PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker and critical effects

alloowishus
February 9th, 2022, 02:46
It would be nice if a critical says "must parry" or "stunned", then the attack dice should be greyed out and the offensive bonus of whatever weapon is in hand should automatically be added to parry (half if stunned). Would make it easier to keep track in large battles. Thanks!

Mansquatch62
February 10th, 2022, 11:46
True, but various characters and NPC's have stun relief spells and herbs, or flat out immunity. I imagine coding for every possibility would be mind-bogglingly difficult resulting in a mechanical complexity that would make the entire process cumbersome. Additionally (and this is sort of a question to the community at large), about "must parry."
The rules say if someone full parries, they still make an attack roll at 0 OB. Given that, shouldn't a "must parry" still result in a 0 OB attack?

alloowishus
February 10th, 2022, 15:50
Yes correct about the "must parry" my bad.

I am not sure how difficult it would be to program. I assume that it is possible to extract stun immunity from the xml for a given creature. An herb or spell are usually stun relief, not immunity, so that too could be an effect, i.e. "Stun relief x rounds/hrs/days" (alternatively, there could also be a "perm" for permanent under effects).

Keeping track of stuns and parries has always been the most cumbersome part of combat in RM. The Combat tracker does a pretty good job of this by round incrementing deducting the stun rounds, just trying to make it even better. :) If it's too much work, no worries, just didn't seem to hard to me.

Dakadin
February 10th, 2022, 17:30
Stun immunity is already handled by the ruleset when applying a result that contains stun. The same occurs for the hits per round results.

The reason that I am not likely to implement some of this is because there are so many optional rules around it and if I automate the process then those won't be able to be used. I also don't want to put anything in that prevents something from being used based on effect because it will confuse people. I would rather include a message that warns about it.

alloowishus
February 10th, 2022, 18:28
Ok no worries.