PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player (UTC +10) AEST Nights D&D 3/.5/5e, Pathfinder 2e

Knockers
February 1st, 2022, 14:45
LFG 1 Player (UTC +10) AEST Nights D&D 3/.5/5e, Pathfinder 2e

FG License: Standard
Time Zone: UTC +10 - AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time
Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Saturday and Sunday nights 6/7-12PM
Term: Long Term. I am hoping to find a group of like minded players to enjoy these games and hopefully have a bit of fun outside of here in other PC games. Looking for a party and internet friends.
Voice: Can use Voice chat with whatever software is preferable. I have experience with Discord.

Game System Preferred: PF2e, D&D 5e, D&D 3.0/.5 in that order of preference. Open to exploring other systems.
Game System Experience: 4 Years exp playing and DMing 5e. Looking to play, not DM. Have dabbled in PF2e and prefer the depth of it better than 5e. Have little experience in other systems but if you can sell me on joining your group/system, I am a very quick learner.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Have played a little on Fantasy Grounds a few years ago but have all of my TTRPG experience IRL. I am computer savvy and quick to learn and pick up how to manage things So I shouldnt be a burden.

Character Type Preferred: Very flexible and enjoy playing a variety of characters. If moving between campaigns I like to mix it up and play something different, or if I cant decide I just fill in the gaps of what is needed in the party. I like to build a character on a concept or a fun way the rules work. I enjoy min-maxing to an extent, but prefer a fun build over an optimized character.

About me:Just an IRL DM looking to scratch my playing itch. For the right group of people I am very focused on having a good time with friendly people as we tackle problems and challenges the games can throw at us. I am quite easy going and like a joke here or there, but I like to focus and knuckle down on the campaign when needed. I spend a lot of time PC gaming and playing TTRPGs with my group of IRL friends and hoping to find a group of like-minded people to game with both on here and elsewhere. I enjoy a challenge and have spent a lot of time playing WoW in the past in endgame raiding and min-maxing in that setting and that carries over into this area. I also like strategy, action/adventure, RPG and tactical games.

As I mentioned above, I like to build a concept of a character and flesh it out to be enjoyable within the game to play whilst also being competent. I enjoy the challenge of combat the most (Probably 70/30 Combat/RP) but like the change in pace that role-playing sections will bring, although I admit I may not be the best at RP. I love to dive into the rules and make sure I understand everything about how I can play, even more if I am learning a new system. IRL I play an old school TTRPG in the same vein as AD&D/2e and dont mind playing something a good close knit group have enjoyed for a long time. I am a little more focused on fantasy for TTRPG, but I do enjoy sci-fi in my regular PC gaming.

Feel free to contact me if I seem interesting.

WhoreofBabylon
February 2nd, 2022, 02:38
There's a few Australians looking for a game right now, might be worth us getting together and sorting one out. I am a Pathfinder 1st Edition DM and i find myself without enough players for the first time in 8 years.

I have 2 possible leads on joining a Roll20 game right now if they both fall through i might be in contact.

Cheers,

spoofer
February 2nd, 2022, 04:22
I am starting two new groups in March. Unfortunately, neither one is D&D... ALIEN and Shadow of the Demon Lord. If you don't find D&D and want to play either of those, let me know.

spoofer
February 2nd, 2022, 04:23
Did you see this?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72416-LFG-1-Player-Late-Fridays-Saturday-or-Sundays-Australia-GMT-11-Pathfinder

Knockers
February 5th, 2022, 14:20
There's a few Australians looking for a game right now, might be worth us getting together and sorting one out. I am a Pathfinder 1st Edition DM and i find myself without enough players for the first time in 8 years.

I have 2 possible leads on joining a Roll20 game right now if they both fall through i might be in contact.

Cheers,

Thanks. I have seen a few people looking around and just thought I would throw my hat in the ring as well. I am a patient guy so when the right group pops up I will be eager.

Knockers
February 5th, 2022, 14:23
I am starting two new groups in March. Unfortunately, neither one is D&D... ALIEN and Shadow of the Demon Lord. If you don't find D&D and want to play either of those, let me know.

Thanks for the reply. I had a quick look up for what those games involve but I am not sure its quite what I am looking for. Horror in gaming isnt a big draw for me but thanks for alerting me to the fact that there is an ALIEN rpg though.

spoofer
February 5th, 2022, 14:50
I normally look here...

The filthy pig inn and tavern

This is an oceanic discord server. Mostly it is Aussies, a few people from East Asia, and a few Kiwis too.

WhoreofBabylon
February 6th, 2022, 22:24

I'm keen for the Alien RPG; if your still looking for people and will have me that is. That looks really fun/hard.

spoofer
February 9th, 2022, 13:15
I'm keen for the Alien RPG; if your still looking for people and will have me that is. That looks really fun/hard.

I sent you a PM.