PDA

View Full Version : FGU_How to erase GREY strings below "Powers" (apparently unerasable)

Galdor
February 1st, 2022, 00:26
Hi,
I tried to insert a Power effect but this was the result:

How may I erase such GREY strings below "Powers" (circled in light blue), apparently unerasable?

Zarestia
February 1st, 2022, 01:41
There seems to be a problem somewhere. How did you try to "insert a power effect"?

Normally, you type the wanted "power name" into the groupfield right beside the name field. Press tab or enter and you got a new power group.

If you want to create effects, change the display option below to "Actions" and right-click a spell -> Add Action -> Add Effect. Open the effect via the magnifying glass and you can add your effect text there.

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2022, 02:49
Also, are you running any extensions in the campaign? If so, try disabling, and checking again.

If still an issue, please post a zipped up copy of the campaign folder.

Regards,
JPG

Galdor
February 1st, 2022, 11:42
There seems to be a problem somewhere. How did you try to "insert a power effect"?

Normally, you type the wanted "power name" into the groupfield right beside the name field. Press tab or enter and you got a new power group.

If you want to create effects, change the display option below to "Actions" and right-click a spell -> Add Action -> Add Effect. Open the effect via the magnifying glass and you can add your effect text there.
The point is that I wish to ERASE what I wrongly created! (I honestly don't care anything else)

Also, are you running any extensions in the campaign? If so, try disabling, and checking again.
I was running the "Wood Theme" extension: I disabled it, but the issue still remains..

damned
February 1st, 2022, 12:37
This character has seen too much. Sacrifice her to the Great Goat King so that his baleful gaze might pass over the rest of you and no more of ye may suffer from the cursed grey strings. Do it before the moon cometh into alignment with the red planet or the dwarf star - for both shall refocus his attention all the more upon thee. In time the pain of the sacrifice of one shall be welcomed with wine and song by the many - but act swiftly and tarry not for the moon doth rise in the night sky already!

Galdor
February 1st, 2022, 13:05
This character has seen too much. Sacrifice her to the Great Goat King so that his baleful gaze might pass over the rest of you and no more of ye may suffer from the cursed grey strings. Do it before the moon cometh into alignment with the red planet or the dwarf star - for both shall refocus his attention all the more upon thee. In time the pain of the sacrifice of one shall be welcomed with wine and song by the many - but act swiftly and tarry not for the moon doth rise in the night sky already!
Beg your pardon?! :D
The character is a mighty male barbarian, so I can't sacrifice "her" :p

Anyway, trying to interpret your enigmatic words, you mean I have to wait for a next update/fix?
Or you suggest to rewrite the character in a new character sheet and delete this bugged?:confused:

DCrumb
February 1st, 2022, 15:26
I believe that damned is saying the latter.

Galdor
February 1st, 2022, 15:37
I believe that damned is saying the latter.
Done (even if it was a bit time consuming)
Anyway, congrats to Damned: he was amazing ;)

Roach
February 2nd, 2022, 18:18
Hmm... if you (double)click on the invalid power group header, does the group open up with a spell/power? If so, you can try to click i that power's "Power group field and delete the faulty entry)in extremis, ctrl-A to highlight all and then pressing Del...)
I had it happen once as well and believe that's how I fixed it, though it could be I simply deleted the whole spell/power, cleaning out the group (IIRC, simply deleting the powers means you don't get the Delete this button in the header line so try this last)

Galdor
February 2nd, 2022, 18:25
Hmm... if you (double)click on the invalid power group header, does the group open up with a spell/power?
No

in extremis, ctrl-A to highlight all and then pressing Del...)
I tried, but it did not work

I simply deleted the whole spell/power, cleaning out the group (IIRC, simply deleting the powers means you don't get the Delete this button in the header line so try this last)
It did not work.

Anyway, I've already made what Damned suggested: I rewrote whole the character and deleted the 'bugged' one

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2022, 18:39
As the title of the power group is long the delete button is off the edge to the right - resize the character sheet to increase the width so you can see the delete button.