PDA

View Full Version : Major NPCs

FryCook
September 14th, 2007, 16:32
I've searched the Library and the Forums and while this is vaguely hinted at, I couldn't tell if there was really a way to do this or not.

I'd like to have a fully fleshed out NPC with a character sheet on par with a PC's. The only NPC character sheets I found are the summary like ones when you create a "New" Personality. Is it not possible to have a Personality with a full character sheet?

Thanks for any ideas.

richvalle
September 14th, 2007, 18:25
Can't you just create char sheets for them?

Create them, log in with a client instance while you have the server instance running and grab that character as NPC or some such player name. Now players shouldn't see them when they log in.

During the game you can either loging a client instance during the game to make a character appear like a player or just open up the window that shows all the created characters for that campaign and open up that character sheet.

The only annoying part is that there is no way to minimize the char sheet. What I've done is move it to the bottom of the screen so only the very top of the window is showing. Then pull it up if I need something off it. You'll lose some visability to some quickkeys that way but it works.

Good luck,

rv

FryCook
September 15th, 2007, 18:33
thanks for your reply.

so you have multiple instances of the FG client running? i was thinking about that but i wasn't sure it would work. what's the performance like?

that's some good info about grabbing them with a client so the other players don't see them. the non minimize is pretty lame though. i already have to do some window shuffling so i can see the windows task bar since running fg full screen covers that up.

thanks again for the ideas.

~fry

Griogre
September 15th, 2007, 20:00
You can have multiple instances running but there is no need to. Remember one client can have open a number of characters in FG2. I have to comment that I think it is a lot of work to set up a character sheet for a guy not likely to live past five rounds unless he is very special.

For an NPC that is a member of the party you can have one of your players open the character sheet so it shows up with the other players also. That will save you the hassel of starting a second instance. I have a player do that for me even if I am going to run the character because it makes it much more easy to deal with since you can minimize the character sheet.

FryCook
September 15th, 2007, 21:28
great. thanks for the suggestions and info, griogre.