PDA

View Full Version : Babylon 5: The Cold Equations / The Ragged Edge

Valarian
September 18th, 2007, 13:11
There is a story that they tell in bars and spaceports across the galaxy, wherever the crews of freighters and passenger boats gather. To those who work the spaceways, who spend their whole lives in fragile little bubbles of steel and air all alone in the night, this story never fails to chill the soul. On Mars, they say it happened to John Carter; on Io, the crew of one of the first ships through the jump gate; on Proxima, to one of the early colonists. Whoever the protagonists are, the story always ends the same way.
I'm starting a Babylon 5 RPG campaign, running on Sundays 8pm in the GMT+0 time zone. Due to a lack of preparation time, I'm going to be running a published campaign, starting with The Cold Equations and then running The Ragged Edge campaign. The campaign starts in the year 2259, just after the end of the first season of the Babylon 5 TV series.

Send me a PM if you're interested. Babylon 5 RPG is basically d20 game mechanics, with a few differences for the setting. Combat is more deadly than normal d20. More emphasis on the "softer" skills and stats (Int, Wis, Cha). I tend to run games with more roleplay and storytelling than combat. Characters will start at 1st level, progressing through the campaign. You will start as average citizens, trying to make a living. If you survive, you might become respected on several worlds - shaping the events to come.

Kalan
September 18th, 2007, 14:27
Dang - too bad this couldn't be a couple hours earlier or I would be sooo game for this.

Good luck tho mate!

V

Valarian
September 18th, 2007, 14:50
Sorry ... have to get the kids to bed first, then I get to game :)

starrius
September 18th, 2007, 19:37
well count me in :D

Anla'shoklynx
September 20th, 2007, 17:53
You and I already talked, I will be working on my character today.

Yrtalien
September 20th, 2007, 21:00
Finally figured out why I wasn't able to post. At any rate I'm here now and eager to play. I look forward to meeting everyone else and hope to have great fun with you all :)

Is it bad form for me to ask people what they intend to play? I'm thinking Telepath.

To our esteemed DM/GM (whatever you wish to go by :) ). Will this game be running beyond the end of the Ragged Edge or do you plan to call it at the end of thta?

Valarian
September 20th, 2007, 21:12
First thing is to survive the first adventure and the campaign. If you do get that far, I'll continue the campaign past the end of the Ragged Edge. Depending on how people feel at that point.

MrJamela
September 22nd, 2007, 01:08
*does some quick math*

That's actually not that bad, L.A. time.....

You still looking for more players? How long are you planning the sessions to go?

Valarian
September 22nd, 2007, 20:43
Sorry, there are six players booked in at the moment, I don't really want to run with any more than this. I'll let you know if anything opens up.

Valarian
February 7th, 2008, 12:31
Due to people dropping out of the game, there are one or two places available in the campaign if anyone is interested.