PDA

View Full Version : Palladium Games Release Status

Malumake
February 11th, 2022, 02:30
I know that Kevin Simbieda has (supposedly) finally officially signed the agreements, but is there someplace that has updates regarding the progress? I am specifically interested in the progress of Official Palladium Rifts release. Thanks!

LordEntrails
February 11th, 2022, 02:40
Generally no. In the past, SmiteWorks never makes any type of status announcements on their forums/website until a product is actually released. It's up to the publisher to make any updates etc that the publisher desires through their own channels. That said, many publishers simple get it wrong, and think that once they give permission or such, that the ruleset or product will be available on FG in days or weeks. But, things like rulesets can take many months and many development/review cycles to get approved.

Malumake
February 11th, 2022, 02:58
Mahalo for the fast response @LordEntrails! I understand it would take months, and that's if it's the only project.
Considering the two different damage "levels", Racial and Occupational class combinations, and prodigious World/Dimension Books I didn't expect it anytime soon. Just wondered if there was a "Target" date.

jharp
February 11th, 2022, 03:21
When I spoke to Kevin and Doug in August, I was given the impression that it would be complete within a 9 month window. So I would expect May/June.

Jason

Moon Wizard
February 11th, 2022, 04:18
It all depends on whether there is already a community developer that has stepped up to build a ruleset for the system; what kind of time window they are giving; and whether they are able to meet that time window. It's one of the reasons why we don't announce any timelines; because we have no control over when and if people deliver products.

Regards,
JPG

jharp
February 11th, 2022, 05:08
I'm sure that SW will meet the expectations they have given to Kevin. That sets it to May/June.

I'm sure that SW would never over promise and under deliver.

Jason

Moon Wizard
February 11th, 2022, 06:00
Please don't state dates for delivery for any products, unless you are the one planning to deliver. Since most products are delivered by outside contractors, we do not have control over exactly if and when products are delivered, which is one of the reasons why we don't post dates for product releases.

Regards,
JPG

Ognigoa
March 14th, 2022, 20:41
So, I understand that no promises can be made and delivery dates and such are not to be offered unless it is the developer offering. My only question would be, is there someone working on developing content to support the Palladium books system?

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2022, 21:56
So, I understand that no promises can be made and delivery dates and such are not to be offered unless it is the developer offering. My only question would be, is there someone working on developing content to support the Palladium books system?
In early February there was (implied in post #4). Palladium would probably be the best source to confirm since the developer would be working with/for them (depending upon agreement) and not for SmiteWorks/FG

Eanelen
April 23rd, 2023, 22:22
Sucks that there hasn't been an update of any sort over there :(