PDA

View Full Version : Rifts: Savage Foes of North America

Jiminimonka
February 3rd, 2022, 23:36
This is almost complete, I will submit it to Smiteworks this weekend.

thendrich
February 19th, 2022, 16:09
yay

thendrich
February 19th, 2022, 16:12
This is almost complete, I will submit it to Smiteworks this weekend.

How long does it typically take for content to be reviewed by the Smite Works team and released?

Jiminimonka
February 19th, 2022, 16:29
How long does it typically take for content to be reviewed by the Smite Works team and released?

How long is a piece of string... it takes a while sometimes, there is normally just the one guy reviewing all the products, and there are a lot of products, but as soon as its on the store I will post a message in this thread.

thendrich
February 19th, 2022, 16:37
How long is a piece of string... it takes a while sometimes, there is normally just the one guy reviewing all the products, and there are a lot of products, but as soon as its on the store I will post a message in this thread.

Got it. Thanks for the response. I look forward to this.

rathen45
February 27th, 2022, 05:36
Yeay! Can't wait to try it!

Jiminimonka
February 27th, 2022, 08:16
Yeay! Can't wait to try it!

I can't wait for you all to find what I messed up so I can fix it ;)

Gonna remind Smiteworks end of next week to try to push it up the queue....

thendrich
March 7th, 2022, 09:59
@jiminimonka - Any word on the queue for Savage Foes? Thank you!

Jiminimonka
March 7th, 2022, 10:01
It's in final stages of review, maybe another week or 2. Depends on how busy James is.

thendrich
March 7th, 2022, 10:18
Awesome, @jiminimonka! Thanks for the rapid reply.

wframe
March 10th, 2022, 14:30
This is in no way a criticism of Jiminimonka, but it's kind of concerning that it takes this much time to get a product approved once it's submitted. I've actually been waiting for this and the Foundry version was released two weeks ago (along with the GM guide) as a bundle with the Player's handbook. I prefer using FG for my SWADE games, but I have seriously been contemplating just using Foundry due to the delay of this getting approved.

I get that everyone is busy, but when you've got potential products to sell, I would think you'd want to get them on the market as soon as possible.

Either way, thanks for getting this done, Jiminimonka. I look forward to seeing it some time in 2022.

Jiminimonka
March 10th, 2022, 14:52
This is in no way a criticism of Jiminimonka, but it's kind of concerning that it takes this much time to get a product approved once it's submitted. I've actually been waiting for this and the Foundry version was released two weeks ago (along with the GM guide) as a bundle with the Player's handbook. I prefer using FG for my SWADE games, but I have seriously been contemplating just using Foundry due to the delay of this getting approved.

I get that everyone is busy, but when you've got potential products to sell, I would think you'd want to get them on the market as soon as possible.

Either way, thanks for getting this done, Jiminimonka. I look forward to seeing it some time in 2022.

No problem.

The difference with FG approval and Foundry is that Pinnacle are doing the Foundry rules and only have to push one product at a time. Whereas Smiteworks has many products lined up with different people working on them and only 2 people to do the approval process.

It definitely needs some streamlining. Smiteworks have to make sure it's up to standard of course and sometimes things get missed and need to be corrected, all of which requires emails between the developer and Smiteworks with all the time zone differences and work scheduled etc getting in the way.

Jiminimonka
March 10th, 2022, 20:13
No problem.

The difference with FG approval and Foundry is that Pinnacle are doing the Foundry rules and only have to push one product at a time. Whereas Smiteworks has many products lined up with different people working on them and only 2 people to do the approval process.

It definitely needs some streamlining. Smiteworks have to make sure it's up to standard of course and sometimes things get missed and need to be corrected, all of which requires emails between the developer and Smiteworks with all the time zone differences and work scheduled etc getting in the way.

Point in fact, I got an email - there are some images left over from the PDF import in the exported module and some other things needing a tidy up. Fixing this now.

wframe
March 10th, 2022, 20:14
Point in fact, I got an email - there are some images left over from the PDF import in the exported module and some other things needing a tidy up. Fixing this now.

Thanks for the update.

thendrich
March 12th, 2022, 12:30

Hi, @Jiminimonka - Do you still think we'll get this in the next week or two? I am starting a Savage Rifts campaign in a couple of weeks and would sure love this.

Jiminimonka
March 12th, 2022, 12:35
Hi, @Jiminimonka - Do you still think we'll get this in the next week or two? I am starting a Savage Rifts campaign in a couple of weeks and would sure love this.

I hope so, but its not possible to say for sure. I fixed the "bug" (it was actually not a bug, just I copied some extra images into the folder) and it has been pushed by Smiteworks to re-check anything else, but it then has to be submitted to Steam, for their approval process, which takes about a week as well. I know Smiteworks often work at the weekend, but I have no idea if Valve do.

If I hear anything it will be in this thread.

thendrich
March 12th, 2022, 12:37
I hope so, but its not possible to say for sure. I fixed the "bug" (it was actually not a bug, just I copied some extra images into the folder) and it has been pushed by Smiteworks to re-check anything else, but it then has to be submitted to Steam, for their approval process, which takes about a week as well. I know Smiteworks often work at the weekend, but I have no idea if Valve do.

If I hear anything it will be in this thread.

Thank you! I appreciate your updates.

Jiminimonka
March 14th, 2022, 00:44
Status now is "Reviewed", so now its going to Valve!

thendrich
March 14th, 2022, 00:57
Status now is "Reviewed", so now its going to Valve!

Awesome! I'm excited for this.

Jiminimonka
March 16th, 2022, 22:12
Awesome! I'm excited for this.

I am not saying anything except 22nd..... Yeah!

thendrich
March 17th, 2022, 01:05
I am not saying anything except 22nd..... Yeah!

Huzzah!!!

Jiminimonka
March 22nd, 2022, 15:26
Huzzah!!!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11202R

Huzzah!!!! With maple syrup on top!

wframe
March 22nd, 2022, 15:41
Why are there no tokens for any of the NPCs? Was there not artwork that could be used? Letter tokens are one of my pet peeves.

Jiminimonka
March 22nd, 2022, 16:12
Why are there no tokens for any of the NPCs? Was there not artwork that could be used? Letter tokens are one of my pet peeves.

Incoming. Although most of the important NPCs have no accompanying art work.

wframe
March 22nd, 2022, 16:38
Incoming. Although most of the important NPCs have no accompanying art work.

Ah, thank you. Nice to know there will at least be some later on.

thendrich
March 22nd, 2022, 16:52
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P11202R

Huzzah!!!! With maple syrup on top!

Yes!!!

Doswelk
March 22nd, 2022, 18:26
Because figure flats were not provided most likely.

So the question I would ask is where would anyone get tokens that can be commercially and legally added to the product?

When making these modules all we can do is include what is in the original.

Jiminimonka
March 22nd, 2022, 22:04
Because figure flats were not provided most likely.

So the question I would ask is where would anyone get tokens that can be commercially and legally added to the product?

When making these modules all we can do is include what is in the original.

Yeah, there are no tokens in the PDF for Savage Foes, but I made a few tokens and added them, they will appear on the patch system next Tuesday.

rathen45
March 22nd, 2022, 22:26
There is the option of asking palladium books for use of their art. I'm sure they are getting some of the pie anyway

Jiminimonka
March 22nd, 2022, 23:30
Looks like it got push to Live already :)

Nope - pushed to Test....

wframe
March 25th, 2022, 23:37
I have a weird (and maybe stupid) question about how NPCs are supposed to work with vehicles. Take the SAMAS pilot. The stats of that NPC are just the pilot. How do we put him in the SAMAS vehicle? Do the stats just have to be adjust manually every time you want the party to face an SAMAS pilot or is there something I'm missing. The same goes for UAR-1 Enforcer Bots. Is there a way to combine them, or do I just need to create a custom NPC with the adjustments?

Jiminimonka
March 25th, 2022, 23:48
I have a weird (and maybe stupid) question about how NPCs are supposed to work with vehicles. Take the SAMAS pilot. The stats of that NPC are just the pilot. How do we put him in the SAMAS vehicle? Do the stats just have to be adjust manually every time you want the party to face an SAMAS pilot or is there something I'm missing. The same goes for UAR-1 Enforcer Bots. Is there a way to combine them, or do I just need to create a custom NPC with the adjustments?

Put the vehicle on the Combat Tracker and then you can drag the SAMAS pilot onto the Pilot section.

wframe
March 25th, 2022, 23:50
Put the vehicle on the Combat Tracker and then you can drag the SAMAS pilot onto the Pilot section.

That is super cool. Thank you!

Jiminimonka
March 25th, 2022, 23:51
That is super cool. Thank you!

Pretty certain Ikael needs thanking for that, its a Savage Worlds feature in Fantasy Grounds.

wframe
March 26th, 2022, 16:12
So, I managed to get this to work with the UAR-1 and skycycle, etc. That's great. What do we do for SAMAS pilots? It's just treated like armor and we can't add that to the NPC record. Do we just have to modify the NPC to have the armor's stats and weapons? It seems weird that there wouldn't be a way to just apply SAMAS changes to a pilot's NPC card, unless, again, I'm just missing something.

Jiminimonka
March 26th, 2022, 17:07
So, I managed to get this to work with the UAR-1 and skycycle, etc. That's great. What do we do for SAMAS pilots? It's just treated like armor and we can't add that to the NPC record. Do we just have to modify the NPC to have the armor's stats and weapons? It seems weird that there wouldn't be a way to just apply SAMAS changes to a pilot's NPC card, unless, again, I'm just missing something.

I'm at work so I can't check but the NPC SAMAS pilot stats already include the armour.

wframe
March 26th, 2022, 17:14
I'm at work so I can't check but the NPC SAMAS pilot stats already include the armour.

The ARMOR is there, but the stats and weapons are not. So, no d12+4 strength, light rail gun, mini missile, etc.

It's not a huge deal. I can create my own NPC with these stats, I just wondered if I was missing something. Obviously, you'd want to have stats for the pilot when he's out of the armor. That's why I was wondering if there was some way to apply the template, similar to adding the pilot to the UAR-1 as a vehicle.

Mike Serfass
March 26th, 2022, 17:22
Are you targeting the pilot or the vehicle? If you target the pilot (or gunner) it will use the NPC stats. Vehicle stats don't normally apply to characters in them.
There's also the option of using an effect on the NPC.

[Heavy Armor +7]

btw, do you use Chilhelm's Chase & Combat extension? You may find it very useful.
C4: Chilhelm's Chase & Combat Collection (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71997-Extension-C4-Chilhelm-s-Chase-amp-Combat-Collection)

wframe
March 26th, 2022, 17:26
Are you targeting the pilot or the vehicle? If you target the pilot (or gunner) it will use the NPC stats. Vehicle stats don't normally apply to characters in them.
There's also the option of using an effect on the NPC.

[Heavy Armor +7]

btw, do you use Chilhelm's Chase & Combat extension? You may find it very useful.
C4: Chilhelm's Chase & Combat Collection (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71997-Extension-C4-Chilhelm-s-Chase-amp-Combat-Collection)

I’m not sure where you’re going with this. I’m saying that the stats aren’t even correct. A SAMAS pilot doesn’t have the d12+4 strength unless you manually give it to him. There is no SAMAS vehicle. There is an item with the armor and weapons, but you can’t apply that to an NPC. The only thing the SAMAS pilot has is the +10 armor from the suit.

Jiminimonka
March 26th, 2022, 17:58
I’m not sure where you’re going with this. I’m saying that the stats aren’t even correct. A SAMAS pilot doesn’t have the d12+4 strength unless you manually give it to him. There is no SAMAS vehicle. There is an item with the armor and weapons, but you can’t apply that to an NPC. The only thing the SAMAS pilot has is the +10 armor from the suit.

Like I said I'm at work and can't check. Look in the Player's Guide at the start. I think there is mention in the Fantasy Grounds notes about armour and stats.

Jiminimonka
March 26th, 2022, 21:46
Like I said I'm at work and can't check. Look in the Player's Guide at the start. I think there is mention in the Fantasy Grounds notes about armour and stats.

rathen45
March 26th, 2022, 23:37
I think that you need to give the character/ vehicles weapons in the respective inventory slots. That way you can customize the weapons on your things.

wframe
March 27th, 2022, 04:11

So the whole thing is manual. Got it. The thing that’s confusing to me is that there’s an “item” for the SAMAS suit. It has the railgun and other weapons, the armor bonus, strength, etc. I’m not sure why it exists other than a placeholder for the stats. It doesn’t seem to do anything.

None of this is criticism. I’m just trying to understand how I’m supposed to use these resources.

wframe
March 27th, 2022, 18:14
I did some testing today and I think I answered most of my own questions. Thanks for all of the help and I apologize for polluting the thread.

Jiminimonka
March 27th, 2022, 19:07
So the whole thing is manual. Got it. The thing that’s confusing to me is that there’s an “item” for the SAMAS suit. It has the railgun and other weapons, the armor bonus, strength, etc. I’m not sure why it exists other than a placeholder for the stats. It doesn’t seem to do anything.

None of this is criticism. I’m just trying to understand how I’m supposed to use these resources.

The SAMAS suit is power armour a PC can equip if they have 2 million credits or are able to somehow get hold of one.

wframe
March 27th, 2022, 19:27
I did run into one thing in my testing: Mega Damage. Mega Damage = Heavy Weapon/Heavy Armor

I noticed a lot of the NPCs do not have armor and weapons set to HW or H. Example: Dragon Hatchling from Rifts: Savage Foes of North America. The claws/bite, tail, and fire breath should all be HW and the Armor should be H, but none of them are set that way. While I can toggle the armor and modify each attack, I'm curious as to why it isn't set this way by default. There would never be a situation where a Dragon wouldn't be doing MDC that I'm aware of.

Jiminimonka
March 27th, 2022, 19:49
I did run into one thing in my testing: Mega Damage. Mega Damage = Heavy Weapon/Heavy Armor

I noticed a lot of the NPCs do not have armor and weapons set to HW or H. Example: Dragon Hatchling from Rifts: Savage Foes of North America. The claws/bite, tail, and fire breath should all be HW and the Armor should be H, but none of them are set that way. While I can toggle the armor and modify each attack, I'm curious as to why it isn't set this way by default. There would never be a situation where a Dragon wouldn't be doing MDC that I'm aware of.

If the stats in the PDF show mega damage and they don't in FG then that's a bug I'll hotfix asap

wframe
March 27th, 2022, 19:57
If the stars in the PDF show mega damage and they don't in FG then that's a bug I'll hotfix asap

Thanks. Yeah, it appears that I'm not crazy. Just a few examples: Cyborg - none of the weapons are set to HW, armor is not set to H. Brodkil bite/claws are supposed to be mega damage, but are not set to HW, Flame Wind - No HW or Heavy armor, Gargoyle Lord - Supposed to have Mega Damage armor, but it isn't set to H and Fiery Breath is supposed to do Mega damage, but isn't set to HW, etc. I ran across a few that were set right (like vehicles), but a vast majority seem to be missing it.

rathen45
March 27th, 2022, 21:57
A thought for improving experience: This is a lot of work but for the purposes of better streamlining the character creation process, i believe there should be a separate iconic framework for each MARS type for the benefits of autofill automation.

Jiminimonka
March 27th, 2022, 22:17
A thought for improving experience: This is a lot of work but for the purposes of better streamlining the character creation process, i believe there should be a separate iconic framework for each MARS type for the benefits of autofill automation.

That is not covered in Savage Foes of North America, it should be posted in the section for the Savage Player's Guide. Re-post your suggestions for streamlining RIFTS for Savage World's there and I will look into that eventually. Thanks.

rathen45
March 27th, 2022, 22:35
Yeah sorry I tried doing a search for it first but the forum's search thing seems to be on the fritz (for me anyway)
Edit: nvm working now...

Jiminimonka
March 27th, 2022, 22:37
Yeah sorry I tried doing a search for it first but the forum's search thing seems to be on the fritz (for me anyway)
Edit: nvm working now...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60945-Rifts-The-Tomorrow-Legion-Player-s-Guide-Feedback-and-Issues&highlight=Rifts+Tomorrow+Legion+Player%27s+Guide is the correct thread I think. ;)

Jiminimonka
March 27th, 2022, 23:03
OK, I just sent up a hot fix with some of the Mega Damage resolved. Still more to do, but I have to sleep.

That will teach me to rely too heavily on SW Maker for NPCs!!

If you spot any other issues, let me know. Thanks :)

wframe
March 28th, 2022, 15:15
OK, I just sent up a hot fix with some of the Mega Damage resolved. Still more to do, but I have to sleep.

That will teach me to rely too heavily on SW Maker for NPCs!!

If you spot any other issues, let me know. Thanks :)

Yes sir. Thanks for all of your hard work.

wframe
March 28th, 2022, 21:02
I know you're still working on this. I see some of the fixes, which is great. There are still a bunch of NPCs without Heavy armor: Dragon Hatchling, Gargoyle Lord, etc. I'll try to go through all of them with a fine-tooth comb later on and report back, but just wanted to give you some quick feedback.

Thanks for getting the hotfix out so quickly.

Jiminimonka
March 28th, 2022, 21:15
I know you're still working on this. I see some of the fixes, which is great. There are still a bunch of NPCs without Heavy armor: Dragon Hatchling, Gargoyle Lord, etc. I'll try to go through all of them with a fine-tooth comb later on and report back, but just wanted to give you some quick feedback.

Thanks for getting the hotfix out so quickly.

I'm going through them in the order they appear in the PDF. Expect it all done to be done before Friday.

wframe
March 28th, 2022, 21:16
I'm going through them in the order they appear in the PDF. Expect it all done to be done before Friday.

You are a stud! Thank you.

Jiminimonka
March 29th, 2022, 21:54
You are a stud! Thank you.

How did you find out??

I have uploaded a hot fix which hopefully has all the Mega Damage and MDC done. For the Gargoyle Lord I left it as not in Stone Form, that can be changed during combat.

wframe
March 29th, 2022, 22:00
How did you find out??

I have uploaded a hot fix which hopefully has all the Mega Damage and MDC done. For the Gargoyle Lord I left it as not in Stone Form, that can be changed during combat.

It's quite a bit earlier than Friday. Is this a dream? I'll check it out. Thanks!

ppiselli
April 8th, 2022, 01:26
Module is great, thanks!

Jiminimonka
June 27th, 2022, 22:12
Pushed an update, added Coalition Mark V APC and fixed some other things I spotted. Also added more Item lists to the Modules window.