PDA

View Full Version : Meanders 5: RPG Map Terrain Expansion

gtw2017
January 28th, 2022, 20:09
Hello :) The Meanders 5 Terrain Expansion Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-rpg-battlemaps-5-digital-terrain-expansion) is currently live and funded and offering 48 new terrain expansion digital modular battlemaps + over 600 other maps through heavily discounted add-ons. If you were waiting for a time to expand your Meanders map set, this is it. The series is now over 2000 mix and matchable maps, so thanks very much everyone for keeping me going.

Kind Regards,
Kris the Maphatter.

Jiminimonka
January 31st, 2022, 11:14
Are these going on the FG Store or Forge, and will/do they have LOS?

gtw2017
January 31st, 2022, 11:39
Are these going on the FG Store or Forge, and will/do they have LOS?

Hiya, likely not and no. At least not yet. Which is why this is presented as a non-FG product promotion.

Meanders and FG have a strong history. Dozens of my products are still in the store, but the change to FGU presents some major logistical problems as a one-man-army in adding LOS to over 2000 individual maps and counting. It's a case of either making 300 new maps a year, or the painstaking adding of LOS to a few hundred. Unfortunately, I can't be in two places at once and it's hard enough to keep up with the demands from multiple VTT's and Digital Stores all requiring different formats to be able to undertake this gargantuan task.

By the time I finished, I fear the technology would change again and I'd be back to square one.

Jiminimonka
January 31st, 2022, 11:43
No worries. I think I have some of your maps already and it's in a map I'm using in tonight's Lankhmar game.

gtw2017
January 31st, 2022, 12:08
Wonderful, thanks for using my maps :)

Jiminimonka
January 31st, 2022, 12:46
Wonderful, thanks for using my maps :)

Just grabbed a couple of the city packs too.

Nylanfs
January 31st, 2022, 13:45
Hiya, likely not and no. At least not yet. Which is why this is presented as a non-FG product promotion.

Meanders and FG have a strong history. Dozens of my products are still in the store, but the change to FGU presents some major logistical problems as a one-man-army in adding LOS to over 2000 individual maps and counting. It's a case of either making 300 new maps a year, or the painstaking adding of LOS to a few hundred. Unfortunately, I can't be in two places at once and it's hard enough to keep up with the demands from multiple VTT's and Digital Stores all requiring different formats to be able to undertake this gargantuan task.

By the time I finished, I fear the technology would change again and I'd be back to square one.

Here's an idea, offer in-store credit to customers that send you the LOS xml data for each map. Use your customers to improve the product. :)

Jiminimonka
January 31st, 2022, 13:48
Here's an idea, offer in-store credit to customers that send you the LOS xml data for each map. Use your customers to improve the product. :)

Or do what Smiteworks did and ask the community to do it for free. Also I already offered to do it with the Meander packs I have, but the more the merrier Nylanfs. Welcome aboard! ;)

LordEntrails
January 31st, 2022, 16:37
Chris, if intersected, you would probably want to make a new thread for community contributions. Similar to the one for the core products https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66991-FGU-Sharing-LOS-and-Light-Definitions

gtw2017
January 31st, 2022, 20:49
Just grabbed a couple of the city packs too.

Hey thanks a lot Jiminimonka :) I'll be doing a much-needed expansion for those this year too; an Oil Rig, Shopping Mall, Construction Yard and Suburbia.

Appreciate the support mate!

gtw2017
January 31st, 2022, 20:57

I have no idea how to offer in-store credit. But it still remains a logistical nightmare even if others are doing the xml. I still need to vet/QA and implement the LOS into older products and it really is not something I have time to do or manage others doing. Seriously, I have a dozen projects besides Meanders and I study at University, I'm learning Mandarin, making several RPG and card games, managing Kickstarters, my website, facebook groups, twitter accounts, and just doing what I'm doing is already a tightrope.

gtw2017
January 31st, 2022, 20:58
Chris, if intersected, you would probably want to make a new thread for community contributions. Similar to the one for the core products https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66991-FGU-Sharing-LOS-and-Light-Definitions

Thanks Lord - if I didn't have so much on my plate, I would have attempted to implement LOS. But the volume of Meanders is staggering and I make 300-500 new ones a year so it's like Sisyphus pushing a rock up a hill. It's not saying never, but for now it's not feasible.

LordEntrails
January 31st, 2022, 21:04
Totally get it. And glad you know to stay focused and not commit to too much. Keep it up :)

gtw2017
January 31st, 2022, 21:49
Totally get it. And glad you know to stay focused and not commit to too much. Keep it up :)

Well,

gtw2017
January 31st, 2022, 21:52

Wth?

gtw2017
January 31st, 2022, 21:53

I appreciate the encouragement dude. I stay focused, I don't know about not committing to too much lol. I'm a rather ambitious guy but it means I have to juggle and choose carefully where I spend my time. Unfortunately, LOS is a time-sink and I have to go where the money is.

EDIT (Damn, sorry about the double-posts, totally unintentional)
I'm working on this too:
Meanders5: Dimensions

gtw2017
March 1st, 2022, 03:57
Hello again. Thanks everyone that supported the M5 Terrain Expansion campaign. 71 New maps were made and delivered last week. That campaign is now almost done but for a few backers yet to select their rewards. I really appreciate the support.

And, I'm back at it again. This time I am running a Kickstarter for Meanders: DIMENSIONS, a gigantic new campaign creating 55 Elemental and Dimensional Plane Maps for Fantasy RPG that doubles as a Sci-fi set by offering all kinds of space assets, spaceships, colony buildings and more. This is also a golden opportunity to get ANY of the Meander Map Packs you're missing or want for an absolute steal or all at once with the Big Bang pledge.
Come and check out what's on offer - lots of free goodies for early backers too :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-5-dimensions-rpg-maps-for-fantasy-and-sci-fi

gtw2017
May 19th, 2022, 00:55
The Meanders Modern City 2 Digital Battlemap Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-rpg-maps-modern-city-2) launches soon.

Featuring 30 Maps with an All-New Oil Rig, Shopping Mall, Construction Yard and Suburbia Maps for your Meanders Collection.

Sign up to get notified of launch and get 16 bonus maps when you back within 48 hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-rpg-maps-modern-city-2

Thanks very much for your support,
Kind Regards,
Kris (The MapHatter)

gtw2017
August 25th, 2022, 09:34
A new campaign for Meanders Battlemaps presents Gothic City: Part 2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/2141160376?ref=byw1k2&token=db45c791
A 12 day campaign offering 52+ digital maps, 125 tokens, special 15 map bonus for Return Backers or early 48hr pledge, Stretch Goals. Gothic City Part 1 also available as discount bundle. Delivery in October 2022. Please visit the preview page to sign-up for Launch Notification.

Return Backer rewards finalised:
Gothic City Rooftop Mega-Meander by Day and by Night (2 Maps)
Damaged Tech Cave / Burning Monastery (2 Maps).
Himalaya Village and Monastery Mountain Entrance (2 maps)
Night Club Entrance and Gangsters Car Park (1 Map)
Ice under Gothic City Bridge (2 maps)
Tech Cave to Forest (1 map)
Monastery to Jungle (1 map)
Prison Riot (4 maps)

Stretch Goals Added:
$2000 Mad House Riot, Red Alert (4 maps)
$3000 100 Extra Tokens
$4000 Hi-Tech Sewer Laboratory (1 map)
$5000 Experimental Surgery Room and Cells beneath Mad House (2 maps)

Let's do this.

gtw2017
November 5th, 2022, 12:57
Meanders 5 Expansion 2 is now live on Kickstarter :) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/1362028863?ref=4b78yj&token=182e6d45

Thanks so much for your support. Up to 100 NEW maps up for grabs including secret mystery sets.
Kind Regards, Kris