PDA

View Full Version : Dividing damage by 4

Kissa
January 13th, 2022, 18:54
Is there a way to automate damage divition in 5E? I am starting a campaign using Ultramodern5E and gunslinger has following kata skill:

"Classic Tumble
Kata Cost: 1
Spend 1 kata as a reaction when hit with an attack or if you fail a Dexterity saving throw. You take only ¼ damage."

I can do this easily in my head and then modify hit points in Combat Tracker but as I am using Mad Nomad's Party Combat Stats, I don't want to also edit this every time this situation arises.

Zacchaeus
January 13th, 2022, 19:20
There's no native way to do it. I suppose you could make the player Resistant to the damage type and have the attacker press the half damage button before they roll damage. Or again make the target resistant to the damage type and roll the damage without a target then right click on the damage in chat and select half and drag that to the target.

MrDDT
January 14th, 2022, 02:53
Is there a way to automate damage divition in 5E? I am starting a campaign using Ultramodern5E and gunslinger has following kata skill:

"Classic Tumble
Kata Cost: 1
Spend 1 kata as a reaction when hit with an attack or if you fail a Dexterity saving throw. You take only ¼ damage."

I can do this easily in my head and then modify hit points in Combat Tracker but as I am using Mad Nomad's Party Combat Stats, I don't want to also edit this every time this situation arises.

Give them RESIST: all
Throw the damage in the chat (not on the player) right click 1/2 it. Then drop it on the player from chat.