PDA

View Full Version : Delta Green Extension - Revised

Mach5RR
January 13th, 2022, 05:40
With all of the heavy changes in FGU and the CoC6e ruleset, it turns out a lot of the code that existed in the original extension had been deprecated.
Instead of repatching the existing code, I have rebuilt it using CoC6e as a template, and then just modding it to look/act like the original extension. I have also made some changes in performance, so you may have to redo your campaigns. Sorry, but I think you might like some of the new stuff. Because of this I have updated the version to 0.1
What is different.
The d100 is now out on the main dice selection (it is now first). Since the d100 is the most used dice, I hated having to dive into the d10 radial to roll it as a special dice. This was so stupidly easy to implement, I kick myself for not doing it earlier.
Breaking Point does not autocalculate anymore. You now have to double-click it to get it to change to a new value.
Tickboxes have been added for Permanent injuries, temporary insanities, and disorders. I thought I had these autocalculating, but I must have broken something. I will address this soon.

Weapons - I now have the attack roll synched with the skill required to use. Just bring up the weapon description, and type in the skill. I have it set to autofill using an existing module. Now, when you change the skill value, your weapon skill will automatically update. Don't use any skill with a sublabel (Art, Craft, MilSci, etc.). The system will only pick up the first in the series skill data. If you are using a different skill, just create a whole new one instead of a sub-one.
Fixed Lethal damage to play correctly with Out-of-Phase.
Skills - I have it setup that (what I deem) all useless knowledge while you are in play mode. Just click on the edit button to have it show up. I have created a tick box for Combat Skills. I'm trying to get the weapon selection to narrow the choice to only those items ticked, instead of every listed skill. This doesn't work (yet) and you may ignore it.
Personal Tab has been reworked to make information more easily viewable. Have added tickboxes to track sanity adaption.

What I'm working on (besides what listed), a party sheet, similar to the 5e and 7e rulesets.
Sanity damage, Called Shots, and Critical Hits.

Many thanks to IanMWard. who's pieced together the original ruleset from scratch, where I just had the benefit of rebuilding off his designs.
DeltaGreen.ext v2024-03-27 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0xd6tgxlx59ec6/DeltaGreen.ext?dl=0)

CthulhuRol
January 13th, 2022, 23:49
Uohhh how wonderful.
Thank you so much for the great job.
It is magnificent.
Eternally grateful.

damned
January 14th, 2022, 00:23
Well done Mach5RR

CthulhuRol
January 14th, 2022, 19:50
Hello.
I have detected a bug. The CONx5 does not autocalculate in the data sheet of the player. It stays at 0.

Another little thing. I don't understand why you have added Dexterityx5 as a skill, when you already have dodge. Is there any reason?

Apart from that, just as a possible improvement, there are quite a few terms that do not appear in the strings file and that would be good for a translation to another language. In the previous version they were reflected.

Another improvement is to add a check box next to willpower to mark when the player is exhausted.

Many thanks.

Mach5RR
January 15th, 2022, 09:46
Hello.
I have detected a bug. The CONx5 does not autocalculate in the data sheet of the player. It stays at 0.

Another little thing. I don't understand why you have added Dexterityx5 as a skill, when you already have dodge. Is there any reason?

Apart from that, just as a possible improvement, there are quite a few terms that do not appear in the strings file and that would be good for a translation to another language. In the previous version they were reflected.

Another improvement is to add a check box next to willpower to mark when the player is exhausted.

Many thanks.

I'll be posting an update to cover some of this soon.
"Why is Dexterity x5 a skill?" - I meant to clarify this in my original post. Dexterity x5 is a combat skill (sorta). Its the ability used for pepper spray, stun guns, and shock batons. When I built the weapons, I found some coding used for looking at the skill list and pulling the number back (Anyone interested, it was the coding for determining Max San by deducting your Mythos skill). With that, I was able to set it up that a user could type in an associated skill with a weapon, and it would auto-load the skill value. Plus, when the value of the skill changed, it would update in all of the associated weapons. Except Dexterity x5 isn't a skill. Its an ability roll. And -I- was on the verge of taking major sanity loss trying to get the script to track changes across abilities and skill in separate nodes. So I took the easy way out, and figured no one would mind, and added Dexterity x5 as a skill to resolve the problem.

The use of terms. What the Delta Green file is, is an an extension of the CoC6e ruleset. I've tried to keep as minimal an impact as I could with the coding and terms that I use. Since DG is a spinoff of CoC, it's only natural they share a lot of the same terms. "Dexterity", "Constitution", "Power", "Sanity Points", etc. The terms in the String File cover things unique to Delta Green, or have changed the names from CoC. (Magic Points become Willpower Points, Spells become Rituals, Magic becomes Hypergeometry,etc).
What I'm saying is, the majority of the terms you are looking to correct come from the CoC6e String file. The DG one just adds to, or overwrites portions of it. When you create your language extension, it should only contain three files. The extension.xml to define the file, a strings file which collates both the Coc6e and DG string files, with the translated terms, and an updated EraManager.xml file, to change the names of the skills.
Be advised, there are (currently) three skill names you cannot change unless you are willing to edit some files. The "language" skill (it breaks the manager_language2.lua script), the "unnatural" skill (DG version of the Mythos skill - changing the name stops the auto-calculation of max sanity; and Dexterity x5 as I have it set up to auto-update that skill.
Right now, I'm also trying to figure out how to set string values to equal names from String file. A lot of the scripts have English words embedded in them for output purposes (the action roll will tell you "Critical, Regular, Fail, or Fumble" but I can't figure out how to make it select those words from the Strings file. I can only seem to set them locally, or build a database of terms from the Era Manager and select from there. I may do that in the short term until I find out the easy way.

Mach5RR
January 18th, 2022, 07:09
Okay, I promised you guys an update to fix the listed issues, and v 0.1.1 is now live. Just use the same dl in the first post. One thing I've been working on, and finally figured out how to do, is to break text out of script files and place it in the Era Manager file. I've also got it where you can now change the names of Skills to match your language. Just leave the "special" name alone for the four skills (language, dodge, dexterity5, mythos) as those are the four skills that are being sought by other parts of the character sheet. I still have to do defensive qualities, so please leave those in English for now.

CthulhuRol
June 21st, 2022, 15:18
Okay, I promised you guys an update to fix the listed issues, and v 0.1.1 is now live. Just use the same dl in the first post. One thing I've been working on, and finally figured out how to do, is to break text out of script files and place it in the Era Manager file. I've also got it where you can now change the names of Skills to match your language. Just leave the "special" name alone for the four skills (language, dodge, dexterity5, mythos) as those are the four skills that are being sought by other parts of the character sheet. I still have to do defensive qualities, so please leave those in English for now.

Hello Mach5RR.
Any news about the incoming update?.

Mach5RR
July 21st, 2022, 05:53
I did a minor update to fix an equipment issue CthuluRoi pointed out. Sorry this has fallen on the backburner, but we've been playing with another system.

GageT800
September 19th, 2022, 00:26
Hello, I have added this to my extensions in my FGU appdata folder like I did the older version, but now I don't get the option to set the preset to Delta Green like I previously could when making a campaign. Any help would be appreciated if at all possible, TIA.

jackanapes
November 11th, 2022, 00:17
Dropped the .ext file into the extensions folder and tried to create a new CoC 6E campaign, but the extension is not appearing in the extensions list. Any troubleshooting advice?

Trenloe
November 11th, 2022, 03:02
Dropped the .ext file into the extensions folder and tried to create a new CoC 6E campaign, but the extension is not appearing in the extensions list. Any troubleshooting advice?
Welcome to the FG forums.

The extension file in post #1 had been packed incorrectly. EDIT: updated extension in post #1.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2022, 03:03
Hello, I have added this to my extensions in my FGU appdata folder like I did the older version, but now I don't get the option to set the preset to Delta Green like I previously could when making a campaign. Any help would be appreciated if at all possible, TIA.
Welcome to the FG forums!

Sorry I didn't spot this post until now. EDIT: Updated extension now in post #1.

Mach5RR
November 11th, 2022, 03:35
Well, I feel like an idiot. Thanks Trenloe. I have fixed the original download post to contain the correct version.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2022, 03:41
Well, I feel like an idiot. Thanks Trenloe. I have fixed the original download post to contain the correct version.
It happens to all of us at some point! To avoid confusion I've removed the extension I'd temporarily uploaded. Thanks for doing this extension and sharing with the community!

jackanapes
November 11th, 2022, 15:49
Many thanks to both for the fast turnaround! The extension is locked and loaded. One other question: Is there still a theme for DG? It's no longer in the DropBox link where I went looking for it.

Mach5RR
November 12th, 2022, 20:19
Many thanks to both for the fast turnaround! The extension is locked and loaded. One other question: Is there still a theme for DG? It's no longer in the DropBox link where I went looking for it.

At some point I just rolled the theme into the extension itself. Otherwise, it would look exactly like stock CoC6e (I hope it doesn't) and I thought it should have a more modern, government worker look.

sedgetone
November 17th, 2022, 21:45
Would you consider getting this into Forge?

Malaith
January 22nd, 2023, 07:51
Hi. Any theme for this ruleset? Thanks!

honeybadgergold
July 22nd, 2023, 15:58
This may be dumb, but I'm assuming I need the CoC6e ruleset? Or the 7th Edition to use this extension?

damned
July 22nd, 2023, 16:05
Yes it needs the CallOfCthulhu 6E ruleset for this to work.

honeybadgergold
July 22nd, 2023, 16:11
Thank you.

Mach5RR
July 22nd, 2023, 22:16
I have always wondered what my limitations are on working on this extension. There are things done in the base COC6e ruleset that I don't like, and wish it were implemented closer to how 5e does things. This includes modding the inventory sheet to load/unload weapons from the combat portion; being able to actually create new weapons -from- the items tab, and modifying books to hold hypergeometric rituals (aka spells), and a couple of other things.
Honestly, if I still played Delta Green (I have one or two player's that -loathe- the BRP ruleset and its variations, which means we never get to play it), for my use I would just flat out mod the core COC6e ruleset to BE a Delta Green ruleset, instead of relying off an extension.

damned
July 23rd, 2023, 08:57
CoC6E is one of the earliest rulesets there will be many things that would be done different if being done now Im sure.
5E is going to always be better than 90% of rulesets.
Copying 6E wholesale is not appropriate as it is a paid product.

Mach5RR
September 2nd, 2023, 03:54
My apologies, as I didn't realize a lot of the Combat Tracker had been deprecated. Although no one came for my head so I'm wondering if people still use this.

Anyway, this ext has been updated to 1.1.3 and I cleaned up some repetitive files where the CoC6e ruleset had modified.

sedgetone
September 2nd, 2023, 07:29
Thank you Mach5RR, I don't get to run DG as much as I would like, but I always prefer to use FG over Foundry.

CthulhuRol
September 2nd, 2023, 23:57
Lately I have only used it to prepare some games, but I intend to play them in FG using the extension. Thanks Mach5RR

Naurthoron
September 9th, 2023, 21:00
Thanks still do from time to time

Merecraft
December 5th, 2023, 19:14
I'm just setting up to use this fantastic extension for my new Delta Green campaign, but I'm running into errors.

This occurs in a fresh campaign with no other extensions loaded.

The error occurs when making damage rolls for melee attacks

Script execution error: [string "DeltaGreen:ct/scripts/ct_attack.lua"]:108: attempt to index field 'dbdesc' (a nil value)
Thanks in advance for any help!

Mach5RR
December 6th, 2023, 04:06
I'm just setting up to use this fantastic extension for my new Delta Green campaign, but I'm running into errors.

This occurs in a fresh campaign with no other extensions loaded.

The error occurs when making damage rolls for melee attacks

Script execution error: [string "DeltaGreen:ct/scripts/ct_attack.lua"]:108: attempt to index field 'dbdesc' (a nil value)
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey Merecraft, I'm having trouble replicating your problem. Just to verify, when you first start a DG campaign it should say v.0.1.3 (v2023-09-01).

Second, it looks like you are attempting to roll damage from the combat tracker (ct_attack.lua refers to part of the combat tracker). Just to be clear, you only roll damage for NPCs from the combat tracker. Damage from a character has to be done from the character sheet.

So, please do me a favor. Bring up what you are doing and take a screenshot - make sure we can see who is doing the damage, and where you are rolling the damage. If you are using the combat tracker, please expand all the fields under the damaging character (so I can see who they are targeting, effects, etc)

Mach5RR
December 6th, 2023, 05:24
Okay, I found the error. It had to do with a changeover of how DG handles bonus damage for strength (flat number) vs how CoC6 did it (# of dice). I know you can add db damage by using +db as part of your damage roll on NPCs (ie 1D6+db). However, all of the NPCs in DG don't seem to use the DB in their stats, as anything over a certain strength just starts doing lethal damage, which is why I didn't notice it was doing this. Plus, I think I had fixed this in an earlier iteration, but FG redid the Combat Tracker. Give me a day or two, as I'm down to one arm at the moment.

Merecraft
December 6th, 2023, 11:33
Thanks for the quick reply @Mach5RR, its very much appreciated. No rush and hope the arm recovers soon!

Mach5RR
December 11th, 2023, 05:33
Okay, as requested, I have fixed the issue. I added back the damage bonus that was part of the CoC6e ruleset to fix the issue. Sadly, I could not make it autocalculate for NPCs, so the db will have to be set manually. I did set the default to "+0", as it kept picking "3d6" by default. Don't know why.

I DID make some visual changes, to be compliant with Delta Green's Recognition of Rights (https://www.delta-green.com/field-reports-and-fan-creations/).
I purged all of the DG logos and Trade dress to be compliant, and replaced it with some generic art.

Merecraft
December 11th, 2023, 09:04
Thanks so much. I can confirm that it all seems to be working now!

Merecraft
December 15th, 2023, 13:03
It seems I may have spoken too soon. This weeks FG update seems to have broken a couple of things...

- Can no longer roll skills from NPC sheets (e.g. can't click on "Unnatural 10%")
- Lethality rolls are broken, giving the following error message:

Script execution error: [string "W:npc weapon"]:41: attempt to call field 'getActor' (a nil value)

Both of these work from Player Character sheets, it's just the NPC sheets that are broken. It was working before this weeks FG update.

I can work around it if it's too much to fix, sorry!

Merecraft
January 1st, 2024, 18:41
I fixed the Lethality rolls. There was a call to getActor in one of the scripts that I replaced with ResolveActor.

However, this is still an issue:
- Can no longer roll skills from NPC sheets (e.g. can't click on "Unnatural 10%")
When I enter a skill into the Skills box of an NPC I get the following error:

Script execution error: [string "DeltaGreenMod:...paign/scripts/npc_skill.lua"]:25: attempt to call field 'onChar' (a nil value)

Mach5RR
January 3rd, 2024, 06:14
Sorry for the delay, Holidays, Baldur's Gate 3 and CP 2077: Phantom Liberty have worked against you.

I have resolved the issues (I hope). Everything seems to be working fine now.

Merecraft, because you were looking through the code, the error was in the record_npc.xml file. The Call of Cthulhu ruleset changed how it referenced building skills. I had not updated the DG Extension to match the call. It is now updated. If you look at line 176 of the record_npc,xml, you can see I changed the template to "string_columnh_multiroll", which is the the new template CoC6e is using.

Merecraft
January 3rd, 2024, 08:06
Perfect thanks so much!
No worry about the delay. My D&D campaign has been on hiatus for the last three months whilst my group plays through Baldur's Gate 3. It's a time-sucker!

Mach5RR
March 8th, 2024, 06:05
Minor update, but I have adjusted the sheet to use the new Icons system introduced in 4.5.0

sedgetone
March 8th, 2024, 08:20
Thank you for jumping on the changes!

Elquis
March 23rd, 2024, 20:40
Is there a way to edit the un-editable stats such as max Hp, max sanity and max willpower?

bmos
March 23rd, 2024, 21:46
Would you consider getting this into Forge?
Going to bump this request. This extension would be a hit on the Forge and get a lot more users.

Mach5RR
March 24th, 2024, 06:49
Is there a way to edit the un-editable stats such as max Hp, max sanity and max willpower?

Not really, these are calculated attributes. If I make them editable, you lose the auto-calc. However, an option to create bonuses for each of those three stats could be programmed. This would allow you to adjust the stats, while also allowing them to be auto-calculated.

I'm curious as to where this is coming from. I thought those stats were pretty fixed in their calculations. Is there something outside the core calculations that is giving bonuses (certain hypergeometry rituals or artifacts) to the calculated stats but not the base stats that I missed?

Elquis
March 26th, 2024, 01:43
I created an artifact that gives more HP in exchange for sanity. Also max sanity isnt actually max as it doesn't reflect how high you can raise your sanity as you cant raise it past its starting value. Thanks if it cant be done ill just do it manually threw notes on character sheet.

Mach5RR
March 28th, 2024, 08:17
Okay,
I have made a some major repairs in the background. Turns out, I was using some deprecated stuff - and fooling with weapons threw up some errors. This should all be fixed.
I have also adjusted rituals, to show information that is present in the handlers guide (Ritual Type: Simple, Complex, Elaborate), as well as "Study Time" and "Activation". Per Elquis request, I have thrown in a mod window to adjust the Max Scores. It is the spyglass icon next to the "MINI" tab in the HP, WP, SP window.

What I'm working on. A new inventory system for Delta Green. One that is similar to how 3.5 and 5e handle their inventory, where you can equip and unequip to change AC and combat actions. This will also fix tomes and artifacts, treating them as items - and allowing the items to be adjusted for more information. Unfortunately, this is NOT compatible with how the Call of Cthulhu 6e ruleset handles things, so it -will break things (ie, you will have to recreate these items to use them).
The plan is to make is to currently make this a seperate extension, so that the main part can continue to be updated and people who don't want to change can continue to use their existing inventories. Those that are interested can add the extension and build out their new equipment.

sedgetone
March 28th, 2024, 15:38
When you have the new one ready, can you release it via Forge please? Really appreciate you putting in the effort on this one.

Mach5RR
April 1st, 2024, 04:05
I have gotten a crafter's account on the forge, and I have submitted the most recent build. Am waiting for approval.

Elquis
April 3rd, 2024, 19:40
Okay,
I have made a some major repairs in the background. Turns out, I was using some deprecated stuff - and fooling with weapons threw up some errors. This should all be fixed.
I have also adjusted rituals, to show information that is present in the handlers guide (Ritual Type: Simple, Complex, Elaborate), as well as "Study Time" and "Activation". Per Elquis request, I have thrown in a mod window to adjust the Max Scores. It is the spyglass icon next to the "MINI" tab in the HP, WP, SP window.

What I'm working on. A new inventory system for Delta Green. One that is similar to how 3.5 and 5e handle their inventory, where you can equip and unequip to change AC and combat actions. This will also fix tomes and artifacts, treating them as items - and allowing the items to be adjusted for more information. Unfortunately, this is NOT compatible with how the Call of Cthulhu 6e ruleset handles things, so it -will break things (ie, you will have to recreate these items to use them).
The plan is to make is to currently make this a seperate extension, so that the main part can continue to be updated and people who don't want to change can continue to use their existing inventories. Those that are interested can add the extension and build out their new equipment.

Awesome thats perfect thank you