PDA

View Full Version : LFP to start a new D&D 5e Party in Forgotten Realms

Shade18
January 21st, 2022, 03:24
Hey all, I am looking for players to start a new group together to play D&D 5e. I have played all of the editions through the many years of my D&D history....yes I am old.
Take a look at the details below to see if you'd like to join my game.

FG License: I have a Full GM's License. Do you have anything other than the demo version?
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: I am in California and therefore in Pacific time zone.
Day of week and time & Frequency: I am looking to play either Tuesday or Wednesday night sometime after 5pm til ??? on a weekly or bi-monthly basis (once every 2 weeks)
Planned start date: I would like to start in February
Planned Duration: More than a one shot, long term. As long as "Life" let's us....meaning when life gets to be too much and always in the way, we will need to stop

Text or Voice: Voice using Discord, and WILL NOT BE RECORDED

Roleplay & Combat mix: I am an old school DM that tries to learn new tricks, so my play style is normally combat heavy, but I like to throw puzzles, skill challenges and role-playing encounters into my story, but it's probably 70/30 or 60/40 combat to roleplaying
Number of Players needed: I would like to have either 6 or 7 players
Character starting level: I will start PCs at 3rd level
Character restrictions: We will be playing Forgotten Realms, so PCs will be restricted to races and classes limited to that world (so not races from other campaign settings)

Details of your scenario: The world will be Forgotten Realms and I will start everyone off at 3rd level, so you all will have some history to your character. I would like a decent sized background or history for your character so that I can eventually make the adventures more personal to the group. I would like goals and objectives the PCs want to accomplish so the group can grow together.
I will have a session 0 with each player individually so characters can be made, we can discuss PC history and where specifically the story and Heroes begin.
I do have a few homebrew rules, which we can go over when we have our session 0.

Link to Game Calendar page: None

Please respond to this post and I will email you directly.
Thank you,
Nick (Shade18)

deer_buster
January 21st, 2022, 03:54
Oh, I could be very interested in this if the date/time works

Cyroa
January 21st, 2022, 12:18
As a fellow old schooler, I'm interested. I could do Wednesday evening and the time is perfect. Not too familiar with Forgotten Realms outside of some old games and novels; 10+ years since i checked in on it maybe. Happy to read up though for a chance to be player.

OldManD
January 21st, 2022, 17:12
I'd be interested, but I would have to start later, at least 8pm (got to get my kids to bed first). Tuesdays only would work for me

idontknowwhat
January 21st, 2022, 17:22
Hello the game looks appealing but I am a minor[15] so if thats a problem feel free to ignore this but if not I would love to join!

Daemini
January 21st, 2022, 17:34
Interested if its Wednesday and depending on time, I'm east coast and work in the mornings.

DrPres
January 21st, 2022, 17:35
I would like to try an Aarakicra druid if possible: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Aarakocra

Will you be using any of the FGU 5e feat, Book of Lost spells, or other add ons in the campaign? Volo's, Sword Coast, Xanathar, etc?

Thanks.

grohduk
January 21st, 2022, 17:44
hi there
i would be interested in a game on Tuesdays

Shade18
January 21st, 2022, 20:50
Thank you everyone who has responded so far.
I have sent each one of you a private message with requests for more information.
Please respond when you can.
For the question about which source books do I use:
I own volo's, xanthar's, fizban's, Swordcoast, Tasha's and Mordankainen's.

TheMacTech
January 22nd, 2022, 19:34
Would be interested in a Tuesday game slot (have another game on Wednesdays), been playing D&D for over 35 years and am Fantasy Grounds Savvy.

NickRedX
January 24th, 2022, 02:30
Im am looking to play and im free on wednesdays after 5 PM EST so 2 pm PST id be able to pley 5 PST til about 8/9 PST if theres still room let me know

DavidSt75
January 24th, 2022, 04:49
im intrested but i see you have many responces already you still got room ??

Duskwalker
January 24th, 2022, 22:48
Is there still space for another player? I'd like to join.

Weeknights are fine for me.

Alpheus
January 24th, 2022, 23:07
Interested, I also have full FG, as well. I have also built some tables and other things in FG.

Shade18
January 25th, 2022, 10:16
I have 13 responses to this post which is now enough for me to form my group, so I am closing this post.

I am not accepting any more requests into my game.
Thank you.

ratzorg
January 27th, 2022, 09:10
Hi! I'm really interested in joining this if there are spots available.
My discord is lucs#7822

Shade18
January 27th, 2022, 18:08
I am sorry ratzorg, but I have enough players now. Thanks.

Donivan2009
January 27th, 2022, 23:14
Hello!
If you're group isn't full already, I would love to join! I haven't played D&D in about a year since my previous group disbanded. I'm looking for a long term group, that I can get to know and really get deep into each others stories. I really like the story telling aspect and RPing. I am on Eastern time, so opposite side of the country, but it shouldn't be an issue at all. I currently have a standard FG license, and familiar enough with discord.

Let me know if you would like to talk more.

Thanks!
Donovan

Dimmon
January 28th, 2022, 19:53
Hello! I would be very interested in this game! I am pretty flexible with what I can play and have gamed through most of the editions on and off over the years with most being in the 2nd edition days.

Hope to hear back from you soon, Cheers!

A Social Yeti
January 29th, 2022, 17:48
I'd be in for either day, I'm also west coast time zone, i can be on at 5pm easy. My limit is i gotta log out at 9pm sharp, it's a work night.

I tend to prefer more support role/not exactly a combatant types(times to shine are more RP and non-combat skill related). But i'm quite flexible, and more then anything i prefer playing in a group that's being a tight crew. So i'm ready to become whatever ingredient works best to help us be that. Or maybe to say, for me, the ensemble group, how we mesh and work as a whole, is the most interesting character to see unfold.
So it's easy for me to go in, without a plan of who to be already. And on session zero let everyone else pick classes and whatever, then discover the flavor of the mix created, to see what I might be a good fit for in that mix.

I tend to keep my character background to a more rough outline of personality archetype. With just a few event details in their past to get them going/to their launch pad. And the rest of the details filled in as we go, so that the character is well integrated to the world they were born to. I rarely write out too much detail background in advance, as i prefer the actually "happened on camera" events, to be the more meaningful events in the character's story. Instead of whatever i say happened off screen before we ever met them.

I will say this, as the party increases in size, i more and more want to be their bard.
Once it hits 5+ that's my favorite party role.

And FYI, i generally do not voice act a character out too much, but tend to be the narrator of them. So that i can more objectively describe them, and their attitudes/demeanor, for the players at the table. Instead of hoping they properly interpret my bad voice acting skills and potentially needing to retcon anything due to player, not character, misinterpretations. Just say'n upfront for an informed choice about your table make up.

happy to offer more details or directly answer questions. But i'd not public post too much about a character in advance of session zero. So i can RP it out in game more, as well as i do like to take into account more details of the world and party make up, to inform my character creation choices.

elecguru
January 30th, 2022, 01:44
If this is Tuesday thing and a room open I would love to learn 5e. I need to roleplay and have some fun.

ratzorg
February 1st, 2022, 06:36
Hey! I’m interested in joining your campaign if slots are still open!
lucs#7822

Omalus
February 2nd, 2022, 02:57
Interested too!
Omalus#2346

Dandelion PineBlood
February 2nd, 2022, 23:20
I’m definitely interested

Claudian_
February 3rd, 2022, 01:20
Awks, didn't see the update post. Ignore this.

Charcon
February 3rd, 2022, 22:41
Please consider me for your game. I have been playing since 1983 and on here since 2019 and have been in same games for 2 years (dependable player). I am also an old guy and have actaully played often with the creators of the game. Not a rules lawyer and about the story moving and being heroic. LOVE Forgotten Realms and read much of the material for it. Character idea is fighter Half Fire Giant (using Goliath template just fire resistance instead of cold).

Kelain
February 5th, 2022, 19:55
if there are any openings I would be interested. I'm fairly new to both D&D and FGU with about two years of experience for both. Either tuesday or weds work for me depending on exact start/stop time as I am central time zone.

Oxbow02
February 5th, 2022, 21:38
We (2 players) would be interested if time will work. We are old too lol started in 2e just learning FG. I have full license and Wife has Basic.
sorry just saw it was closed

garionkane
February 6th, 2022, 00:05
I would be very interested in this game if you still have slots open.

Glendon Hawke
February 6th, 2022, 04:09
I’m interested pm me Nick

Lanceric
February 7th, 2022, 02:39
Definitely interested on a Tuesday timeline

Michael Colacino
February 8th, 2022, 14:11
Good Morning,

I am very interested in your game. I would love an opportunity to play!

I hope to hear from you.

Best,

Aronivich
February 10th, 2022, 00:33
I am interested in a Thursday session, I am on the east coast but the later the better for me. Im kind of new to FGU and have played D&D off an on since 94.

PDXCerealKilla
February 14th, 2022, 04:08
Hi! I am also in the Pacific Timezone and would love to get into a game. I could also bribe you with 3d printed goodies as well.

KingofKlubs
February 16th, 2022, 13:52
Is there still room left?

Xentrox
February 18th, 2022, 21:21
I would be interested in attending

Michael Colacino
February 21st, 2022, 15:03
I am very interested. The timing can work very well for me also.

Look forward to hearing from you.