PDA

View Full Version : Where is 'Focus Crit' and 'Focus 1,1D' coming from on damage rolls?

Saagael
February 1st, 2022, 02:44
I'm trying to set up some new characters for a game and all of the damage rolls have the text

[FOCUS 1,1D] [FOCUS CRIT ]

after every damage roll. Anyone know where this text is coming from and how I can get rid of it?

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2022, 02:48
Some questions:
* Are you running any extensions?
* How did you create the rolls?
* Do you have any unpacked rulesets in your FG data folder under rulesets subfolder?

That text is passed as part of the damage roll information for 4E; but the code is set up to strip that information automatically when the roll completes before it is displayed in chat. (line 504 of ActionDamage script)

Reagrds,
JPG

Saagael
February 1st, 2022, 03:18
* I was running a theme, but I've removed it and the text is still there
* I've tried using a damage action on a power as well as from weapon entry on the Combat tab. Text is there in both cases. The power and the item were added via drag/drop from a module.
* No unpacked rulesets that would interact with 4e; just some that I'm working on. Not 4e or CoreRPG

Saagael
February 1st, 2022, 03:20
I'm looking at the code, and I think the issue is because the Comm.deliverMessage accepts rMessage as its arg, the text for which is un-edited. The string.gsub should be on rMessage.text, not rRoll.sDesc

EDIT: Replacing line 504 with this seems to work.

rMessage.text = string.gsub(rMessage.text, " %[FOCUS ([^]]+)%]", "");

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2022, 04:50
Good catch. That would do it. I'll include with the next 4E update.

Regards,
JPG