PDA

View Full Version : Sharing maps problem

Tokuriku
September 18th, 2007, 23:00
Ok, here is the thing:
When I have shared a map with a group that I have and then change the view in that map (zoom for example), if I "update shared sheet" nothing happens on their side.

If I click "preload image" though they can instantly see the new view.
Anyone with any toughts on that?

Tokuriku
September 20th, 2007, 12:30
I think the problem stemmed from the fact that the place the maps came from was a module and the place the maps where listed was in a common.xml (client) instead of the db.xml (host).

I don't know if this is the problem but when I put them in a db.xml, everything went back to normal :confused:

Astinus
January 4th, 2008, 19:39
I'm guessing this must be a bug.

I GM using modules with maps stored as "client" data so they will load locally on players' machines. I can't move them back to the db.xml. I need them as client data.

Whenever I change the map view and "update shared sheet" nothing happens, like you say. I tested the "preload image" workaround and it works fine with two instances on my machine. But I haven't tested it online yet, so I don't know if it will load locally or not.

Kenshin, when you used "preload image" did your players immediately see the new view i.e. loaded locally? Or did they see it quickly because they just downloaded it from you on a high speed connection?