PDA

View Full Version : Forge Purchases

lordmalachdrim
February 10th, 2022, 13:50
I know when making a normal purchase it goes through paypal but you can do it without having to create an account with that company (which I refuse to do), but for some reason I can not find a way to do this with a purchase on your Forge. I would appreciate any help.

ju95
February 11th, 2022, 05:10
You should still be able to click the pay with debit or credit card below their login screen no?

lordmalachdrim
February 11th, 2022, 19:05
You can but on the next scree where you enter all the information the only options are: Create Account and Continue / Log In / Cancel and Return to Merchant.

ju95
February 11th, 2022, 19:08
I still see the guest checkout, could you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

lordmalachdrim
February 11th, 2022, 19:12

This is bottom of the page after choosing pay with credit card as I normally do with the standard store.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2022, 19:14
Works fine for me.

This is what I see:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51443

Then when I click on Pay with Debit or Credit Card I get a quest checkout:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51444

lordmalachdrim
February 11th, 2022, 19:17
Page one is a match and I do choose Pay with Debit Card or Credit Card
Page two is the issue

ju95
February 11th, 2022, 19:24
Oh I see now. Apparently PayPal removed the guest checkout feature back in October with very little announcement. Unfortunately we do not have any other payment system on the Forge other than PayPal at this time.

lordmalachdrim
February 11th, 2022, 19:26
Then I guess I will just have to wait until/if you get a different option at some point.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2022, 19:33
Oh I see now. Apparently PayPal removed the guest checkout feature back in October with very little announcement. Unfortunately we do not have any other payment system on the Forge other than PayPal at this time.
The guest checkout is working fine for me - refer to my screenshots above.

@lordmalachdrim - maybe try a different browser?

Trenloe
February 11th, 2022, 19:34
Also, according to this post (don't know how accurate it is) there are reasons why sometimes PayPal won't offer guest checkout: https://docs.easydigitaldownloads.com/article/862-why-doesnt-paypal-guest-checkout-show With the "reasoning from PayPal" being pretty vague...

ju95
February 11th, 2022, 19:42
If you have an account, when you put in your email it just links it to your account now, mimicking the old guest checkout system. I had to use incognito mode and a different email to see what lordmalachdrim did.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2022, 20:45
If you have an account, when you put in your email it just links it to your account now, mimicking the old guest checkout system. I had to use incognito mode and a different email to see what lordmalachdrim did.
Ah, right. Good find. Shame they've effectively stopped guest checkout.