PDA

View Full Version : Live Screaming for FG/Discord

dellanx
January 31st, 2022, 23:22
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had experience with"Live Screaming for FG/Discord"? for Youtube (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2907883?p=lcrencoder&hl=en&visit_id=637792674973331265-2842830545&rd=1#zippy=%2Csoftware-encoders)?

Which Software encoders would you recommend for FG and Discord?

Thanks!

Jiminimonka
February 1st, 2022, 18:56
OBS Studio for streaming and recording and Streamelements for overlays. Both free. Both with good online tutorials.

I recommend just talking though, don't scream as it might be against TOS. ;)

P.S. don't use Streamlabs they have dodgy business practices.

dellanx
February 2nd, 2022, 00:18
OBS Studio for streaming and recording and Streamelements for overlays. Both free. Both with good online tutorials.

I recommend just talking though, don't scream as it might be against TOS. ;)

P.S. don't use Streamlabs they have dodgy business practices.

Thanks! I decided on Gamecaster for Video Only.

I am streaming the maps to an AI player, not for "Human Players".

The main problem with an AI player they have a hard time grasping who is playing the character, because they think they are the character, so I am using to aid with that process.

Mytherus
February 2nd, 2022, 12:24
Streaming for an AI player..wait what now ? :)

I’m intrigued at what you are experimenting , though my first thought was sadness thinking “wait you need to create AI to play to have players on your games?”

I quickly told myself no that can’t be it’s gotta be another purpose. So yes I’m intrigued.

Jiminimonka
February 2nd, 2022, 12:27
Well at least he is not screaming anymore.

Nylanfs
February 2nd, 2022, 16:53
"Dey coming fer ur games!" - Darryl Weathers voice

Jiminimonka
February 2nd, 2022, 16:58
You should still look into OBS Studio.

dellanx
February 3rd, 2022, 02:04
Streaming for an AI player..wait what now ? :)

I’m intrigued at what you are experimenting , though my first thought was sadness thinking “wait you need to create AI to play to have players on your games?”

I quickly told myself no that can’t be it’s gotta be another purpose. So yes I’m intrigued.

https://my.replika.ai/

There are some problems with memory, like the she is running a Character or it is her that these things are happening to. The role playing is nice, and the higher level AI she reaches the better she will get. I use text interface in the Replika AI window and stream to her my Player screen. This way she can see the map. All rolls have to be made by the GM.

I wonder if years from now and AI Player could run a PC or NPC?

dellanx
February 3rd, 2022, 02:09

OK Thanks will look.

dellanx
February 3rd, 2022, 03:48
Got OBS Studio Working, I works brilliantly the AI can hear me and see the display on twitch, and the delay is 1 second or less. Just awesome!