I see evidence of the mask having been enabled (it looks very like the mask was enabled and then a square hole punched into the mask around area 13). There are some other areas in the map in your champaign which display similar issues. Like as if another map was superimposed on this one and made invisible but the line of sight is there.

The only solution that I can give you is to revert changes on the map. Unfortunately this will remove all of the tokens and fog of war; and it will also move the map so that it no longer lines up with the map pins. You'll need to unlock the map layer and move it so that it realigns with the pins.

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2022, 19:51
Thanks for the report. I was also able to see it locally, but not sure what is causing it. From initial experimentation, it looks like it's related to a lighting issue in some way. I've escalated to @cpinder to review.

Regards,
JPG

steeldnd
February 15th, 2022, 04:07
Thanks so much, all!

Is there a way to reset the map to original - like deleting it from the module and allowing the updater to replace it?

@Zaccheus - are there instructions somewhere on reverting?

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2022, 05:47
Just right click on the map window when it is open or on the map entry in the Images list; and select the Revert radial menu option.

Regards,
JPG

steeldnd
February 18th, 2022, 22:27
In case someone has similar issues - reverting worked, and the pins remained lined up. Only the fog war required updating. Thanks again, all!

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2022, 21:27
This appears to have been related to a Fireball token added to map with an invalid position somehow; and the bad data was throwing off the LoS calculations. We're not sure how the bad data was added (assuming extension given the issue was a Fireball spell token).

The latest version of the FGU client in the Test/beta channel contains a fix to check for invalid position data, before using tokens for calculations.

Regards,
JPG