PDA

View Full Version : Castles & Crusades Rule Set – Help, Bug Reports and Feedback

Troll Lord Games
January 22nd, 2022, 22:30
For questions and/or support of our new releases on the Fantasy Grounds Forge - https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/253/view-profile, please contact our dev, GregRex here or on our support channel in our official discord server located here: https://discord.gg/trolllordgames (https://discord.gg/trolllordgames).

NOTE: Our older legacy products are no longer supported with the new release so they, plus extensions, mod files, etc. are not guaranteed to work and may contain outdated or inaccurate information.

We would like to thank everyone that has played and supported our products over the years, we are a small company but we try to be as big as we can when it comes to helping folks enjoy gaming.

-Troll Lord Games

Baufrin
January 23rd, 2022, 04:14
So as illustrated here in this screen shot Not sure if the table or the piece of equipment is stated wrong. Cuir Bouille ac on the Item is listed as +2. Table shows as a +4 other data seems to be inline with the Armaments Table.51129

dungerotis
January 25th, 2022, 19:32
Hello,

I just got the new books from the Forge (Players handbook and Monsters & Treasures) and set up a new game with unity but my players keep getting kicked out of the session. The error they are getting is Unknown Ruleset name. I put a picture of their log below.

JohnD
January 26th, 2022, 02:48
Hello,

I just got the new books from the Forge (Players handbook and Monsters & Treasures) and set up a new game with unity but my players keep getting kicked out of the session. The error they are getting is Unknown Ruleset name. I put a picture of their log below.

Are they completely updated?

dungerotis
January 26th, 2022, 02:52
Are they completely updated?

Yup, and I even started a brand new game. Still no luck.

JohnD
January 26th, 2022, 03:00
Would you like me to try and connect to see if I get the same thing? I was just on with someone 20 minutes ago; I connected to him fine and he connected to me fine.

PM me your server password at JohnD#1818 in Discord.

dungerotis
January 26th, 2022, 03:03
Would you like me to try and connect to see if I get the same thing? I was just on with someone 20 minutes ago; I connected to him fine and he connected to me fine.

Sure, GM name Dungerotis Password AthixGame

JohnD
January 26th, 2022, 03:17
Attached is what I see when loading the ruleset on my side;

For anyone else; I was able to connect to dungerotis' FGU instance.

dungerotis
January 26th, 2022, 03:26
Attached is what I see when loading the ruleset on my side;

For anyone else; I was able to connect to dungerotis' FGU instance.

I have the same ruleset and though you were able to log on, I tried to log on from my laptop with another account and I keep getting kicked out and the unknown ruleset error. It's very frustrating. My players can log on using other rulesets like 5E, so if I can't figure it out, I'm going to move on.

The other error I get at the top of the log is unable to save file to cache file.

Moon Wizard
January 26th, 2022, 07:04
It sounds like something is blocking the FG application from saving the player cache information on the computers that are having the issue. This usually happens when users install the FG data folder to a non-default location that the logged in user does not have permissions to modify.

You can try deleting the "cache" subfolder in the FG data folder on the player machine(s) where the issue is occurring (while FG is closed); and see if that fixes the issue.

Otherwise, you'll need to pull the full logs using the "Compile Logs" button on the console that pops open when you get the error to get more information on what is happening with that player instance.

Regards,
JPG

JohnD
January 29th, 2022, 16:21
Feedback; give us the new covers of the CKG and PHB as graphics files we can use for table background.

ProfDogg
February 14th, 2022, 00:33
Feedback; give us the new covers of the CKG and PHB as graphics files we can use for table background.

Speaking of which, which covers are for the new Bestiary (for those of who have both the old files and these new ones)? The Red Dragon swooping down on the archer is the old one right? The Chimera is the new one right? I can't find copyrights or version numbers in either Bestiary and now I can't remember for certain which one I had before.

Troll Lord Games
February 15th, 2022, 15:50

Working on it :)

Troll Lord Games
February 15th, 2022, 15:52
Speaking of which, which covers are for the new Bestiary (for those of who have both the old files and these new ones)? The Red Dragon swooping down on the archer is the old one right? The Chimera is the new one right? I can't find copyrights or version numbers in either Bestiary and now I can't remember for certain which one I had before.

You want the one with the cover matching the cover in the Forge. We are working on updating our products on the forge with a release year so it's easier to see. Thanks for your input!

ProfDogg
February 15th, 2022, 17:29
You want the one with the cover matching the cover in the Forge. We are working on updating our products on the forge with a release year so it's easier to see. Thanks for your input!

Neither match.

stefou
March 2nd, 2022, 07:35
I'm really enjoying the new ruleset & FGU.

In the party sheet's main tab:

Under ability check for the party. It would be great to have a CL section to input the CL of the party roll. That way, once sent to the group chat, the actual success or failure of the group check could be displayed.

thx!

Baufrin
March 9th, 2022, 20:40
I noticed that when the race elf is added to a character sheet dex increases but stamina doesn't decrease.

ProfDogg
March 22nd, 2022, 00:36
OK, adding in custom Effects... OK, first entry (no matter what) I add into the box creates some kind of scrolling overlapping field... The second one duplicates the 1st entry but can be edited. I applied a condition that I created to an NPC (ABIL:-2 strength) and it essentially tripled the penalty to -6. I applied another condition (ATK:-10) and it became -19??? I think it's adding it from my base entry (which is now covered up with characters) plus the actual applied condition with probably some weird formula tweak of some kind embedded. I kind of give up right now trying to sort it out... Look at my screen-shot when you can and compare with adding in your own conditions to see the same. 52114

ProfDogg
March 22nd, 2022, 00:55
OK, adding in custom Effects... OK, first entry (no matter what) I add into the box creates some kind of scrolling overlapping field... The second one duplicates the 1st entry but can be edited. I applied a condition that I created to an NPC (ABIL:-2 strength) and it essentially tripled the penalty to -6. I applied another condition (ATK:-10) and it became -19??? I think it's adding it from my base entry (which is now covered up with characters) plus the actual applied condition with probably some weird formula tweak of some kind embedded. I kind of give up right now trying to sort it out... Look at my screen-shot when you can and compare with adding in your own conditions to see the same. 52114

Also, just tried it by manually adding the condition in the tracker. It worked fine. My work-around is to keep a Note file with the conditions listed so I can copy/paste on the fly. But it would be nice to be able to just click a button from the Effects box.

ProfDogg
April 6th, 2022, 01:25
Adventures Backpack has several spell links that connect to the PHB 8th ed (if the book is open). Except they don't... 52307

Mortar
April 15th, 2022, 14:22
Adventures Backpack has several spell links that connect to the PHB 8th ed (if the book is open). Except they don't... 52307

This has been fixed, just waiting for it to get pushed on the Forge

turelus
May 22nd, 2022, 11:29
Not sure if it's intended or not, but the Baldric Belts in FG module are marked as containers rather than normal clothing items as they're shown in the PHB.

Noonien
July 3rd, 2022, 20:21
Will there be one or more adventure modules for low level (2-4) in the next future ?

Daleus
September 12th, 2022, 12:07
Haven't played in a while (I don't know what update might have caused these problems), but in my last two sessions, some errors.

1/ When I add NPCs to the Combat Tracker, FGU throws errors that appear to be related to the faction of the NPCs. Throws error on both DM and Player clients.

2/ The combat tracker no longer respects the option setting that determines if the Combat Tracker will show actual HPs or just a Status. When I add NPCS/Critters to the Combat Tracker, the options setting is ignored and the combatants are shown with the HPs, regardless of the setting, and I have to cycle the option setting through all options and back to Status to get the setting to show properly.

GregRex
February 4th, 2023, 19:59
I just ran C1 Mortality of Green. We had a blast. Small bug to report... unless a missed a secret reveal somwhere.

Quagmire the troll was created with Hill Giant stats, I suspect it should have been Troll(Hill).

scoot138
May 18th, 2023, 04:53
Several items entries in the PHB and AB are missing currency type for their value. Examples are Rhomphaia, Naginata, and Axe, Bone

scoot138
September 2nd, 2023, 17:37
Chat input field is hidden behind the GM and language drop downs on the chat window after recent updates, only on CK side and not on player side.

scottgeg
September 10th, 2023, 17:27
I am having the same issue as above, the GM and language drop downs are over the input bar in the chat window.

Hapa
September 13th, 2023, 04:26
Same re: chat input. Also the labels on the sidebar is quite hard to read with the default theme.

scoot138
September 18th, 2023, 00:46
Thank you for the fix!

Hapa
September 18th, 2023, 13:52
There's an issue on the Inventory tab/page of the PC sheet. The alignment is off so this is making it so you can't see the Edit button.

ProfDogg
October 25th, 2023, 02:57
Have located two separate issues tonight... Spells in the character sheet for NPCs have font alignment issues when adding new spells. It's workable but a real pain...

Also, I opened the mod for Of Gods and Monsters module and the entries are blank... Also, got some error popups...

GregRex
October 27th, 2023, 01:36
10/26/2023 Bug Fixes and Updates:

-PC Record Inventory iadd and iedit button anchor issues fixed
-PC Record Spells Spell List anchoring fixed
-General Theming clean up

Bug fix focus for next release is deprecated dice drop functions on the CT

GregRex
October 27th, 2023, 01:38
@ProfDogg, I didn't think of it until just now but the NPC Spells should have been resolved with my PC record fix.

ProfDogg
October 27th, 2023, 02:23
@ProfDogg, I didn't think of it until just now but the NPC Spells should have been resolved with my PC record fix.

There's always going to be '"mysteries"... Regardless --- Thank you!!!

ProfDogg
October 27th, 2023, 13:14
There's always going to be '"mysteries"... Regardless --- Thank you!!!

Just checked Greg... The NPC sheet is good now... Also thank you for fixing the font... That's very easy on my old eyes now... Much, much obliged...

GregRex
October 29th, 2023, 14:32
Hi all, I tentatively took over to help maintain the ruleset and help with the code updates for the C&C ruleset on the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/253/view-profile). After pushing my first minor updates I feel comfortable enough to take over and continue to work on the ruleset.

I started a Trello board and did my best to track down outstanding bugs and feature requests: https://trello.com/b/k2xwG6t7/fg-castles-and-crusades-ruleset

My primary sources are the Fantasy Grounds Forums C&C Bug Reports and Feedback (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72294-Castles-amp-Crusades-Rule-Set-%96-Help-Bug-Reports-and-Feedback) (here) and the C&C Suggestion Box's (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?73340-Castles-amp-Crusades-Suggestion-Box) Idea Informer: http://cnc-fg.idea.informer.com/

There are probably various reports across different Discord servers ( I scrolled around looking) and I may have missed something applicable to the existing Forge Ruleset. Please let me know if I missed something.

Bug fixes are a priority for me right now. I will work on feature requests and quality-of-life improvements as I become more immersed in the code.

Trollzah!
Greg

ROB THE TALL
December 16th, 2023, 06:06
1. When combat tracker is opened multiple messages appear in chat. " button_ctentry_tokenvis - DEPRECATED - 2022-08-16 Contact ruleset/extention/forge author" etc.

2. When party sheet is used to target on combat tracker message appears in chat "windowclass: ct_targets - DEPRECATED - 2022-08-16...."

Trenloe
December 16th, 2023, 11:57
1. When combat tracker is opened multiple messages appear in chat. " button_ctentry_tokenvis - DEPRECATED - 2022-08-16 Contact ruleset/extention/forge author" etc.

2. When party sheet is used to target on combat tracker message appears in chat "windowclass: ct_targets - DEPRECATED - 2022-08-16...."
I've moved this post to the bug reporting thread for the C&C ruleset. Hopefully the devs will see it soon and address the issue.

ROB THE TALL
December 17th, 2023, 01:23
Thank you for moving it to the proper spot.

GregRex
December 24th, 2023, 02:07
@ROB THE TALL, thank you for your report. I got the major fixes, I believe, in and live. You can read the general updates here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72292-Castles-amp-Crusades-Rule-Set-%96-Official-Announcements-amp-Updates&p=704524#post704524

ROB THE TALL
December 24th, 2023, 06:12
Thank you for your work and quick response. That bug is fixed unfortunately however, I managed to stumble upon a similar one. When I have a NPC targeted in the combat tracker and click on the spell description the chat puts out "sub_ref_header - DEPRECATED - 2023-06-27 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author, frame_ref_content - DEPRECATED - 2023-06-27 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author". Again thank you for your work and happy holidays.

GregRex
December 24th, 2023, 12:20
Thanks ROB, I was able to reproduce. I'll add it to my list of upcoming fixes.

BangsNaughtyBits
February 6th, 2024, 19:40
Potential cosmetic BUG. When using a dark FG Theme, the character sheet has a few issues. On the first tab of the character sheet, the ability labels, Strength, Dexterity, etc... are hard-coded black text and difficult to read with themes like FG Dark or FG Modern Dark. Completely opposite, on the first and second tabs the AC: Body and AC: Head values are placed on golden graphics. Unfortunately, the text is modified by the theme and lighter text in a dark theme is nearly illegible.

TheFastEddy
February 24th, 2024, 21:58
Hi ;
I found a wee bug in the spells department. Unseen servant has the Secure Shelter description in stead of unseen servant.
Cheers
Ed

GregRex
March 4th, 2024, 03:59
I think I am catching up on bugs and hot fixes. Please check out the latest announcements here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72292-Castles-amp-Crusades-Rule-Set-%96-Official-Announcements-amp-Updates&p=709625#post709625

If you would like to see my Trello board to track what I am tracking you can find it here: https://trello.com/b/k2xwG6t7/fg-castles-and-crusades-ruleset

If it appears I missed something please let me know in this thread.

Also, if there are features you'd like to see I should be in a position after the FG v4.5.0 release to start working on new code. TLG uses their own Idea Informer for the Fantasy Grounds ruelset. I started parsing in the top votes to my Trello Board. You can submit or upvote new features here: http://cnc-fg.idea.informer.com/

scoot138
March 4th, 2024, 12:53
http://cnc-fg.idea.informer.com/
that brings up a 404

GregRex
March 4th, 2024, 13:17
@scoot138, Yep, it's gone dark in the last 12 hours. I'll reach out to the owner later today if it doesn't come back up. Thanks for reporting!

scoot138
March 9th, 2024, 06:38
Unable to access the pictures and tokens menus from the PC character sheet, it still just brings up the select portrait window. It is functioning properly for NPCs

scoot138
March 9th, 2024, 06:47
Blood splat and death markers are no longer showing up on tokens