PDA

View Full Version : Vista...yeah.

Dennis Morton
September 14th, 2007, 04:50
When I hit the shortcut to FG2 it goes to a small FG screen that says:

Getting Package Listing.
Done.

Then I click on done and nothing happens...
Can anyone help me.
Take into account I just got Vista and am completely unfamiliar with it.

Thanks

sloejack
September 14th, 2007, 05:36
Sounds like the post install update is running but the link isn't updating after that. When you run it, you might try doing it by right clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator" which may resolve your problem if the UAC is preventing FG2 from updating the shortcut for some reason.

Dennis Morton
September 14th, 2007, 06:27
thanks, I'll try right now.

Dennis Morton
September 14th, 2007, 06:28
No luck...
:(

Griogre
September 14th, 2007, 08:13
Did you upgrade to Vista after installing FG? I have been running FG2 in Vista since it came out without any problems. FG2 is Vista compatible. Vista is very different from other Windows in how it works with virtualization and user accounts. In particular, you don't want to run as an admin if you don't have to because it stops virtualization of the user folders.

You might try uninstallying FG and then re-installing FG again in non admin mode only promoting to Admin when the UAC asks you.

Dennis Morton
September 15th, 2007, 04:08
I installed (and reinstalled ) FG2 onto my new laptop that came with vista. The UAC asks me if I want to allow it then, after hitting yes, goes to the message above. I have tryed to run in admin mode once before reinstalling it. Anyone got any more ideas?

Dennis Morton
September 15th, 2007, 19:44
Man....Im an idiot.

I didnt put the "-" in the product code when I installed...

Thanks to all who helped me.

D

Griogre
September 15th, 2007, 19:45
LOL, well it works now. Those are the worst mistakes. :p