PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Society #4-13: Hard Reset SAT January 29th @ 6.30 PM UTC

stephan_
January 24th, 2022, 12:14
Tier 1-4.

Please schedule around 4 hours for the game.

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=6274), stating which character you'd like to play.

RPG Chronicles link (https://www.rpgchronicles.net/session/3a6feafb-2530-48e1-aee3-ff31a18c979c/pregame)

Starfinder Society Guide. (https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/Lorespire/Starfinder-Society-Guide-to-Organized-Play)

Should the scenario be delayed, we may have to reschedule.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

When a simulated training mission goes wrong, a team of novice Starfinders find themselves trapped in a corrupted version of the virtual reality training program. After meeting a mysterious stranger within the system, they face an important choice: exit the program, or stay and fight to save Guidance from the Data Scourge? If they choose to fight, they experience strange revelations and battle dangerous glitches—all leading to the truth behind the Data Scourge attacks.

Written by: Joseph Blomquist

Scenario tags: Metaplot (Data Scourge), Faction (Dataphiles)

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds Unity (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak (Discord as a backup).

Steps before the game:

If you apply, make sure you let me know your Paizo Organized Play #, character # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG information and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.have been able to play.

Ulric
January 24th, 2022, 15:48
I'll play Greedok Level 1 Solarian.

Malkavian_Andi
January 24th, 2022, 18:46
I'm in, too. I'll check later which character to play. Probably safest to go with a level 1 or 2 character I guess.

jgreishaw
January 25th, 2022, 01:00
Carter and I are in. We’ll bring Spartan (Mechanic-4) and One (Operative-4)

wolaberry
January 26th, 2022, 13:43
I can bring a Witchwarper 4, Envoy 3. or Vanguard 2. With all due respect to the authors and dev team, there is NO WAY I am bringing my SRO into a Data Scourge scenario.

Running this at a local convention mid February, it would be good to play it first.

XYZenori
January 26th, 2022, 15:04
I'll join with my Technomancer 1 if there is still room.

stephan_
January 26th, 2022, 17:09
I believe so, yes.

With that currently all spots filled.

Also there is no cause for concern, holodeck missions rarely go wrong after all.

XYZenori
January 27th, 2022, 05:46
I have a SFS question.

Since this is my first SFS character and am still level 1, am I allowed to make minor changes to my character, like change where I put an optional skill rank? I think I want to move a rank from Acrobatics to Profession Archaeologist.

stephan_
January 27th, 2022, 11:06
Yes, as long as you're still level 1.

"Rebuilding Your Character

After playing a new character, you might find aspects of your character you would like to change. Don’t worry! Until you play a game in which your character starts with 3 or more XP, you can freely rebuild your character completely. The character retains their Reputation earned and character number. "

Ulric
January 27th, 2022, 14:21
Yes, as long as you're still level 1.

"Rebuilding Your Character

After playing a new character, you might find aspects of your character you would like to change. Don’t worry! Until you play a game in which your character starts with 3 or more XP, you can freely rebuild your character completely. The character retains their Reputation earned and character number. "
Well that's something I missed! I may make a few changes.

stephan_
January 27th, 2022, 18:49
Currently it seems we have

Ulric with Greedok Level 1 Solarian

Malkavian_Andi with a level 1 or 2 character

jgreishaw and Carter with Spartan (Mechanic-4) and One (Operative-4)

wolaberry with Witchwarper 4, Envoy 3. or Vanguard 2.

XYZenori with Technomancer 1

I also see dmkevin on the calendar but no post in this thread.

Subtier is anyone's guess currently.

stephan_
January 27th, 2022, 22:49
One thing I'll remind everyone of is that having a party with a very wide spread of levels can to lead to either very hard or pretty easy games.

Edit: If there is overwhelming interest in this scenario (more than 6 players) let me know and I can try to split it into a lower tier and higher tier game (at different times for obvious reasons).

XYZenori
January 28th, 2022, 04:15
Level 1 is my only option.

Ulric
January 28th, 2022, 16:01
Level 1 is also my only option. I’m willing to hang in the back of the action if the encounter is too dangerous if that’s what it takes.

Malkavian_Andi
January 28th, 2022, 16:24
Malkavian_Andi with a level 1 or 2 character
That was my target under the assumption there would be primarily level 1 and 2 characters, since at that time, the only other players who had signed up were the ones with level 1 as their only option. I can easily bring a level 3 or 4 character if we want a high tier game.

Edit: After reviewing my characters (during which I also found out I have 7 characters I still need to level up...), here are my options:

- Tangazo (Witchwarper 2)
- Thogrur McCreag (Vanguard 3)
- Mindaji (Biohacker 3)
- Dawor Starshadow (Mystic 4)
- K'esiti (Technomancer 4)
- DJ Nightsky (Soldier 4)
- Kubeba (Solarian 4)

stephan_
January 29th, 2022, 10:06
Updated information, currently:

Ulric with Greedok Level 1 Solarian

Malkavian_Andi with a level 2, 3 or 4 character

jgreishaw with Spartan (Mechanic-4)

wolaberry with Witchwarper 4, Envoy 3. or Vanguard 2.

XYZenori with Technomancer 1

Maybe dmkevin.

So subtier will very much depend on what everyone brings, though lower subtier may be a bit more likely.

Malkavian_Andi
January 29th, 2022, 15:18
I'm leaning toward playing the 2nd level character. I suppose low subtier would be healthier for the level 1 characters.

wolaberry
January 29th, 2022, 18:01
I have a 2 or 3 I could play instead.

stephan_
January 29th, 2022, 18:03
The server is up.

stephan_
January 29th, 2022, 23:39
Chronicles sent.

If anyone has any questions let me know.

Based on the previous rhythm, I'll likely aim for two weeks from now for the next session - I do know another GM had some interest in running some low-level SFS too so I'll try to coordinate with him though.

Ulric
January 30th, 2022, 13:35
Thank you!

XYZenori
January 31st, 2022, 15:45
Generally, I am free on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and all Sundays. So for February, I am available Saturday 2/5 and 2/19 and all Sundays 2/6, 2/13, 2/20 and 2/27. I think only the 6:30 pm UTC slot works for me being at UTC-8. Thanks for running a fun session!

jgreishaw
January 31st, 2022, 17:09
2/5 6:30 timeslot would work for me too. Is there a proposed scenario number?

stephan_
January 31st, 2022, 23:29
2/5 may work, depending on everyone's availability.

As we still have several level 1s, I'd be inclined to run another 1-2, Starfinder Society Intro #2: For the Factions being a possible choice.

jgreishaw
February 1st, 2022, 02:45
Sounds good.

stephan_
February 1st, 2022, 11:02
For Saturday, February 5th at 6.30 PM UTC,

options would be

A. Starfinder Society Intro #2: For the Factions

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-2.
A group of new Starfinders are sent to complete missions for the Society's major factions, the clout-obsessed and resourceful Acquisitives, the secretive Dataphiles, the stalwart Exo-Guardians, and the adventurous Wayfinders.
Written by: Kate Baker
Scenario tags: Repeatable, Starship
Estimated time: Around 3-4 hours

B. Starfinder Society Quest: Into the Unknown

A series of five Starfinder Quests designed for 1st-level characters.
When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.
Into the Unknown includes five, 1-hour adventures that take the PCs from exploring Absalom Station, to partaking in starship combat, to exploring an alien world. The fifth adventure in the series provides a stunning conclusion that takes the PC's previous accomplishments into account for a climactic final showdown against an enemy starship.
Written by Ron Lundeen.
Scenario Tags: Quest, Repeatable, Starship
Estimated time: Around 4 hours

C. Starfinder Society Scenario #1-01: The Commencement
A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-2.
All Starfinders complete their training by conferring with Guidance—a network of uploaded personalities embodying paragons from the Starfinder Society's history. Before receiving the blessing of Guidance, the PCs must meet with and assist critical missions on behalf of key leaders of the Society's leading factions. With the events of the Scoured Stars Incident still fresh in everyone's memory, there's plenty that needs doing to set the Society back on track.
The Commencement is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the factions of the Starfinder Society and areas of importance on Absalom Station.
Written by Eleanor Ferron.
Scenario Tags: Repeatable
Estimated time: Around 3-4 hours

Any preferences?

jgreishaw
February 2nd, 2022, 00:25
B sounds fun, but how realistic is the 5 hr total quest time?

Malkavian_Andi
February 2nd, 2022, 07:04
B sounds fun, but how realistic is the 5 hr total quest time?

I suppose that depends on how well players roll. The non-starship quests are rather straight-forward, but then there's 2 (!) starship combats.

stephan_
February 2nd, 2022, 11:11
I suppose that depends on how well players roll. The non-starship quests are rather straight-forward, but then there's 2 (!) starship combats.

Pretty much. Starship combat will be the deciding factor for length.

That being said, I usually estimate around 45 minutes per quest .

XYZenori
February 2nd, 2022, 14:40
Both A and B sound good. I like the idea of at least one starship combat to get our feet wet.

jgreishaw
February 2nd, 2022, 22:16
Both A and B sound good. I like the idea of at least one starship combat to get our feet wet.

Either of those sound good to me too!

stephan_
February 3rd, 2022, 12:27
Starfinder Society Quest: Into the Unknown SAT February 5th @ 6.30 PM UTC (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72462)